Armor Abilitys. Like them? Hate them? LETS FIND OUT!

Dominator

I find AAs to bring more strategy to the field. Not everything is solved with just your guns. What if you were stuck by a grunt? What if you wanted a better vantage point when sniping? Besides, I think that it's already confirmed that AAs are going to be in this title.

actualy no its not. frank O'conner made a statment saying he hates armor lock and agree with the comunity on AA's. so dont be looking forward to it. as for strategic, try noobish. your useing the wrong word think power ups mate unless you want CoD to always beat us in players online, then A's need to GTFO

every armor ability has its good side and bad side, but they all make the game more flexible and diverse, something that fits halo in a good and natural way. If you don't like playing with armor abilities than all you have to do is play on classic slayer or play custom games, fortunately bungie created different game modes where you can only use specific armor abilities for different types of game modes, if you get frustrated with any of these it just means you suck and aren't good enough to overcome it's challenges, Armor abilities for the win! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

actualy no its not. frank O'conner made a statment saying he hates armor lock and agree with the comunity on AA's. so dont be looking forward to it. as for strategic, try noobish. your useing the wrong word think power ups mate unless you want CoD to always beat us in players online, then A's need to GTFO

Ok, since apparently from what you're saying, AAs are non-existent in this title. So tell me: What was propelling the MC through space in that E3 trailer? Or was that my imagination?

Ok, since apparently from what you're saying, AAs are non-existent in this title. So tell me: What was propelling the MC through space in that E3 trailer? Or was that my imagination?

Have you been paying any attention to the MILLIONS of people trying to tell foolish people like YOU that it was a THRUSTER PACK NOT A JET PACK. god damn some people dont know halo at ALL. YOU ALWAYS had them dumb ass. look back at H3 and H2, you see those two rectangles on the back of each shoulder? THATS THE T-PACK. jesus im sick of hearing what you just wrote

Have you been paying any attention to the MILLIONS of people trying to tell foolish people like YOU that it was a THRUSTER PACK NOT A JET PACK. god damn some people dont know halo at ALL. YOU ALWAYS had them dumb ass. look back at H3 and H2, you see those two rectangles on the back of each shoulder? THATS THE T-PACK. jesus im sick of hearing what you just wrote

Ok, so it's a thuster pack (AKA a jet-pack). That just brings up the question: Why was flying not available at the time? Chief, in all the games, has used vehicles and grav-lifts and teleporters to get to high places. Seems like if Bungie wanted it apparent that he had a "thruster pack", people would've been flying way before H4.

I know a lot of people hate AA's but i like them. NOT all but SOME. AL needs to go but abilities like active camo, sprint, evade, and jetpack can stay. Unlike Reach, where you choose the ability during a loadout these abilities should come with your spartans armor. What i mean by that is that it could be an armor effect that is customizable. That way if the credit system comes back then you the player would first have to buy the effect and then be stuck with that one effect until you change it for the next game. Ex: Buying an active camo ability would give you the use of the ability in battle but would still be on a timer until the energy is gone. To change to, say the jetpack ability you would have to wait for that match of Multiplayer to end and then you can go into your armor list and change the effect.

Armor lock has been fixed for the title update in Halo Reach =D!! Here's the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDTkHzA4rDE&feature=channel_video_title

Well it has been fixed enough to where they aren't invincible but... they can still probably pull the bull crap where it drains your shields after you punch them but who knows maybe they fixed that too

• 1 month later...

i hate them, its one of the main reasons i hate reach, not only does the AI in the campaign get multiple ablities, the ping issues with armor lock and you hitting them are always off! and i think it made the game childish too! now assassinations are amazing! haha i was so excited when i heard they were adding them! and another thing i hate is the expanding ridicule! lets just say reach is my number one hated game, and i wasted so much precious time preordering and wasted 60 dollars! i'd pay 15 bucks at the most for the game haha, geez i needed to let that out! sorry it was on your post xP

I like armor abilities, but I only like them when they aren't overused. I like it when I can sprint up to a guy when isn't paying attention to his motion tracker and assassinating him. I like evading out of a wraiths mortar blast zone, I like to use armor lock ONLY to deflect a noob tubers rocket back at his face. The only ones I don't like are active camo, and jetpack. The reasons are that I like to be able to use active camo and sneak behind someone and kill him, but now we all know where that person is by the motion tracker. if its coated in moving red dots, we know the guy is somewhere in the middle of it all. The new TU makes it so camo is more effective while moving, a little bit better camo. But I still dont like how they added radar jammer. With Jetpack, sure its a cool idea. But it gets used in stupid environments like Reflection, and it just seems a waste. If they made it seen less in playlists with small maps, then maybe. But its still useless to me. The other armor ability I use sometimes and the reason its only sometimes is cause, like I said, I only use it to deflect rockets, is armor lock. Its a ***** ability that noobs and dumbass's use to piss people off. I only use it when the rockets, grenades and explosives are getting to be a bit much. Other times I only use sprint, or in invasion I use evade as an elite. Nuff said

well to be honest i quit halo because of the AA's they are the worst thing that happened to halo I mean AA's are for CoD not halo. Halo is meant to be a game where everyone is on fair playing grounds you don't jetpack, sprint, armor lock, or any of that bs to survive. You either nade and headshot or pull off some kickass 4 shot or their ass is yours. I absolutely loved that about halo. No AA's and the numbered ranking system back and halo 4 will knock all other fps's out of the park. And it will be something i will be playing forever I loved playing on my 50's in slayer and double's. Those were the days. You had to have so much skill to keep your rank I loved it. I guess what I am trying to say is I want halo 3 matchmaking with better graphics xD. (die hard halo 2 and 3 fan forever for life baby) C:!

well to be honest i quit halo because of the AA's they are the worst thing that happened to halo I mean AA's are for CoD not halo. Halo is meant to be a game where everyone is on fair playing grounds you don't jetpack, sprint, armor lock, or any of that bs to survive. You either nade and headshot or pull off some kickass 4 shot or their ass is yours. I absolutely loved that about halo. No AA's and the numbered ranking system back and halo 4 will knock all other fps's out of the park. And it will be something i will be playing forever I loved playing on my 50's in slayer and double's. Those were the days. You had to have so much skill to keep your rank I loved it. I guess what I am trying to say is I want halo 3 matchmaking with better graphics xD. (die hard halo 2 and 3 fan forever for life baby) C:!

I don't agree with that, to move on and become more popular is to innovate. AA's weren't a bad IDEA, but the way they did some of it was stupid. It was their first shot at it, not they got 3 more games to make it better. I for one think sprint should be a permanent method of movement. Its just better that way, I dont like walking when there is no reason why I can't sprint

I don't agree with that, to move on and become more popular is to innovate. AA's weren't a bad IDEA, but the way they did some of it was stupid. It was their first shot at it, not they got 3 more games to make it better. I for one think sprint should be a permanent method of movement. Its just better that way, I dont like walking when there is no reason why I can't sprint

Sprint is stupid and it will never work in a halo game. The first 3 were amazing without sprint. why does the 4th need it? Halo does not need to be more popular either. The true MP fans know what a halo MP should be and reach blew. Just start again from halo 3 and work on equipment or something else. If aa's are in halo 4 i will not buy it. I sold reach about 2 months after i bought it because after playing halo 2 and halo 3 online for a sickening amount of time, i knew it was trash.

Sprint is stupid and it will never work in a halo game. The first 3 were amazing without sprint. why does the 4th need it? Halo does not need to be more popular either. The true MP fans know what a halo MP should be and reach blew. Just start again from halo 3 and work on equipment or something else. If aa's are in halo 4 i will not buy it. I sold reach about 2 months after i bought it because after playing halo 2 and halo 3 online for a sickening amount of time, i knew it was trash.

Equipment were pretty bad too though.

our fanbase(the real one not the kids) have always wanted inovation in our game and bungie could not think of anthing so they went with somthing new and original(AA'S).

Speak for yourself, OP. Chang is only needed if it brings about something good. Needless change just for the sake of 'innovating' is stupid.

Anyway, all AAs can burn in hell. Even sprint and evade. Give me one pro for either of them to be in Halo 4. There isn't one, and if there was I would be able to counter with 5 cons.

depends on map and gametype but mostly NO!!

they should be in campaign and firefight but not multiplayer !!!!!!!!!!

CAMPAIGN/FIREFIGHT | MULTIPLAYER

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

armor lock: BAD | BAD

active camo: alright but kind of stupid, better to place camo powerups

jetpack: Good! | Bad

hologram: Goodish | Bad and pointless, no ones that stupid these days

sprint: Good | Should be fixed, NO LOADOUTS!!

evade: Good | has its floors, should only be in objectives, and taken out of infection

dropshield: pointless | pointless

MULTI:

-armor lock is terrible, it slows down the game down and makes many 1 V 1's it unfair, if they have it, there should BE NO EMP BLAST and the person using armor lock should have to walk out THE SAME DIRECTION THEY CAME IN, the more damage received should weaken the armor lock, all in all, it should be gone

-hologram is stupid, it works well against the AI in campaign, but in multi every one knows what a hologram is now days

-jet back is lame, sure its good to get places but it just dosent work with the mechanics of halo, multilayer any way

-evade is so so, works well at times, its hard to control and dosent last long, can be annoying

-sprint is a tricky one, its helpful at times, but i think it should be that when you start shooting/ get shot once+ it should disappear temporarily, so that people cant run away from fights.

-camo is honestly the dumbest thing it reach, 1. the radar confusion thing is random and dosent work well, 2. if its camo, then its camo?, not camo and then its shoot or move normally then camo stops! make it a powerup!!

-i think dropshields are out of reach multi player for good now, YESS!!, the reach DS dont do the epic H3 bubble shield justice!!

!!!!!! i think they should go back to equipment, with sprint a fixed ability !!!!!

loadouts are another thing aswell, TAKE LOADOUTS OFF!!! loadouts work well in firefight and firefight only!!

THERE YOU GO LOTS OF EFFORT MADE ^^ 343 better read this :)

Are you kidding? With Reach's broken Infection, Evade is great to have when you're a zombie.

But all others is stupid.

Sprint is stupid. It allows kids to not even play Snipers. All they do in a Snipers game is run and try to get assassinations. I play Snipers to SNIPE, not to run around like some *******.

^^

Are you kidding? With Reach's broken Infection, Evade is great to have when you're a zombie.

But all others is stupid.

Sprint is stupid. It allows kids to not even play Snipers. All they do in a Snipers game is run and try to get assassinations. I play Snipers to SNIPE, not to run around like some *******.

yeah its good if your a zombie but annoying as **** if your not

Wait, what? I don't spawn kill. I still hate AL. I don't care about jetpack though. It's not much of an advantage. People who love Armor Lock are just happy they don't get whooped like they used to in Halo 3. Now they can run or use that horrible ability. Even Frank O'Connor doesn't like it.

I might be okay with your killstreak idea. As long as there is no recharge. But then again, that would be one step closer to becoming a CoD clone.

I disagree with Sprint being a stupid Idea. I mean come on people. If you had enhanced strength and were a badass, would you really only WALK everywhere? I mean seriously I remember playing Halo 3 where I could have easily gotten out of a wraith mortar if only I had sprint. I like the SPRINT idea, I just want it integrated into the controls, so if you dont want to use it then you dont have to, but it's there for if you do, also gives the option of using something else instead. I dunno, but in response to a comment made earlier. A TRUE Halo fan wants Halo to be the best and be the most awesome experience ever. The people who think Halo should stay the way it was or never achieve further development are people who don't understand the concept of innovation in the eyes of a true gamer. It takes a true fan to look at a great game, break it down, then make it better, a true gamer plays all the halo games and still enjoys them. Yes even Halo Wars or ODST. Sure Bungie made mistakes, but that's what happens when you go up against something awesome you made, and try to change it. Eventually a great game with be made, I'm hoping 343 makes the next trilogy the best Halo experience ever.

• Like 1

I say take out armor lock, jetpack, camo, but not hologram, sprint, evade, the reason why not for hologram so u could trick people but it's not fun when it's you, for sprint and evade it's a way to move faster .............they should make new ones,heres one thought they should make an armor ability thats make u wake on metal walls so we could do death from above.