Halo 2 Anniversary: What Definately Needs.

Darkrain491

Ok. Seeing as a Halo 2 Anniversary is pretty much confirmed, I'm starting the request forum early on so they have time to listen. I think the biggest request on the wishlist (apart from the campaign revamp being truely epic) is the return of a classic matchmaking all maps included, not that terrible Halo Reach wannabe version. If they truely want secure themselves as the heroes of Halo's future, this is the main part. just look at the community and you will know why. The feedback of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. We wanted the real classic multiplayer but time was against them. And the bigger, more obvious 'hint'. The Halo 2 matchmaking server shutdown protest. Also I think that even with the new medals, they should still only use original ones. And give it the proper Halo 3 ranking system were skill WAS shown by your rank, usually. So any replies to this will much apprieciated and pondered. I am excited to see your opinons, wether you agree or don't.

What's your reasoning behind this?

You must be one of those people who jumped on halo at around reach or 3 and never actually played the amazing multiplatyer of 2.

While i am an orginal Halo fan, i dont like this statement. Just because someone enter's a series late, it doesn't make then less of a fan

A remake of Halo 2 would be a bad idea imo...

Sure the campaign would be fun to play with revamped graphics, but the multiplayer wouldn't be the same no matter how hard they tried...

And, if they mess up something with the multiplayer all they're gonna get is complaints, so Halo 2 anniversary would be a bad idea...

Besides.. Halo CE Anniversary was done to celebrate 10 years of Halo... Not just to remake it...

Sure the campaign would be fun to play with revamped graphics, but the multiplayer wouldn't be the same no matter how hard they tried...

And, if they mess up something with the multiplayer all they're gonna get is complaints, so Halo 2 anniversary would be a bad idea...

Besides.. Halo CE Anniversary was done to celebrate 10 years of Halo... Not just to remake it...

understood but they already underway. but all they should do with the multiplayer (should one be included) is simly revamp the graphics. they should even leave in all the funny bugs like the 'sword rocket lunge'. they would make halo 2 Anniv. as 'Launch game' for the 720, so that its multiplayer doest conflict to badly with halo 4's. furthermore if they were to make a halo 2 anniv. then they would be would be putting so much effort in to much loved game that created home consle mutliplayer, much as doom created 1st person shooters. it would be a celebration of halo 2 gaming changing phenomenon. when this game is realesed it will be released with the 720s graphics, making it a staple in gaming, a true tresure. A return to the old multiplayer will please many fans and bring back many who left the series after reach.

what really needs asking is, what would you want them not to change, as in bugs. the only one that really needs chaging is that one when images stay on screen as a transucent overlap. annoying

If they really are bringing back Halo 2, and if they made the multiplayer like it was, I would never play the multiplayer if they didn't fix the bugs.. To me, any bugs are bad things... A REMAKE of a game with bugs that the first one had is not one I'd buy... Even if it is Halo..

If they really are bringing back Halo 2, and if they made the multiplayer like it was, I would never play the multiplayer if they didn't fix the bugs.. To me, any bugs are bad things... A REMAKE of a game with bugs that the first one had is not one I'd buy... Even if it is Halo..

I completely disagree! The bugs in halo 2 were so much fun and I am sure most people would love to relive the glitches again. I hope they bring back the multiplayer and all the maps, especially Lockout.

• Like 2

Agreed, bugs were fun to play with. But i they have already said Halo 2 Anniversary is in its very early stages

I don't remember ever hearing them say that Halo 2 Anniversary is in its earlier stages. I don't think I've heard them say at all that Halo 2 Anniversary is now in the works. If you could point me to an article saying this, I'd be glad to read it.

Personally I don't care one way or the other with a remake of Halo 2. It's my least favourite in the series, and while I had fun with it, there were far to many problems for me to love it like a lot of others do. All of the bugs, glitches, and map exploits that some people love, I just don't. Those things bring the game down for me and are one of the reasons why it's my least favourite in the series. If they do eventually make one I might check it out, if they don't then I don't care.

• Like 2

I don't remember ever hearing them say that Halo 2 Anniversary is in its earlier stages. I don't think I've heard them say at all that Halo 2 Anniversary is now in the works. If you could point me to an article saying this, I'd be glad to read it.

Personally I don't care one way or the other with a remake of Halo 2. It's my least favourite in the series, and while I had fun with it, there were far to many problems for me to love it like a lot of others do. All of the bugs, glitches, and map exploits that some people love, I just don't. Those things bring the game down for me and are one of the reasons why it's my least favourite in the series. If they do eventually make one I might check it out, if they don't then I don't care.

Well, except for button glitches and superbounces, all the other Halo's had problems and glitches. Halo had every bit as many glitches as H2 as far as CMP is concerned. After a while the superbounces were policed well so that was not a major problem after a few months...it was a good way to get rid of cheaters because you could film it and they would be banned pronto. There's glitches and cheaters in all the Halo's.

Halo 2, in my opinion, is the best Halo game thus far. It set the bar for online gaming. If Halo 2 were to come back, 343i should find a way to take the old XBL servers and turn em back on specifically for Halo 2. I don't want to see a remake, Halo 2 was perfect. Why mess with that?

• Like 1

This

This

Lol, let's pass up 10's of millions of dollars because there might be complaints. Not giving us H2 back has and will continue to draw a lot of complaints and the only way to stop that is to give us the damned game back on Live, where it belongs. I'd say a bad idea is to pass up the gold mine in H2 marketing based on possible complaints.

If MS does it right, there will be nothing to complain about. Give us H2 MP as it was, no jetpacks or any of that crap...we just want H2 back.

CEA was created to make money and the 10 year celebration was just a marketing tool to make that money. It was not a gift, it sold for $40, the going market price. IMO they will make an H2A eventually and it will also be done for profit, it's always about the money, only kids think otherwise.

Lol, let's pass up 10's of millions of dollars because there might be complaints. Not giving us H2 back has and will continue to draw a lot of complaints and the only way to stop that is to give us the damned game back on Live, where it belongs. I'd say a bad idea is to pass up the gold mine in H2 marketing based on possible complaints.

If MS does it right, there will be nothing to complain about. Give us H2 MP as it was, no jetpacks or any of that crap...we just want H2 back.

CEA was created to make money and the 10 year celebration was just a marketing tool to make that money. It was not a gift, it sold for $40, the going market price. IMO they will make an H2A eventually and it will also be done for profit, it's always about the money, only kids think otherwise.

Not the point. My point was not the reason they realesed, it was what they should do with it, such as include the original multiplayer for online MM to please fans that are dissapointed in the AA system, not those crappy reach style substitutes.

Not the point. My point was not the reason they realesed, it was what they should do with it, such as include the original multiplayer for online MM to please fans that are dissapointed in the AA system, not those crappy reach style substitutes.

I was responding to other quotes...tell them what your point was.

Here was my relevant point in my quote...Give us H2 MP as it was, no jetpacks or any of that crap...we just want H2 back.

Go correct someone else.