SMITEM1

I've been a Halo fan ever since it came out, it's probably one of the most compelling and amazing stories if you really get into it. Halo 1 (or Anniversary) was an interesting story, Halo 2 was the best story of them all, Halo 3 was great, ODST was just based on the events of 3, and Reach wasn't that good. However the art concept of Reach was amazing and online game play, but the campaign was like any other shooter game... random missions and isn't very deep or compelling. Halo Wars was interesting and did grasp the meaning of Halo in a sense, while Reach didn't.

Halo 4 is going to be similar to Reach, and it's not looking very good in certain spots (however game play looks amazing and the art and the graphics are phenomenal). Now many people are like, "Well it's a new story!" and the ORIGINAL fans are not happy about it though. If you actually play the whole series and study it, you won't want it to change. There's still many unanswered questions.

Bungie had an idea for the story from beginning to end, then Bungie separated from Microsoft and 343 Industries took over Halo, and now the story is altered in a few major areas. A minor issue that I've heard A LOT of complaints about is how terrible the new armor looks (I can actually agree on this...). Come on 343, why did you make it look like some crazy 1970's version of Halo? That's a disappointment. However, there are parts I am excited about! Like how Cortana is now diminishing and going crazy, what's going to happen? That's something I'm eager to know!

One big thing a lot of people are asking about in Halo 4: "What about the Elites?" That's a huge question for this. Is 343 being arrogant and too afraid to follow the series and decide to alter the story more to make Elites enemies again? Or is there something more deep? That's a question to be answered. People loved Elites when they separated from the Covenant in Halo 2. In Halo 3, you could actually customize your Elite in key areas and play as it on ALL game modes (except campaign of course unless you do multiplayer). Then Reach comes along, you can hardly play as an Elite on hardly any game modes, plus you couldn't customize it, only with full body armor. This made a lot of people disappointed. That was Bungies fault though. Now in 4 you cannot play as Elites at all, but now a lot people don't care because they're now used to it. I really don't mind but I really wish we could have more options.

My main concern is the campaign, is it the beginning of the end for Halo? Will Halo turn into a basic, pointless shooter game? Or will it keep going and people will still love it? I'm leaving that for you to decide!

****UPDATE: Thanks for all of the replies, I'm now pretty hyped up over Halo 4, I read Halo: Glasslands, and Halo: The Thursday War. It's starting to make sense. Thanks again for the replies and have an Awesome Day! :awesome:****

***UPDATE 2: I've played the game and it was amazing, thanks for the replies, have an Awesome Day! :awesome: ***

• Like 2

first to say 343 is not a random team that took over after Bungie most of the employees in 343 is from bungie that wanted to continue the halo story

and you mention how awful the armour looks i think all helmets and armour only is a third of what to expect and so far i do enjoy all of the armors, i think there will be a bunch you and other will like

and your concern about the campaign i dont really agree with you there but both you and i have to wait and se and probably play it before any of the halo players can decide anything (to not miss anything)

• Like 1

I too have been a Halo fan since the beginning. The first Halo game that I played was Halo: Combat Evolved for the original Xbox and to this day it is still my favourite. I enjoyed Halo: Reach. From the campaign to the multiplayer, I have had a lot of fun with the game and what it offers. That being said I do feel it had a lot more potential that it really didn't get to live up to. Please do not try to speak for the entire "original" fans, because you most certainly don't speak for me.

In my opinion Halo 2 and Halo 3 had the worst campaigns of all Halo titles. Halo 2's explained far too much, removing much of the mystery that the first game had. Halo 3 had hardly any story at all, but that's understandable in a way since it's the final game in the first trilogy. Even then it could have been made far more epic than it was. My main problem with the campaigns of Halo 2, 3, and even Halo: Reach to an extent is that they made the series into a Hollywood action movie type of game. No longer do you have these large, mysterious environments with all sorts of unknown technology.

In Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Wars, and Halo 3: ODST, much of the sci-fi element that was removed from other games was restored (pretty well I might add). I just hope that Halo 4 continues this, rather than continue the action movie vibe of Halo's 2 and 3.

Bungie didn't wish to continue working under Microsoft's rule, they wanted to become an independant studio again. Now you may be saying "Well then why did they go to Activision?" Maybe they wanted to partner up with them for a bit, who knows? However any IPs that they create will still be their own, where as Microsoft bought the Halo IP around the time before Halo: Combat Evolved was originally released.

I don't know about the complaints, but I personally love how the new armour is designed. Sure there are a few sets that don't look as great as I was hoping, but the majority are very nice. What I like most is that every piece of armour has a science fiction style to it. It isn't all gritty like the armour in Halo: Reach (though I did like plenty of Reach's armour). Nor is the art style dark and gritty like Halo: Reach. To me the entire look of Halo 4 so far is very sci-fi, more so than even past entries in the series.

Arrogant and afraid? Certainly not. There is now fiction wrapped around the multiplayer (now known as War Games). You are a Spartan IV training aboard the UNSC Infinity in different combat simulations. These are (to my knowledge) meant to keep you battle hardened and ready for combat should the need arise. In Halo: Reach they actually had differences between Spartans and Elites. Elites regenerated health (eliminating the need for health packs), had faster charging shields, and were just generally tougher. It would be a terrible idea to allow players to use whichever they wanted in any game mode. The balance that Halo: Reach has would be ruined.

I for one am not honestly that bothered by Elites not being playable in Halo 4. I can understand why those who loved to would be upset, but since I always played as a Spartan it doesn't phase me at all.

What about Halo 4's campaign so far looks like a typical, bare bones FPS campaign? We have seen very little on the game's campaign mode, and already you are trying to imply it's possibly going to be like every other FPS campaign?

• Like 6

first to say 343 is not a random team that took over after Bungie most of the employees in 343 is from bungie that wanted to continue the halo story

and you mention how awful the armour looks i think all helmets and armour only is a third of what to expect and so far i do enjoy all of the armors, i think there will be a bunch you and other will like

and your concern about the campaign i dont really agree with you there but both you and i have to wait and se and probably play it before any of the halo players can decide anything (to not miss anything)

about 4 or 5 people of the 343i staff are ex bungie
  • Like 2

OP, if your that concerned about halo 4, why don't you just buy Black Ops 2? Cause that definitely isn't a basic stupid shooter game, right?You have to realize, in today's world where FPS's are so generic, Halo is the one shining light of hope for the industry where a great story can be put together with great gameplay. And the canonical reason for elites ring enemies again is perfectly reasonable. They're part of a group of species of the covenant who broke off for the covenant after the war because they still believed in the great journey. They used to be covenant, but now they're part if the storm faction. And I might get alot of flak for this, but I love all f the armors in Halo 4, it's set in the future,p so it should like it's set in the future, right? We haven't seen enough of campaign to judge all of it, but what we've seen is phenomenal, and it won't be like reach. It'll be like Halo CE if anything. And it will lay like Halo 3 and 2 not reach. Sim a original Halo fan myself, and I am absolutely sure I'll love Halo 4

no. more than half of the staff are ex bungie. the rest are all halo fans and sci/fi graphics artists (aka bionicle and metroid prime)

i dont really care much about how many of them are ex-bungie workers. They are doing a good job so far and i am pleased with their work

• Like 1

I too have been a Halo fan since the beginning. The first Halo game that I played was Halo: Combat Evolved for the original Xbox and to this day it is still my favourite. I enjoyed Halo: Reach. From the campaign to the multiplayer, I have had a lot of fun with the game and what it offers. That being said I do feel it had a lot more potential that it really didn't get to live up to. Please do not try to speak for the entire "original" fans, because you most certainly don't speak for me.

In my opinion Halo 2 and Halo 3 had the worst campaigns of all Halo titles. Halo 2's explained far too much, removing much of the mystery that the first game had. Halo 3 had hardly any story at all, but that's understandable in a way since it's the final game in the first trilogy. Even then it could have been made far more epic than it was. My main problem with the campaigns of Halo 2, 3, and even Halo: Reach to an extent is that they made the series into a Hollywood action movie type of game. No longer do you have these large, mysterious environments with all sorts of unknown technology.

In Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Wars, and Halo 3: ODST, much of the sci-fi element that was removed from other games was restored (pretty well I might add). I just hope that Halo 4 continues this, rather than continue the action movie vibe of Halo's 2 and 3.

Bungie didn't wish to continue working under Microsoft's rule, they wanted to become an independant studio again. Now you may be saying "Well then why did they go to Activision?" Maybe they wanted to partner up with them for a bit, who knows? However any IPs that they create will still be their own, where as Microsoft bought the Halo IP around the time before Halo: Combat Evolved was originally released.

I don't know about the complaints, but I personally love how the new armour is designed. Sure there are a few sets that don't look as great as I was hoping, but the majority are very nice. What I like most is that every piece of armour has a science fiction style to it. It isn't all gritty like the armour in Halo: Reach (though I did like plenty of Reach's armour). Nor is the art style dark and gritty like Halo: Reach. To me the entire look of Halo 4 so far is very sci-fi, more so than even past entries in the series.

Arrogant and afraid? Certainly not. There is now fiction wrapped around the multiplayer (now known as War Games). You are a Spartan IV training aboard the UNSC Infinity in different combat simulations. These are (to my knowledge) meant to keep you battle hardened and ready for combat should the need arise. In Halo: Reach they actually had differences between Spartans and Elites. Elites regenerated health (eliminating the need for health packs), had faster charging shields, and were just generally tougher. It would be a terrible idea to allow players to use whichever they wanted in any game mode. The balance that Halo: Reach has would be ruined.

I for one am not honestly that bothered by Elites not being playable in Halo 4. I can understand why those who loved to would be upset, but since I always played as a Spartan it doesn't phase me at all.

What about Halo 4's campaign so far looks like a typical, bare bones FPS campaign? We have seen very little on the game's campaign mode, and already you are trying to imply it's possibly going to be like every other FPS campaign?

I do understand a lot of your points in here, thanks for clearing this up a bit... By what I mean by how it looks typical is that Halo Reach was basically made that way and I've heard many times that their making the gameplay much like Reach... That was a bother to me and I guessed I jumped the gun assuming *My bad* Thanks for the reply :)

Halo 4 is more similar to Halo 3 then any other Halo just so you know.

I think it will be increasingly better and even bring the series back to life for its Campaign and MP.

So dont fret, all will be fine :D

I hope so :) Nice pic btw :awesome:
  • Like 1

no only like 4 or 5 are ex bungie, it was said you can count the number of ex bungie employees with one hand.

No, it is only 4-5 the rest are still Bungie and with activision.

But the rest of the people consist of people who left other companies because they loved Halo that much. To me that is much better than Bungie's group who were feeling tired of making Halo.
  • Like 1

While I cannot fault you for your opinions...I can however call complete bullcrap on you being a big fan. Any fan would know that ODST took place between the events of both halo 2 and Halo 3. In the beginning of ODST, you drop into Mombasa as the prophet of Regret slipspace jumps...you know...the part right after Chief takes down the scarab in halo 2......

Halo 4 is going to be a re-imagining of the series, as well as taking us players deeper into the story. Changes have to be expected, as changes can and usually help to bring the story and feel to the players in ways that the previous titles could not, if they had used the same engine basis.

It's not destroyed. Bungie didn't leave the Halo legacy to people who didn't know what they were doing. And they didn't, they handed the reins to 343 and i have their full support. So far i am super excited for Halo 4, judging by all the footage we have seen and news we are hearing i think no i know that Halo 4 will be phenomenal.

• Like 1

While I cannot fault you for your opinions...I can however call complete bullcrap on you being a big fan. Any fan would know that ODST took place between the events of both halo 2 and Halo 3. In the beginning of ODST, you drop into Mombasa as the prophet of Regret slipspace jumps...you know...the part right after Chief takes down the scarab in halo 2......

Halo 4 is going to be a re-imagining of the series, as well as taking us players deeper into the story. Changes have to be expected, as changes can and usually help to bring the story and feel to the players in ways that the previous titles could not, if they had used the same engine basis.

Thanks for the reply. Yes now I do recall you are correct, but that I'm wrong on that doesn't mean I'm not a fan, it isn't like I can memorize every single detail of the series... The fact I haven't played ODST in over 2 years. Oh well, lol, have a nice day :awesome:

It's not destroyed. Bungie didn't leave the Halo legacy to people who didn't know what they were doing. And they didn't, they handed the reins to 343 and i have their full support. So far i am super excited for Halo 4, judging by all the footage we have seen and news we are hearing i think no i know that Halo 4 will be phenomenal.

Thanks for the reply, I can agree with you :) I am also excited about it too, especially the graphics, I believe Halo 4 started a new generation of computer graphics. In Halo 4 it's photo-realistic, I just watched the first level gameplay again yesterday and just really realized how amazing it looks! Have an awesome day :awesome:

I've been a Halo fan ever since it came out, it's probably one of the most compelling and amazing stories if you really get into it. Halo 1 (or Anniversary) was an interesting story, Halo 2 was the best story of them all, Halo 3 was great, ODST was just based on the events of 3, and Reach wasn't that good. However the art concept of Reach was amazing and online game play, but the campaign was like any other shooter game... random missions and isn't very deep or compelling. Halo Wars was interesting and did grasp the meaning of Halo in a sense, while Reach didn't.

Halo 4 is going to be similar to Reach, and it's not looking very good in certain spots (however game play looks amazing and the art and the graphics are phenomenal). Now many people are like, "Well it's a new story!" and the ORIGINAL fans are not happy about it though. If you actually play the whole series and study it, you won't want it to change. There's still many unanswered questions.

Bungie had an idea for the story from beginning to end, then Bungie separated from Microsoft and 343 Industries took over Halo, and now the story is altered in a few major areas. A minor issue that I've heard A LOT of complaints about is how terrible the new armor looks (I can actually agree on this...). Come on 343, why did you make it look like some crazy 1970's version of Halo? That's a disappointment. However, there are parts I am excited about! Like how Cortana is now diminishing and going crazy, what's going to happen? That's something I'm eager to know!

One big thing a lot of people are asking about in Halo 4: "What about the Elites?" That's a huge question for this. Is 343 being arrogant and too afraid to follow the series and decide to alter the story more to make Elites enemies again? Or is there something more deep? That's a question to be answered. People loved Elites when they separated from the Covenant in Halo 2. In Halo 3, you could actually customize your Elite in key areas and play as it on ALL game modes (except campaign of course unless you do multiplayer). Then Reach comes along, you can hardly play as an Elite on hardly any game modes, plus you couldn't customize it, only with full body armor. This made a lot of people disappointed. That was Bungies fault though. Now in 4 you cannot play as Elites at all, but now a lot people don't care because they're now used to it. I really don't mind but I really wish we could have more options.

My main concern is the campaign, is it the beginning of the end for Halo? Will Halo turn into a basic, pointless shooter game? Or will it keep going and people will still love it? I'm leaving that for you to decide!

you have to take the fact that master chief has been drifting in space for about 4 years, hes not anywhere near the elites

• 2 weeks later...

Well technically Bungie didn't have a choice in handing Halo over t o 343, because that was a term of their being able to leave microsofts partnership.

BUT your right, 343 IS the best group for Halo to be handed to, they were literally created just to handle Halo.

But the rest of the people consist of people who left other companies because they loved Halo that much. To me that is much better than Bungie's group who were feeling tired of making Halo.

Source?

Because your actually wrong, 343 has been around for awhile and is not "Made up of people who came to 343 because they love Halo"

Source?

Because your actually wrong, 343 has been around for awhile and is not "Made up of people who came to 343 because they love Halo"

You are half right. It's been around for five years (when Bungie broke from Microsoft after Halo 3). You are wrong about it not being made up of people who came to 343i because they love Halo though. 343i's original purpose was to oversee the development of the Halo franchise in case Bungie would not agree to do more Halo games. However, Bungie agreed to do Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach. So, 343i was put in charge of other things related to Halo, such as Halo Waypoint, Halo Legends, and a couple of novels.

After Bungie handed control of Halo over to 343i, some Bungie staff members who "still had their hearts in the game" left Bungie and came to work for 343i.

You don't join a gaming company that is working on a game that has a cult following like Halo unless you love that game.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say they destroyed it at all, that's bogus.

But some of the RFCrowd (Ruined Forever Crowd) in Halo's fan base try to ruin it for everybody.

The RFC needs to keep the ruin to themselves. (Casshern Sins reference half intended. :lol:)

Those who don't like the changes can speak their opinions, but don't need to try and force it on people, or to rant all day. Luckily, this crowd has been at rest for months.

Like I said, watch Halo 4 be one of the best Halos yet.

• Like 1

The RFC needs to keep the ruin to themselves. (Casshern Sins reference half intended. :lol:)

Those who don't like the changes can speak their opinions, but don't need to try and force it on people, or to rant all day. Luckily, this crowd has been at rest for months.

Like I said, watch Halo 4 be one of the best Halos yet.

I honestly expect to be the best halo yet.cfrom what I've seen, 343 has made a halo that plays like halo is meant to be played, like a futuristic fps