Number of levels in Halo 4

Mat Burke

So if you haven't heard 343 came out with Halo 4's achievements today.

If you haven't seen them here's the link: http://www.ign.com/a...t-list-revealed

Anywho, the big thing I'd like to discuss is the fact that there's only 8 levels......

I'm seriously hoping this won't be like call of duty with short campaign but beautiful graphics and an insane multiplayer.

The other thing I'm worried about is that they're putting so much content into this game there won't be a lot of room for a lot of campaign

So there had better be a lot of Easter eggs

Thoughts?:::

Lmao Just because it has 9 levels doesn't mean it's going to be a short campaign. Those levels are probably loooooooooooooooooooooooong. Not to mentions Spartan Ops and whatnot. Apparently, Spartan Ops is going to have a legit story too, so it can actually be counted as a mini-campaign.

• Like 1

Yeah like they all said. Speaking from the levels in terms of programming, we saw huge leaps in the amount of individual bsp's they crammed into each title as they came out. Halo 3 had at most, 6 to 7 bsp's in one level alone. Knowing Halo 4, each level will likely take at walking pace, to cover from one end to the other.....something like 30 minutes. And thats just walking to one end of the levels, not including the highjinx or twists and backtracking the missions will involve.

Yeah like they all said. Speaking from the levels in terms of programming, we saw huge leaps in the amount of individual bsp's they crammed into each title as they came out. Halo 3 had at most, 6 to 7 bsp's in one level alone. Knowing Halo 4, each level will likely take at walking pace, to cover from one end to the other.....something like 30 minutes. And thats just walking to one end of the levels, not including the highjinx or twists and backtracking the missions will involve.

Not to mention shenanigans and fopas. And respawning over and over because they decided to make the hunters even more difficult to take down. lol
  • Like 1

Actually there are 9 levels, and if you recall Halo 3 had about the same amount of levels (10 I believe) and Halo 3 had a good length. So i would not be too worried.

Well. I am sure one of those 9 levels is just story line. (Probably the first or last one). It was like that in both reach and halo 3. Reach actually had 2 of those levels :)

The length of the game will be perfect...343i knows what they are doing, and increasing the difficulty will also increase the length. Also as stated above, Spartan Ops will be long, in fact, Frankie stated on wednesday that Spartan Ops will be the length of ODST's campaign, so I am pretty excited :D

Here is link to the length of Spartan ops being longer than ODST

http://gamerfront.net/2012/08/halo-4s-spartan-ops-will-offer-longer-gameplay-than-odst/23142

It wont be a short campaign for me, especially on legendary. If its paced like any other halo game it will be great. Halo 3 was a perfect length for a videogame campaign. You play the campaign to get familiar with the weapons/characters and environments. Haha then the multiplayer will be lasting all of us more than a long time!

Also, spartan ops and Forge. Let me know if i forgot anything. Thanks!

Ryu is correct, Spartan Ops will be longer than ODST, with that asn an indicator the normal campaign will be longer as well

And ODST was a good sized game to me. Simply because of the exploration and extras to do. But speed running the campaign, it was still a blast and took enough time. Halo 4 will not disappoint. :lol:

Lmao Just because it has 9 levels doesn't mean it's going to be a short campaign. Those levels are probably loooooooooooooooooooooooong. Not to mentions Spartan Ops and whatnot. Apparently, Spartan Ops is going to have a legit story too, so it can actually be counted as a mini-campaign.

it was recently released that spartan ops will be about the length of halo odst in all. which is plenty. i love the idea of having a second campaign that will last and entire season. halo reach was good because it gave you a chance to have a campaign with your personal spartan. i think thats important for future halo's to have a story along side chief's that is all about you and your spartan and the way you want to play

• 5 weeks later...

ryan mcaffery of ign played the 1st and 3rd levels of halo 4 and it took him 45 mins for the first one and an hour for the third so and average of 50 mins(approximation). so 50 times 8 is 400 mins. which is a bit less than 7 hours. not bad, considering Spartan ops, forge, custom games, and match making! I will edit as soon as I find that link again. it was on ign.

I am thankful that Halo 4 levels will be long, but not everyone HAS x-box live, like me.

This means that 1/3 of Halo 4 will be missed if you don't have x-box live, which i think is bulls**t.

We can only hope spartan ops will come out on a disc later in 2013:(