hold a magnum and the flag

Ins4nek1ll4

hey halo fans, as you know in all the past halos capture the flag is one of the biggest team objective games. it requires skill and team work. now before halo 4 you would run around with the flag and try to get away from the enemies as you team would fend them off, or you would drop the flag kill the person(s) attacking you, then pick the flag back up. well now 343 has added a new feature, you can hold the flag and a magnum. so now instead of running away, you can defend yourself from the incoming enemies.

post-29358-0-53807500-1345854809.jpg

Depending on what you have as your secondary in your loadout, you could use the boltshot, pp, and magnum I am guessing. I like the addition of using a side arm while carrying the flag. I mean you are a super soldier, why not carry both in one hand. I like the fact of being able to attempt to defend yourself.

Now the questions is, is it still a one hit beatdown with the flag?

This basically eliminates the upperhand of objective-based games. Normally, when a team is holding an oddball or a flag, it's 3 defenders & 1 holder versus 4 attackers; this gives the attacking team a better chance at attaining the objective due to more firepower.

Assuming two teams are equal strength and skill, it would almost come down to who grabs the objective first to determine who wins.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to assassinate an enemy with the flag then turn a magnum 4-shot double kill, but it definitely will change the pace and flow of gameplay having even firepower.

This seems like a good idea. One-on-one, a Magnum is realistically going to lose against pretty much any other weapon provided the latter is being used properly - unless there's a very major skill gap (and if there is, no mechanics in the world will improve the situation). Flag wielders are still going to be darn vulnerable and aren't going to be able to take on enemy teams alone, but it'll be good for them to actually be able to help out a little in a firefight, rather than just walking in the opposite direction very slowly.

This basically eliminates the upperhand of objective-based games. Normally, when a team is holding an oddball or a flag, it's 3 defenders & 1 holder versus 4 attackers; this gives the attacking team a better chance at attaining the objective due to more firepower.

Assuming two teams are equal strength and skill, it would almost come down to who grabs the objective first to determine who wins.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to assassinate an enemy with the flag then turn a magnum 4-shot double kill, but it definitely will change the pace and flow of gameplay having even firepower.

It's a magnum. You won't be rushing into battle with it. And the majority of people can use an assault rifle, DMR, or BR to kill any skilled person with a magnum.
  • Like 1

It's a magnum. You won't be rushing into battle with it. And the majority of people can use an assault rifle, DMR, or BR to kill any skilled person with a magnum.

I have to disagree. In Reach, I can easily outshoot someone of normal/advanced skill DMR v. Magnum. In SWAT, I use my Magnum over my DMR. Also, a standard player will run at you while ARing, not noticing how many bullets are missing due to the reticule bloom. They're dead by my Magnum as well.

I guess, to favor your side of the argument, it'll be fair as long as you can't zoom in with it.

I have to disagree. In Reach, I can easily out DMR someone of normal skill with a Magnum.

I guess, to favor your side of the argument, it'll be fair as long as you can't zoom in with it.

You miss read his comment

It's a magnum. You WON'T be rushing into battle with it. AND THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE CAN USE an assault rifle, DMR, or BR to KILL any skilled PERSON WITH A MAGNUM

He is saying that the team attacking the ball/flag carrier can kill the carrier with no problem. The magnum will be of little help. Only to a highly skilled MLG player against a team of noobs will he be able to even think of using it to defend himself. But its still nice to have it.

I have to disagree. In Reach, I can easily outshoot someone of normal/advanced skill DMR v. Magnum. In SWAT, I use my Magnum over my DMR. Also, a standard player will run at you while ARing, not noticing how many bullets are missing due to the reticule bloom. They're dead by my Magnum as well.

Well SWAT is one shot headshots, so I would say that doesn't count. And any competant shooter can aim an assault rifle correctly. And I doubt you would be able to zoom in, you are holding a flag you know.

The magnum will be of little help. Only to a highly skilled MLG player against a team of noobs will he be able to even think of using it to defend himself. But its still nice to have it.

You're making mountains out of molehills now. Unless being overwhelmed by any major power weapons (rockets, sniper, sword, shotty), I feel as if a magnum vs. any medium-range primary weapons (DMR, AR, BR) is ordinary, and very common. Same amount of bullets to take out shields as a DMR/BR, but with a higher fire rate, albeit less ammo.

I consider myself a very good halo player, but the analogy of an MLG player vs. a team of noobs was overkill (no pun intended). If my 3 teammates kill their 3 teammates and it's 1 on 1 to score a flag, the flagman should have the disadvantage of no firepower since he is contributing to the objective portion of the game; gambling with the slow, meandering trail of scoring and putting his team on the scoreboard. That's when he should drop the flag, defend his life, and wait for his team to respawn to help him.

Like I said, I will absolutely love having both a flag and a handgun; I'm merely trying to consider possible drawbacks.