BioWare Announces Mass Effect 3 "Omega" DLC And A New Mass Effect Game

mass-effect-3.jpg

Mass Effect 3 getting 'Omega' DLC and Bioware already devolping a new Mass Effect game.

Read below for more details

By: Mike Jackson for

CVG UK

BioWare has confirmed it's forming plans for an all-new Mass Effect game, which is in development alongside a new IP for "built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology".

BioWare Edmonton and Montreal general manager Aaryn Flynn confirmed as much in a new blog post discussing the future of BioWare in the wake of the

just-announced retirement of co-founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka.

Mass Effect 3 brought the current story arc to a close, but of course that doesn't spell the end for the much-loved franchise. "The Mass Effect universe is vast, and [Executive Producer Casey Hudson] and our teams have plans for another full game," confirmed Flynn.

"'Where to go next?' with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we'd all love to hear your ideas."

Even more excitingly, Flynn goes on to reveal that its also working on a new IP seemingly for next-gen hardware. "Both Dragon Age and Mass Effect started as single games but grew into vast universes. But we aren't stopping there," he said.

"While Casey continues to oversee the development of our new Mass Effect project, he and his leads are putting together their vision for an all new game set in a fictional universe, built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology."

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 2

Looks like EA put on the farmers glove, and is trying to MILK ME and Bioware dry... I feel it is a bit early to announce this, just like they announced Battlefield 4. Don't get me wrong they are good games, but they are starting to get greedy In my opinion.

Looks like EA put on the farmers glove, and is trying to MILK ME and Bioware dry... I feel it is a bit early to announce this, just like they announced Battlefield 4. Don't get me wrong they are good games, but they are starting to get greedy In my opinion.

Same with Gears of War: Judgement too.

BioWare see that people love the Mass Effect Universe, so of course they want to give the gamers more.

They announced a new game in the Mass Effect series, but they didn't announce yet when the planned release date is.

So i think it's way too early to talk about BioWare milking anyone, especially since they always put lots of work into their games

• 3 weeks later...

Bioware has a good reputation in my books. Other then dragon age 2, SWTOR's horrible lack of updates, and ME3's cliffhanger-esque ending im satisfied. The changes in every mass effect game gameplay wise were positive in my books, and I have confidence that bioware wont screw up the story again. These screw ups are what makes a game company good, And i think bioware is getting their **** together. But in all honesty, I freaking hate EA... Activision too.

• 2 months later...

I have to admit I'm glad the series isn't coming to an end. I can't wait to see what they decide to do with the next game since Shepard's story has ended.

actually, most of fans will be in huge uproar over the end of Shepard, they don't want other character, they WANT THEIR SHEPARD. the ME3 ending was pretty screwed up good, but i will not buy ME4 without Shepard. ME3 ending would have been clear, but no it was't. it's all about ending your story with death of shepard, four diffrent ways that kills Shepard, it was really stupid.

• Like 1

well im buying mass effect 4 regardless alive shep or dead shep i cared more about the charcters than my own shep

really? think about it, the Characters you know and met, are not here anymore in Mass Effect 4. i believe ME4 takes place, about next 50,000 years later. most of people we know are gone. like it was said in Stargazer's story. it's been 50,000 years later since Shepard saved the whole galaxy.

really? think about it, the Characters you know and met, are not here anymore in Mass Effect 4. i believe ME4 takes place, about next 50,000 years later. most of people we know are gone. like it was said in Stargazer's story. it's been 50,000 years later since Shepard saved the whole galaxy.

Characters were great but its a good time for a new start. What are they going to do with Shep now? I personally cant wait for the new cast of characters I believe they can make some cool new characters.

Have you any solid rumour on when it will take place or are you just making an completely uneducated guess based on your feelings?

The fact is it is a story; personally I feel that once Bioware went out of their way to add more to the ending it was rather nice. The fact is the stupidity would have been in the story progressing as "And then it lived happily ever after as Shepard pressed a big red button". So yeah I am perfectly happy buying a new game with a new story with new characters based around one lore. Otherwise a story gets old fast as it would be the same game with a different person to shoot... Bit pointless.