Possible New Forge Show...?

DjPro95

I know I've spammed just about every well-known forger about this, but I still think this would be a good idea, given it's executed properly.

The show would consist of 8 forgers, forging 1 map. I KNOW THE PROBLEMS THAT COME ALONG WITH THIS, OTHER THEN THE LAG RECIEVED TRYING TO PLACE OBJECTS.

The basis of this is so that 8 forgers are collaborating one map, giving their own stylistic inflections into it. Considering that most of the good forgers now-a-days pretty much have similar ideas, this should still work out nicely. TO PREVENT CHAOS:

1. A lead forger would be chosen for a particluar episode to give the map a basis, and a solid foundation.

2. A very limited template should be made before hand.

3. A short meeting should take place before the episode to discuss the plan.

4. Forgers (if chosen outside of THFE/its collegues) should be audition through a short portfolio of maps they have built.

5. The FINAL result will be touched up by the lead forger in a private lobby.

During the video, each forger would give a two minute commentary on what they built. Then, cliche gameplay at the end.

Thanks for reading

DjPro95

Well, I don't know how well you know THFE, but notice most of the forgers who make it along side them forge similarly. Ergo, it's like having 8 of the same people. Look at the numbered section again. Imagine these 8 pop-forgers in one lobby, given their open mindensss:

Oakley Hidef

Mr Pokephile

Insamniac

Psychoduck

Xinshu

And some less known names...

Narb Guy

The Omnicron

And Im sure we could find a ton more who, because they watch the THfE , forge simarily. It could work. It could fail. You don't know till you try. I've done a 6 person collab map with a few friends and it turned out nicely.

I don't have to imagine that because I've forged with almost all of them. If you get more than two experienced forgers trying to build a map it will not work. I would like to emphasize will not work. Some of us who have almost identical forging styles have enough trouble doing the final touchups on a map together.

If we assume for a second that it wouldn't lag (which it will) and the forgers have identical styles (which they don't, I can easily tell their maps apart) and that they would not conflict (which they would) there's really no one who would want to sit in front of their computer for an hour to watch some guys built a map. If you'd like I'll invite you next time I'm forging and you can see how boring it is.

Guest Psychoduck

I'm inclined to agree with Pyro on this one. he's pretty much right about all of it, and he has forged with most of us. I wouldn't say it's impossible for three experienced forgers to all co-forge together (Shoe, Mock, and I could possibly do it), but eight is just far too many. We appreciate the suggestions, but this one just isn't going to work.

Actually, I wouldn't mind watching. I'm inclined to learn more to improve. I guess you're right. It'd be hard to collab on a map. I'd certainly like to see it done more often however. The more input into the map, in terms of gameplay, the better off you are. Though, pyro I'd still take you up on that offer. I like the educational part of THFE. It helps us all out who watch, and helps make less crappy maps.

Guest Psychoduck

Actually, I wouldn't mind watching. I'm inclined to learn more to improve. I guess you're right. It'd be hard to collab on a map. I'd certainly like to see it done more often however. The more input into the map, in terms of gameplay, the better off you are. Though, pyro I'd still take you up on that offer. I like the educational part of THFE. It helps us all out who watch, and helps make less crappy maps.

Some of us do collaborate. Able, Yardbird, Oaley, and i all collaborated a lot with Floodgate, Overgrowth, and Meteora. Oakley and i are co-forging a map which you'll see soon also. I plan to do more with "making of' and "let's forge" videos in the future, and with the release of Halo 4, so seeing some more collaboration and such is sure to happen, just not in quite the context you suggested.

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine it this way, Leonardo Da'Vinci and michaelangelo were to both collaborate on a single piece of art work, it would never work, because their styles of painting are very much different and it is certain that on most occasions they would have conflict.

Artists work alone, 95% of the top forgers here, work Alone.