Cryptum

Cryptum is a BTB map set in hemmorrage canyon.

The story behind the map is that there is an abandoned UNSC base in between two forerunner structures. The concept of the map was to have a map where all the neutral weapons were UNSC and the base weapons were Covenant. It created intresting gameplay that is not normally seen.

The Map is compatible with CTF, Assualt, and slayer with CTF being my most recomended

I have a few gametype variants that i think work better than the standard CTF, Assualt, and Slayer

post-30038-0-12608300-1348375120_thumb.jpg

The map was started by CHUGGALUG25 and max DESTUCTO and finished and improved by thejchip

CHUGGALUG25 made the red base max DESTUCTO made the blue base and I made everthing in between and balanced the map. The map is balanced and fair and has a perfect community of weapons vehicles and positions.

The weapon selections are the following:

Neutral

rocket launcher x2

rocket hog

grenade lancher x2

armor lock x2

Falcon (spawns 3 min into the game)

Each base has these weapons:

Energy sword

Concussion rifle

plasma pistol x2

focus rifle

Ghost x2

Revenant x2

Wraith

Banshee

Mongoose x2

Plasma Launcher

Sniper Rifle (semi neutral)

recomended assault gametype (

http://halo.xbox.com...etails=30774470)

Recomended CTF gametype (

http://halo.xbox.com...etails=30774471)

Recomended Slayer Gametype (

http://halo.xbox.com...etails=30774472)

Blue Base

post-30038-0-94444700-1348375122_thumb.jpg

Red Base

post-30038-0-65750700-1348375121_thumb.jpg

Neutral Bases

post-30038-0-48608800-1348375125_thumb.jpg

post-30038-0-20348300-1348375124_thumb.jpg

Guest Psychoduck

This map suffers from the same issues most canyon maps suffer from: the structures are too sparse and too few and are not interconnected at all. This leaves huge open areas of blank natural terrain. In the

video, I talk about how all of these problems so often occur in canyon maps and how Brick does an excellent job of avoiding them.

you are right if you do not use it correctly it will become rather stale and hard to traverse the map i have tried to fix this with multiple grave lifts and mongoose that spawn very quickly but you are a better judge then me so thank you for the feed back and i am glad that you actually reply to peoples post unlike some of the other forums.

oh and i should probally consider this a btb heavy map because there are more vehicles than a standard map and they spawn faster maybe thats why i did not notice the stale infantry paths as you said but it still does not feel like a giant mosh pit of vehicles constantly dieing and respawning.

Most of the flg caps were on foot but the fact that the special gametype I used let the flag carriers travel at 100% speed and it let the flag carrier use armor abilities in addition with the standard player moving at 110% speed

Thanks for the feedback,

thejchip

Only problem I see that could develope, other than what Psycho Duck said, is the framerate. If you do not know what that is look up somewhere, I think THFE made a video about it. On both Blue and Red Base they could have this issue because of your use of 5x5 flats for the floor. I have to download it to check out, but I think the framerate is right.