Y U NO PORT HALO3 TO PC?

SirFluffeh

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Halo 3 ( Or any recent Halo ) On PC?

• AWWWW YEEAAAH
    • no....Just no....
    • Maybe

I'd buy it...For sure...Seriously Dx. Anyone else think it should come out for PC? I mean..Why not? 4 games after Halo 3 have been released.. All on the Xbox 360( With Halo 4 being the 5th ) I Do not currently own an Xbox 360, but I love Halo... However, I will not buy a console for one game(Halo would probably be the only game I would play ) If not Halo 3 then 343 should release Halo Anniversary, seeing how popular Halo CE STILL is on Pc. I would spend my money on it. You bet I would....

Now..Like I was saying...

Y U NO PORT HALO3 TO PC? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Like 1

No, i dont like the idea for one reason........Halo is Xbox exclusive, when you think of Halo, you think of Xbox and vice versa, to put it on PC would ruin that for me. Not to mention it could actually decrease the amount of people buying the Xbox, cause i know of some people who ONLY bought the Xbox because of Halo.

PC , FPS games are waaaay over rated and IMO PC should stick to strategy and arcade games. No offence to you PC gamer's it just the controls aren't designed for fluid FPS gaming IMO

No, i dont like the idea for one reason........Halo is Xbox exclusive, when you think of Halo, you think of Xbox and vice versa, to put it on PC would ruin that for me. Not to mention it could actually decrease the amount of people buying the Xbox, cause i know of some people who ONLY bought the Xbox because of Halo.

PC , FPS games are waaaay over rated and IMO PC should stick to strategy and arcade games. No offence to you PC gamer's it just the controls aren't designed for fluid FPS gaming IMO

I Can see where you are coming from, However, your point of Halo being Xbox Exclusive is not entirely true, And I only can say that because of Halo 1 and 2 being on the PC. I agree with you when you say people buy the Xbox only because of Halo. However, Don't you think that it would kind of bring in a few more bucks for 343/Microsoft? I mean.. Why not port the game =D, Especially Halo 3, seeing as to how it is not as mainstream as Reach and Halo 4.

I would love to see a Halo 3 PC port. It would give modders a chance to fiddle with it and possibly make it even more fun than it is now.

Also, as to the points of it being an X-Box Exclusive, I don't think that is a valid point with Halo 3 anymore. Especially after Halo 4 comes out. I hate to say this, but here in another two month H3 is going to be obsolete. People don't buy X-Box 360's just to play Halo 3 anymore, and if H3 was ported to PC people wouldn't stop playing X-Box to play it on the PC either.

So the argument that it's an X-Box exclusive is moot, because it no longer sells X-Box consoles.

As for Reach and H4 being ported... Yeah that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

Halo is an Xbox exclusive.

Same with Uncharted for the PS3.

As well with the MANY PC exclusives.

Seriously?

You want to take our halo away?

Go play Halo PC And make a halo 3 looking mod.

There are plenty og Halo 3 looking mods for the pc version of halo. Think about this...How many people are going to buy an xbox and play an xbox only for halo 3 when halo 4 comes out? Halo 3 is barely an xbox exclusive anymore, seeing as to how it is not played by nearly half the people who bought it on its release day. You might pick it up and pop it in the tray every once in awhile. If Halo 3 came out for PC, you might actually see more people playing it in general because it'd be one of the hot topics among all gamers. I want it >:D

There are plenty og Halo 3 looking mods for the pc version of halo. Think about this...How many people are going to buy an xbox and play an xbox only for halo 3 when halo 4 comes out? Halo 3 is barely an xbox exclusive anymore, seeing as to how it is not played by nearly half the people who bought it on its release day. You might pick it up and pop it in the tray every once in awhile. If Halo 3 came out for PC, you might actually see more people playing it in general because it'd be one of the hot topics among all gamers. I want it >:D

Errm...

It is either played, or not played on an Xbox console, therefore, it is as much an exclusive as Uncharted is to PS3.

Errm...

It is either played, or not played on an Xbox console, therefore, it is as much an exclusive as Uncharted is to PS3.

Putting the fact that its an Xbox 360 exclusive, why would they still not release the game on pc after 5 years? Halo 1/2 were xbox exclusives and I have been playing them on my pc for the past 3-8 years....Its Halo.. I don't really care if its an exclusive or not.. I still want it ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  • Like 1

Putting the fact that its an Xbox 360 exclusive, why would they still not release the game on pc after 5 years? Halo 1/2 were xbox exclusives and I have been playing them on my pc for the past 3-8 years....Its Halo.. I don't really care if its an exclusive or not.. I still want it ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Meh..

I figured PC users had enough exclusive, but it appears that just makes them über greedy.

Oh well, it has been awhile, but since the Xbox 360 still has the multiplayer servers up, it won't be getter a PC port.

I have to agree with TD(The Director) he made a very good point, me personally I would love to see Halo go back to PC(but stay on X-Box as well) like it was gonna it would be very good to see if 343i did this but we all know Halo is a very hard thing to port since they no longer do any PC coding and would be a very long process to get a Halo game back to it's old roots.

I have to agree with TD(The Director) he made a very good point, me personally I would love to see Halo go back to PC(but stay on X-Box as well) like it was gonna it would be very good to see if 343i did this but we all know Halo is a very hard thing to port since they no longer do any PC coding and would be a very long process to get a Halo game back to it's old roots.

Yeah..If They ported A new Halo to pc I'd spend $60 or more on it..
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever played a FPS on PC? Its ten times better. Honestly the mouse and keyboard is far superior and allow for more complex games such as Arma. TF2 is better on PC, so are all the battlefield titles, Call of duty 4, Just Cause 2 (third person but whatever), Counter Strike, Borderlands, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, BlackLight, Quake, Crysis, Unreal Tournament, Battlefront 2, Republic Commando, Halo 1, Fall of Cybertron, etc....

Those were just off the top of my head. In addition PC games are generally cheaper, have more content, better graphics, larger communities, can actually run strategy games, and are more intricate then their console counterparts. AND YOU CAN PLUG IN YOUR XBOX CONTROLLER IF YOUR INCAPABLE OF USING THE MOUSE. PC GAMING IS INFINITELY BETTER. Normal console controllers are worse then mouse and keyboard in nearly every genre. The mouse is more intuitive and is a precision instrument.

I owned an Xbox 360. 3 of them. They kept breaking. RED RINGS EVERYWHERE!!! So I may be a tad biased but its only because I tried oh so dearly to keep an open mind when I started playing PC. But the overall experience is so much better. I still have a working Xbox that's being preserved specifically for when I want to play Halo. Which is whats important here. Not that you think PC gaming is inferior or I think consoles are inferior. It doesn't matter if you're red or you're blue. It only matters that we all love Halo and want to experience it in the best way possible. There's a special kind of magic that we all feel when we play Halo, whether its nostalgia, or adrenaline, or something entirely unique, we all love Halo and it would be awesome if they put it on PC so more people could experience its glory.

• 2 months later...

Yep.

• 1 month later...

I Can see where you are coming from, However, your point of Halo being Xbox Exclusive is not entirely true, And I only can say that because of Halo 1 and 2 being on the PC. I agree with you when you say people buy the Xbox only because of Halo. However, Don't you think that it would kind of bring in a few more bucks for 343/Microsoft? I mean.. Why not port the game =D, Especially Halo 3, seeing as to how it is not as mainstream as Reach and Halo 4.

Yeah remember Microsoft basically owns all pc's