Please, fix the grenades....

popje

For the love of god, dont make grenades like halo reach. From halo 2/3 to halo reach, they made grenades do more damage and have a smaller radius, mix that with the sprint and grenades become totally random and based on luck. Dont make this mistake again... please...

The reason why im making this thread is because I just watched a halo 4 video and grenades look exactly like halo reach.

here: look at 2:02 and 2:27 (the second one is just sad, he was at like 1 feet from the explosion and barely lost 1/6 of his shield)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvtBXWlqX4&feature=g-all-lik

here a small picture I made to illustrate how grenades are made in halo 2/3 compared to halo reach. (sorry for my poor ms pain skills lol)

CL94J.png

What I meant with: i'd even increase the radius because of sprint is that with sprint, you can run much faster (and everyone will have sprint in halo 4) and you can avoid grenades much easier... thats why in halo 4, they should keep the halo 2/3 grenade and even increase the radius. In halo reach, not everyone were using sprint, so it was a matter of choice and it was cool this way (still would have kept halo 2/3 grenades) until sprint was used by 95% of the entire halo reach population, it became just so easy to avoid and so frustrating to die from a totally lucky randomly thrown grenade.

I always liked grenades in halo because they take skills to throw and it take a long time to masterize.

but since halo reach, I only use them to block someone, by throwing grenades at my feets I force him to either explode in it or leave me run away.

wich was something I used to do in halo 2/3 as well, but most of the time I was using them strategically to kill not to throw them randomly hoping I get lucky and get a kill or maybe someone run out of sprint right after I throw my grenade... or maybe turn a corner right into my random grenade.

thanks for reading and sorry for my english.

From my experience at ComicCon, the greandes were similar to Reach. However, you only get the 2 grenades you start with. Unless you have the resupply perk where you can pick up grenades from dead bodies. There are also grenade spawns on the map. But really its not like in Reach when you had seemingly unlimited access to grenades. Thus allowing for a decrease in grenade spamming and the "luck" of the grenade you mentioned above. i would not be too concerned. Also if the grenades still cause an issue once Halo 4 launches 343i can go back and fix it.

From my experience at ComicCon, the greandes were similar to Reach. However, you only get the 2 grenades you start with. Unless you have the resupply perk where you can pick up grenades from dead bodies. There are also grenade spawns on the map. But really its not like in Reach when you had seemingly unlimited access to grenades. Thus allowing for a decrease in grenade spamming and the "luck" of the grenade you mentioned above. i would not be too concerned. Also if the grenades still cause an issue once Halo 4 launches 343i can go back and fix it.

You're right, people wont be throwing them like mad now that they will be rarer. I guess ill wait and see, any other grenade trigger-happy like me prefered halo 2/3 grenades than halo reach by far ? I always liked grenades but in halo reach, I was only using them defensively instead of offensively.

They didnt seem to fly as far as in Reach..they seemd similar to the ones in Halo 3, but with the damage and radius as the ones in Reach. Not having a ton of them flying over my head by teammates was nice...I am glad unless you have resupply you can not grenade spam.

They didnt seem to fly as far as in Reach..they seemd similar to the ones in Halo 3, but with the damage and radius as the ones in Reach. Not having a ton of them flying over my head by teammates was nice...I am glad unless you have resupply you can not grenade spam.

And dont forget about the grenade indicator thing, at first I thought it was a bad thing since grenades will be even easier to avoid, but thinking again about it, ''random lucky'' grenades will be easier to avoid too. I just think that they will be used mainly defensively like halo reach instead of offensively like halo 2/3, maybe that will change, I also noticed that grenades explode faster, maybe to match the faster-paced action in halo 4 compared to other halo's. I always been a big fan of grenades and it was of the main reason I stopped playing reach, hopefully they will make them right in halo 4.

They do explode faster, but it depends on the situation. When the grenades come close to the enemy be it in the air or on the ground, they explode, instead of bouncing on the groud past them for a bit. So if the player is on the edge of a cliff or railing and you throw a grenade, the grenade may go by them but it will explode immediately behind them, instead of as in Reach when they would just fall off and explode on their way down. The grenades were truly developed to match the pace of the gameplay. I wouldnt be too worried if I were you. 343i seems to have a good grasp on things, and already appears to be listening to the fans and community. So if they need to change the grenades, they will :)

• Like 1

Calling grenades random or lucky isn't really accurate and just a way to describe the grenades. You have a 50/50 chance with every tactic you use, not just grenade use. Your illustrations on this video were not the greatest and the view of what was going on did not at all backup your claim. The two time points you quoted, you can't see exactly where the grenade nor the player was when it went it went off.

Unless you can accuratly decrypt the tag for the grenade you cannot say for sure that they tuned down the damage radius or the damage scale for it. A lot of people cried about the grenades from Reach, and for a fact, half of the claims and crying about it are false. The damage scale for the grenades was adjusted to a microscopic level in terms of numerical value, as can be seen by exploring the tags and comparing them.

As for the radius, the radius was actually increased a bit, but the damage is scaled to a much finer range. In other words, the damage received was scaled to include upward of 5 different damage ranges, making it more critical to place yourself at a perfect spot away from a nade to avoid major damage.

The range of throwing was not tweaked at all. The projectile speeds and arcs were not changed. What actually changed was the gravity and physic responses. Also remember that depending on the material response of the mesh texture, also dictates how a projectile responds to hitting the surface. based on what i have seen in all the videos, there will be no more adjustments needed to get used to the nades, than we did when transitioning from Halo 1 to Halo 2.

@Twinreaper: Ahh changing the gravity physics of the game could be what I felt when playing it. All I know is that the grenades didnt seem to go as far. Yes the grenades react differently to different material surfaces, but if a player is standing on a smooth surface, the grenades do not roll past them, as soon as they come close/or in contact with them, they explode.

as Tallgeese stated above, needing a perk to pick up grenades from the ground will limit their usage. Im sure not everyone will be using the resupply perk, so grenades wont be spammed as much and players will have to make smart decisions with them.

I also hope the grenades in halo 4 remain consistent. In halo reach, they always seem to deal random amounts of damage no matter how close you are to it. For example, a grenade will land at my feet when i have full shields, but i am instantly killed from the explosion. When i throw a grenade and it lands at the feet of an enemy player, it doesnt even take their full shields down. And vice versa.