Who will the character be in 2-Player Coop

Glory of a Far Dawn

As far as I know it was stated that there will not be a "separate experience" in campaign, as in, the spartan we play as is Chief, and we will not be playing as a diffeent spartan, or our spartan from War Games/Spartan Ops. 343i wants it to remain solely MC's campaign. In all of the cutscenes etc. 343i wants the player to really feel MC and by playing as a different spartan, that would negate that.

@Dinodares: Incorrect, in fact Frank O'Connor siad that the campaign experience is solely MC's. That adding the Spartan IV from War Games/Spartan Ops would take away from the MC experience in campaign. Halo 4 is MC's story, Spartan Ops is YOUR Spartan IV experience. All previous Halo games featuring MC have been MC campaign oriented. So too will Halo 4.

guys its confirmed that at the start you hop out of a lesser cryo tube as a Spartan IV that you have in multiplayer and player 1 is chief. I think this was in a halo bulletin on halo waypoint

it said the spartan in the lesser cryotube will also be john having no cannon relation

I think the 2nd player is going to be a grunt that wants to live in peace with the humans and he meets master chief. the master chief is all like "oh a grunt, I KILL HIM" but the grunts like "NOOOOOO!!!!" so then like at that same time chief is about to get killed by an elite, the grunt saves chief by killing the elite and the evolves into a spartan 4. and thats who you play as in co-op :awesome:

• Like 3

I think the 2nd player is going to be a grunt that wants to live in peace with the humans and he meets master chief. the master chief is all like "oh a grunt, I KILL HIM" but the grunts like "NOOOOOO!!!!" so then like at that same time chief is about to get killed by an elite, the grunt saves chief by killing the elite and the evolves into a spartan 4. and thats who you play as in co-op :awesome:

This idea is epic. And then all of a sudden, we find out that Master Chief has been 2 grunts stacked on top of each other all along!

Gruntception!

• Like 1