Who else think 343 botched the armor in halo4? and would you perfer a red energy sword as an unlocable or code or dual wield energy swords, OR BOTH?

lArbiter926

343 is a good comapany and im happy there making halo4, but the elites and master chief armor is messed up a little, so as the grunts, how will the wikis be affected, who else think the same, and another question, red energy sword or dual weild energy swords, i hope the other 343's consider this based of your answers. And actually make it a real thing.

• Like 1

343 is a good comapany and im happy there making halo4, but the elites and master chief armor is messed up a little, so as the grunts, how will the wikis be affected, who else think the same, and another question, red energy sword or dual weild energy swords, i hope the other 343's consider this based of your answers. And actually make it a real thing.

Honestly, it's not a huge deal to me. This is officially 343i's first Halo game, so SOME screw-ups are expected lol I'm just glad it's in the cosmetics rather than the gameplay.

So far the armors i've seen have been EPIC. I love them.

And red energy sword.. No, because blue just fits the theme and the name better. When i think energy, i think electricity. When i think electricity, i think lightning. And when i think lightning, i certainly don't think of the color red.

And everyone knows that dual wielding is out of the game.

The armor changes fit the Spartan and ties into the mythos of the Spartans well. maybe you have not read the books, but Spartans have their armor upgraded via Nano's when in cryogenic stasis. Chief's armor upgrade and repair was nessessary and fit the timeframe perfectly. We already know that ONI knew where Chief was via Cortana's becon, so it is likely that his suit recieved a signal with the upgrade commands for the nanites to execute.

The main reason we see a huge difference in appearance of the Covie is because this particular branch of COvenant we run into, was a deep space, and very older branch, that does not know about the events of what happened on Reach and Halo 1-3. This old faction still thinks and uses the same armor configuration and mindset that the pre-Reach covie had.

But as the Director said, the only thing that worries me as well and isn't really a big deal, is the slight cosmetic changes. Personally I like to see my enemies look different in every title. It makes them feel fresh and new, compared to old and stale.

• Like 2

At first, looking at the profile picture, i thought he was the BOT. lol.

The only armor set i dislike is the Zealot. It looks like a Spec-Ops from Reach, plus it's red. Since Halo 1, Zealots wore golden armor. They were cool, tactical.

But hey, if this is another "Section" of the Covies, who cares? :D

At first, looking at the profile picture, i thought he was the BOT. lol.

The only armor set i dislike is the Zealot. It looks like a Spec-Ops from Reach, plus it's red. Since Halo 1, Zealots wore golden armor. They were cool, tactical.

But hey, if this is another "Section" of the Covies, who cares? :D

Maybe maroon zealot armor has always been used by the Storm group. So whenever we saw a Zealot in Reach, they would have been part of the Storm group.

Reach takes place before CE so maybe in the time CE started and reach ended, the covenant changed the zealots armour colour, but the storm wasn't within range of the transmission and didnt recieve the order and stayed the maroon colour.

How do ya like that for a theory?

Maybe maroon zealot armor has always been used by the Storm group. So whenever we saw a Zealot in Reach, they would have been part of the Storm group.

Mh. This would suggest that the Storm faction was a section of the Particular Justice fleet. It might be.

Reach takes place before CE so maybe in the time CE started and reach ended, the covenant changed the zealots armour colour, but the storm wasn't within range of the transmission and didnt recieve the order and stayed the maroon colour.

It's valid, but there is no apparent reason to change color at an armor. I mean, the "storm" faction is ok, new armor new color. The problem is with the Reach armor. But whatever, i'm fine with that.

It's valid, but there is no apparent reason to change color at an armor. I mean, the "storm" faction is ok, new armor new color. The problem is with the Reach armor. But whatever, i'm fine with that.

Things like this is why I treat Reach as a stand-alone game rather than an integral part of the canon :3 lol

i heavily reject your thesis (apart from chiefs armour change i mean wtf?) the game is set several years after halo 3 therfore the tech will have changed, new weapons and armour issued. so in essence 343 have actually made a more reallisic setting i that way. it is to show you the amount of time has passed. my main wonder is if the arbeiter will return in halo 5 or 6 as they have confimed he will not be in halo 4.

Things like this is why I treat Reach as a stand-alone game rather than an integral part of the canon :3 lol

You're not the only one ;)

i heavily reject your thesis (apart from chiefs armour change i mean wtf?) the game is set several years after halo 3 therfore the tech will have changed, new weapons and armour issued. so in essence 343 have actually made a more reallisic setting i that way. it is to show you the amount of time has passed. my main wonder is if the arbeiter will return in halo 5 or 6 as they have confimed he will not be in halo 4.

What thesis? Anyway, the Chief's armor is made of nanobots, so it's logical to make it change/upgrade, which is a good thing that 343i made.

Well Halo CE happens like a few hours after Reach.

Most of the new armor looks stupid in my opinion, I actually prefer the default armor or the Recruit armor. Both looks the most like the type of armor a Spartan would potentially wear. The most stupid in my opinion is the Fotus armor, it looks like it has a male body part stiking out of its heard...so lame.

• Like 2

Most of the new armor looks stupid in my opinion, I actually prefer the default armor or the Recruit armor. Both looks the most like the type of armor a Spartan would potentially wear. The most stupid in my opinion is the Fotus armor, it looks like it has a male body part stiking out of its heard...so lame.

I agree completely. The default armor actually looks like it could use be an improvement of the mjolnir system.

Where the others just look like more angles and bumps will make it look cooler.