Thruster Pack Changes Analyzed

Cooliest

Thruster Pack Differences from E3 - PAX.

halo-4-thruster-pack.png

The thruster pack, being one of the new armor abilities in Halo 4, has recently undergone changes.

Now this armor ability may not be your favorite (I don't even know how I feel about it) but it has gone through

some development since E3.

Not much information was given out about this new ability except we knew it was supposedly replacing

evade and that it gave you a boost in the direction of your choice.

But this video shows details on the original E3 thruster pack and the updated PAX version of this new ability.

Video by:

BravoMLG

The Changes are not drastic but, in my opinion, they seem to work better in the updated version.

The one thing I don't like is going out of 1st person just to use it. Seems pointless to me, but I have yet to use it.

Nobody has really been talking about the thruster pack so let me know what you think.

<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>

Additional information by Itz Vplus2

E3 Build

Player stays in first person

Can't float with it, you drop off platforms immediately

That means you also can't use it to jump across gaps

Leaves you vulnerable to enemy attacks for a short time

6 seconds recharge time

PAX Build

Player changes into third person while using it

Time you're left vulnerable is shorter

Able to use it in mid-air to jump a bit further

Able to sway to the side slightly while using the ability

Still a 6 second recharge time

Now, as always, let's hear your opinions

Do you like the changes they made?

Do you think thruster pack is balanced or OP?

Do you think the recharge time is too slow/too fast?

~

iTz Vplus2 ~

Edited by CooliestRap
Updated and added additional information from another source.
  • Like 1

I'm actually looking forward to the thruster pack! I liked how the Spartan "glides" across the terrain, lol! Will have a better opinion about it upon release when I can actually get some playtime with it! I could see it being very useful when coming from behind a player then disengage for an assassination, lmao!

Nice find V!! :thumbsup:

I still don't really see the need for 3rd person...is it so you have a larger view of your surroundings?

Considering the entire "thrust" happens in a mere second or two, the zoom-in and zoom-out from 1st to 3rd person and back sent my head for a spin.

edit: maybe it's so you can see the cool special effect blue color burst magic thrust with your own eyes...

I still don't really see the need for 3rd person...is it so you have a larger view of your surroundings?

Considering the entire "thrust" happens in a mere second or two, the zoom-in and zoom-out from 1st to 3rd person and back sent my head for a spin.

edit: maybe it's so you can see the cool special effect blue color burst magic thrust with your own eyes...

Yep, i think it's for the same reason why assassinations are in third person - to let you see the awesome animations :D

I only ever used sprint in Reach for the ability to get in and out of battle and reach certain places faster...I will most likely add thruster pack to sprint for the same reasons. I dont know if I like the thruster pack change to 3rd person. I kinda like the first person view, but if there is no real lag/down time between thrusting and raising your gun to fire than I really wont care. It will provide a good view of my surroundings and re-positioning so like I said, if 343i makes the 3rd person work, than I am all for it.

Yep, i think it's for the same reason why assassinations are in third person - to let you see the awesome animations :D

It seems like it's too quick though. At least with an assassination, it takes like 2 or 3 seconds...and also you can rotate the camera a whole 360 to check on impending danger behind you...

I digress...I'll still end up using it more than the others.

Now it's unbalanced...

It supposed to help, but it appears to hinder you..

How does it hinder you though? If you mean because of the switch to third person, i'm sure you will only be in third person for as long as the ability has its effect and not a moment longer. If they get it right, that is. But if it's that way, then i don't see a disadvantage, because during that time you couldn't do much else anyways.

How does it hinder you though? If you mean because of the switch to third person, i'm sure you will only be in third person for as long as the ability has its effect and not a moment longer. If they get it right, that is. But if it's that way, then i don't see a disadvantage, because during that time you couldn't do much else anyways.

Its not as effective as evade, That and you move like 3 feet, that's not enough to actually dodge anything AND the blinding light is bs.