IGN i hate you

Adam91

I'll vote for Shepard. She's a far more interesting and engaging character than the Master Chief (who I don't find all that interesting to begin with) Despite all of the wars they've fought, despite watching people they knew and cared about die, Shepard still has and shows emotion. The Master Chief hardly displays anything resembling emotion in the entire trilogy. I never get to see, hear, or feel his humanity (which I know he still has), and that prevents me from making any special connection with him. The whole blank slate thing would be fine if the character had no backstory and always remained quiet, however when your character does have a background (a rather detailed one I might add), and actively speaks and interacts with other characters in the games and universe, the "blank slate" approach doesn't really work all that well.

I've never felt any connection, sympathy, or pity for the Master Chief. This is in large part to just how little emotion he's ever displayed. At most some of his dialog has hinted at him being either angry, annoyed, or overwhelmed/worried about his current situation, but these instances do little for me. Hopefully 343 Industries does a better job than Bungie at conveying his humanity and his emotions.

I am a Sangheili fan, but if I had to choose between the two that have been selected, I would say Master Chief. Who else has a sexy blue Artificial Intelligence? Who has saved the world on more than one occasion? This "Sheppard" person I have never heard of.

I'll vote for Shepard. She's a far more interesting and engaging character than the Master Chief (who I don't find all that interesting to begin with) Despite all of the wars they've fought, despite watching people they knew and cared about die, Shepard still has and shows emotion. The Master Chief hardly displays anything resembling emotion in the entire trilogy. I never get to see, hear, or feel his humanity (which I know he still has), and that prevents me from making any special connection with him. The whole blank slate thing would be fine if the character had no backstory and always remained quiet, however when your character does have a background (a rather detailed one I might add), and actively speaks and interacts with other characters in the games and universe, the "blank slate" approach doesn't really work all that well.

I've never felt any connection, sympathy, or pity for the Master Chief. This is in large part to just how little emotion he's ever displayed. At most some of his dialog has hinted at him being either angry, annoyed, or overwhelmed/worried about his current situation, but these instances do little for me. Hopefully 343 Industries does a better job than Bungie at conveying his humanity and his emotions.

I think you meant he* :laughing:

But seriously you make a good point.

I dont really see the Chief taking off his armor and sitting behind a desk anytime soon.

Just for the record I love em both but I would rather have the Chief having my back in a fight.

It's hard to choose against a solid hardcore soldier such as master chief vs Shepard, the girl that goes through so much around her, all her friends (or don't) his world is crumbling to pieces and it all lies on her, pressure is pushing down on her shoulders 24/7 hard decision, can't choose, i'm never putting my vote in on this one, these are 2 characters that can't really be put against each other but the attenton wanting companies want to start another gamefight over Halo and Mass effect, gets me mad

Master Chief, no question about it. He's either the last (or one of the last...) Spartans, an elite soldier who fights for humanity's existence. He will single handedly successfully execute more near-death missions than the entire UNSC military combined. Yeah... I think the Chief has my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Sangheili fan, but if I had to choose between the two that have been selected, I would say Master Chief. Who else has a sexy blue Artificial Intelligence? Who has saved the world on more than one occasion? This "Sheppard" person I have never heard of.

Shep doesn't have a sexy blue AI, but he can have a sexy blue alien if he/she so desires. Shep gets busy a lot. I love both franchises, so I can't pick.

I think you meant he* :laughing:

But seriously you make a good point.

I dont really see the Chief taking off his armor and sitting behind a desk anytime soon.

Just for the record I love em both but I would rather have the Chief having my back in a fight.

Its He or she, in Mass Effect you can play the story as a male or female main. The name "Shepard" is the last name and stays the same either way.

The both of them would just end up fighting for weeks on end until they decide to take a break and gets some coffee. *instant friendship* :smoke:

I would have to say Shepard eventhough Im more of a Halo fan, because Chief is a soldier, in the Mass Effect games Shepard may have been a soldier but he brought together a whole galaxy of beings.

Sounds like a prez to me.

Know in terms of who I would choose for the heck of it...... That would be Chief.