Forge Matchmaking

Ac7 oN ImPuLs3

What do you think about having a playlist in MM with time limited forge in the beginning of games.

You would start a game, FFA or Team with a certain amount of money and time. Each Team or individual would have their own territory somewhere on the map only accessible to them during the forge phase. My idea is there would be 2 objective gametypes for this playlist.

Forge CTF

Each territory will have a flag where the team/individual will need to create a "settlement" if you will. Create anything you like that would best defend your flag. The ways to win will depend on the size of the forge world(assuming there will be more than 1 to chose from). To win you may need to get 10 flag caps or the most flag caps you can get in 15 minutes. If this is FFA the player will have unlimited respawns. Team play will give each player only 5 respawns to defend and capture. If all members of a team are eliminated with no remaining respawns, the territory is shut down and made unavailable to the other teams.

Forge Territories (Team only)

Each Territory will Have a "Hill" that needs to be defended. The "Hill" will not be available to build on or within a certain surrounding during the forge phase. This will prevent teams from making their "Hill" impossible to get into. To win this gametype you will need to log a certain amount of time in enemy "Hills" around the map. While doing so you will need to defend your "Hill". Although there are unlimited respawns in this gametype, Your Team "Hill" will be destroyed if enemies log a certain amount of time in your "Hill". You will not be able to respawn after your "Hill" is destroyed. If you are the last team standing, you win.

So after reading my ideas, What do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas for a Forge playlist in MM?

I disagree with the forge lobby, simply because you might find some kid trolling and he goes and deletes everything you do instead of helping you. But as for matchmaking idea, that sounds pretty cool. I don't know about CTF though, there would be people who make it impossible to get to the flag, or escape with it.

Well You cant just build a wall around the "Hill". "The "Hill" will not be available to build on or within a certain surrounding during the forge phase"

I thought of that when I was thinking of the idea. Just simply make a certain area around the "Hill" that you can not place anything. And as for the CTF gametype, Well if you choose to build a wall around your flag, yes your flag may not get taken but you wont be making any caps yourself.

Yes of course there would be a couple trolls here and there who dont care about winning that would build a wall anyway. That is problem easily fixed by making the spawns right next to the flag (obviously disable the ability to edit spawns).

good idea but no offense it was poorly thought out, all the team would have to do is build wall around there flag and its over, great idea tho

Its not poorly thought out, you have to understand that if you build a wall around the flag, you may not have your flag being captured but you wont be able to get to it to capture other flags. I also stated that its an easy fix, if some trolls dont care about winning and do build a wall. The spawns are right next to the flag there for you will be trapped. Understand now?

Its not poorly thought out, you have to understand that if you build a wall around the flag, you may not have your flag being captured but you wont be able to get to it to capture other flags. I also stated that its an easy fix, if some trolls dont care about winning and do build a wall. The spawns are right next to the flag there for you will be trapped. Understand now?

I guarantee it will be done though lol A lot of people play objective games just to boost their k/d ratio, and the opportunity to force a tie game would make k/d boosters day. Not to mention that if they are on red team, they win by default.

I guarantee it will be done though lol A lot of people play objective games just to boost their k/d ratio, and the opportunity to force a tie game would make k/d boosters day. Not to mention that if they are on red team, they win by default.

But if spawns are placed next to the flag, they will be trapped(if they build around their flag).

Therefore they will not be able to run around killing

Is everyone just posting without reading what I am saying? You are wrong. Now give me my Co-pay back Doc, cause rubbing aloe vera on my neck for this bullet wound did not work this time.

You were not supposed to rub it. You are supposed to eat it. Your vomiting will help pop the bullet out. Then you wear your cone like i told you :)