Do your homework before pre-ordering

Twinreaper

After reading a much ranted and winded post about pre-ordering by "pdoffhalofan", I felt it was only deserving that the community stay informed as to what pre-ordering is, why it exists and why and where you can the best bonuses for your pre-order.

In short, pre-orders exist so that the manufacturer, not Microsoft, knows how many copies it needs to produce so that production time, packaging and shipping can be completed before the release date. By my estimate according to the pre-order numbers, 343i will have to have Halo 4 RTM no later than October 5th.

Bonuses come in all forms and shapes. Most of the bonuses we see, we want. This is natural of coarse, but it is extremely hard to tell which bonuses are available in-game by unlocking, and which are not. To help with this, it is generally wise to assume that any pre-order bonus you get, is unique. Most of the pre-order bonuses you see, are cutting room floor scrapped additions that were removed from the game, for whatever reason. Because of this, 343i and Microsoft offers these tidbits to various retailers worldwide on a first come first claim basis. It IS NOT GREED or mistrust that they are using, they are simply giving fans more content to exclusive retailers, that they can then, pass off to you. That said content usually costs the retailers a bit of cash as each one wants only the most rare and hopefully most sought after add-on. Yet they offer it free, of coarse this is only to ensure you purchase it from them, but at the very least we should be thankfull that retailers are a part of this.

Now, as a way for new members or members who have not pe-ordered yet, I think it would be in everyones best interest to post up a link and text of what pre-order bonuses are solid reported to come with editions at different retailers. Now I don't want this thread to turn into a giant Q&A, so please....read all the info posted before replying with new information so nothing is repeated, and people can plainly see what is available.

All posts should be in this format....

1. Retailer Name

2. Game version

3. Cost (mat vary depending on content extra)

4. Date reserved or date reported (preserves content accuracy)

5. Link to the store

• Like 6

Another wonderful thread Twin! Keep up the good work :D

Also, for those who are wondering, RTM means Ready To Make/Manufacture. Also, didn't know if you knew Twin, but 343i has stated that all of the Preorder Bonuses will be eventually released as DLC :D

GameStop

LE Console and H4 LE

450+ USD

Not sure, but the pickup date is Nov 6, 2012.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/halo-4/91448 and http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-320gb-limited-edition-halo-4-console/103352