Skyrim: Fort Dawnguard

Robius5991

Intro:

Hey 343industries.org community. I'm here to post a map that I made at the beginning of the summer. Being a big Skyrim fan, I got the dlc right when it came out and got myself all of the achievements. Once finished, I decided to do my best to re-create this iconic piece of Skyrim landmark. Keep in mind, while I describe the map, I will be using some Skyrim "lingo" to better explain the backstory of the map.

Gamertag: Robius5991

Map: Skyrim: Fort Dawnguard

Gametype: The Dawnguard

The map (Skryim: Fort Dawnguard):

As I mentioned above, this map IS a re-creation of the actual Fort Dawnguard from Skyrim. When you see the pictures, I hope that any Skyrim fans will be able to see how I tried to keep the fort as accurate in terms of construction to the actual fort from the game. So, to begin, I will say that for an infection map, this is a rather large one and is built with a Free-Roam Infection-Survival mode in mind. The fort itself is a huge, multi-leveled structure, but I have also permitted outdoor combat (as seen in the DLC). The fort has four different entrances (outter turret - broken wall - roof - main door) in which I did have to use some "creative licensing" to make more entrances to the fort. As the Vampires (the infected) charge the grassy plains of the Fort, they will charge into the structure, entering a circular room which connects to the multitude of hallways. The fort features two caves, three floors and a large ammount of potential hiding places. I hope the pictures will serve better than my words to explain the map!

The gametype (The Dawnguard):

Here's where the Skyrim "lingo" begins. First of all, I will explain the teams. The humans, in this scenario, are Dawnguard Soldiers (also known as Vampire Slayers), while the zombies - infected, represent the Volkihar Vampires. The gametype uses Alpha Zombies as its basis, but has a few alterations which make it more unique. The Dawnguard Soldiers are all in brown armour (like in the game) and spawn with Assault Rifles and Sprint. A mix of weapons can be picked up, including the Vampires' swords. When the final Dawnguard soldier becomes Last Man Standing, his armour turns to Gold (with the power of light) and he receives endless stamina (unlimited sprint). All the Dawnguard Soldiers spawn into three squads and should consider gathering together if they hope to survive the Vampiric Onslaught. The Vampires have four initial spawns (There are always 3 Vampires). The Alpha Zombies are in this case called Vampire Masters and have black amour, wield a sword, spawn with evade and have enhanced speed and jump height. Whenever a Dawnguard soldier is "bitten", they become a Vampiric Thrall (a minion of the vampires). The Thralls have the regualr infected colouring (as their blood has been drained), they wield a sword and have sprint. All vampires, however, share the common trait which allows them to smell the Dawnguards' blood, thus giving away their position (red arrows above all humans).

Screenshots:

Here, I will provide a large amount of screenshots with a small description for each image.

Skyrim3.jpg

This is an outside view of the massive fort.

Skyrim7.jpg

The first Dawnguard squad spawn area (Right Turret).

Skyrim1.jpg

The second Dawnguard squad spawn area (Near the entrance of the Fort).

Skyrim6.jpg

The third Dawnguard squad spawn area (The back-room of the main floor).

Skyrim2.jpg

The first Vampire spawn area (Outside the right flank of the Fort).

Skyrim4.jpg

The second Vampire spawn area (Inside the fort, on the second floor - "They dug a tunnel" creative licensing).

Skyrim12.jpg

The third Vampire spawn area (Through the mine tunnel on the main floor.)

Skyrim5.jpg

The fourth Vampire spawn on the roof.

Skyrim16.jpg

Some Dawnguard soldiers trying to hold out at the man-cannons (some more creative licensing).

Skyrim25.jpg

The Last Man Standing holds out at the front gates of the Fort.

Skyrim24.jpg

A Vampire Thrall charges the entrance of the Fort. (This shows the Vampires' ability to spot all living Dawnguard soldiers.)

Skyrim22.jpg

A Last Man Standing is chased through the circular entrance of the Fort by multiple Vampires.

Skyrim13.jpg

The Dawnguard hold out at the second floor of the circular entrance room.

Skyrim11.jpg

The Dawnguard, grouped together at the spawning point of Isran's Hammer (Gravity Hammer).

Skyrim9.jpg

Three Dawnguard soldiers holding out at the right turret. Beware, the Vampires can also attack from the roof!

Skyrim15.jpg

A few Dawnguard soldiers fend off the Vampires at the left turret.

Skyrim23.jpg

A Swordsman holds out near the Battle-Trolls' cell, on the main floor.

Skyrim20.jpg

Beware your pace in the towers, as your enemies may be lurking within!

Skyrim18.jpg

This side entrance, at the far right of the fort, represents a tunnel dug into one of the caves that surround the fort. (Creative Licensing)

Skyrim21.jpg

The cave leads to a small hole in the ceiling of the mine room.

I know that I've put a lot of pictures in this post, but I think that to really appreciate its size, I needed to show all these screenshots. The thing I love the most about the gameplay is that it forces players to work together. If the Dawnguard want to survive, they must build squads and defend themselves from all directions. As for the Vampires, if the Dawnguard manage to hold a position, it is up to the Vampire Masters (with evade) to cause chaos by quickly breaking the position, then the Thralls must charge in to clear up the rest of the humans. This is currently my most popular (and one of my proudest) maps. The testing for it went great and we all really enoyed ourselves.

Weapons List:

Sniper Rifle: 1

Shotgun: 2

Gravity Hammer: 1

Grenade Launcher: 1

Magnum: 3

Assault Rifle: 3

Conclusion:

Well, I'm pretty sure that this is all I have to say about the map. I hope the community likes my first infection map!

post-30271-0-36672900-1347816531_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had a little forge-around on the map and gathered some of my thoughts on the map. Here we go:

• Visually, the map was lacking. Now even though your newness to forge (or ForgeHub at least) excuses you slightly, I feel that your piece choice and placement in many areas felt forced and quite sloppy. When the forging is generally this sloppy, it reflects you as a forger in a bad light, so I would suggest for next time that you try and make the map as clean and neat as possible.

When you remake something, or are inspired by something, it is always good to try and pull a few things from your inspiration but to try and create something personal and unique. I think a lot of that lead to the sort of forced pieces, because you tried to stay close to the original.

• 3 weeks later...

Another awesome map and you put a lot of effort in this topic I like it :)

Thanks dude, I really like that you enjoyed another one of my maps. Also, thank you for the comment about my topic posts, I always try to fill in the other forum users with all the background information I can about my maps. :)

Like I said before this one looks absolutely amazing and I'm sure it plays well too. I will be giving this a download in the near future. :thumbsup:

Cool CooliestRap... lol.. anyways, please give me your feedback on it following your testing. I hope you like it!

• 3 months later...