What is this website?

Mator

I'm a new member here I'm curious...

My friend, Demon, thinks that this site is an official site for 343 Industries, as in, 343i employees populate it and read/respond to topics on it.

I, on the other hand, am under the impression that this is a fan site about 343i and related subjects.

Which of us is right?

Thanks,

-Mator

Demon is correct, this is the official 343i website

You'll excuse me for not believing you...

If that is so why is it so drab, with a standard phBB format, and why does it have so few members? Furthermore, why is it that no other site regarding 343i references this one? Let alone 343i employee's twitters and profiles? (http://twitter.com/#!/ryanpayton etc. )

Aside from all these points of doubt - what do you have in way of verification of that claim? Aside from the title.

The forum appears to run by Twam and Bob, where the former is located in Toronto, Canada and the latter in Tallahassee, Florida. Since 343's quarters are in Redmond, Washington neither of these individuals can be staff at 343i.

I could go on, but I don't think it's necessary. As is standard, the burden of proof is on you guys to establish that this is indeed 343i's official site, rather than a fansite.

I hope you don't take this as offensive, as it was not intended to be.

Best regards,

-Mator

Edit: And don't even get me started on the site banner... made in paint? Yeah...

That is there offiial jobs and hiring page

Yes, their* official* jobs and hiring page. And is listed as their official website everywhere I look. This website is not listed anywhere.

OH and, it's their* official jobs and hiring page, not "your" official jobs and hiring page. This forum (343industries.org) was made by fans for the subject of 343i. Not by 343 industries or for 343 industries. I would highly recommend that someone makes a topic in the announcements about this fact, as it leaves some people confused.

yeah

Thanks for backing me up sch1s.

LOL! Great proof you got there. And a great argument.

-Mator

Dude it's not worth arguing with you, you had a bet with your friend, you lost, you are throwing a hissy fit

1. It wasn't a bet. It was conflicting ideas.

2. I didn't lose, as he now agrees with me that this site is fan-created, and you provided no proof other than a statement "yes this is the official site", which carries no weight whatsoever.

3. I'm merely providing factual arguments and points, and undermining your position. Saying that I'm throwing a hissy fit is completely inaccurate.

4. Not worth arguing with me? That's an excuse to not defend a position you can't defend, in other words, just another method of evasion from confronting the truth and admitting you lied, and that this site is just a transparent fan-based creation.

Please just stop talking

I'm not talking. I'm posting.

Why don't you just give up and run away because you can't provide any factual basis for your position? Honestly, it's pointless for you to continue to beat around the bush and provide such whimsical arguments as "I say this so it is."

It would be logical that any professional website would have fair rules and regulations. As of right now, 343 industries does not have their own public relations website available to the community as compared to bungie's bungie.net. The closest possible substitute would be Halo Waypoint, which was created by 343 industries to provide stats and updates about the halo series. If anyone wants to see high quality posts about the future of Halo, it would most likely be found in Halo Waypoint.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/

I do think that this is the real site of 343i. I used to have speculations as well but they are mostly gone. The reason I believe that this is the official site of 343i is because it's domain name is www.343industries.org. Now a may be wrong but I would think that the real 343i would have gotten that domain name before any other site.

• 4 weeks later...