Brutes are back.

Wes Stone501

It would be cool if they explored the origin of the brutes, I feel like they have so much potential and have been left out. For example a mission in a place like Sandtrap from Halo 3 which were Brute ruins. Or maybe I have to stop this delussion, a book will do that better.

origins of characters are usually done better in books and partially in movies. The Halo games have done well to fit pieces together to kick start everyones fascination, but the books are where we get our background and true information

As far as the 'STORM' go, we do not know yet if they left on their own accord, or they were sent off to do their own thing before the Prophets died. We will have to wait and see

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, they aren't new. From what we've been told, they are covenant that were outside the known bounds of space and don't know that the prophets have been killed or even that the great schism took place.

It was stated in Halo glasslands aswell. that the Elites are on the brink of civil war and that some Elites beleive the Arbiter is wrong and still embrace the covenant faith (also stating distaste towards a truce with the Humans viewing them as an inferior race despite recent revelations in the Halo universe) so maybe they are not all covenant out of reach from the rest of covenant civilisation.

although Requiem is a sheild world and i think sheild words are placed out of our galaxy as so not to be affected by Halo rings. at the moment i think it is just speculation at this point. i'm still really glad the Elites are still fightable. The brute lead covenant force of the Halo 3 - ODST era just didnt feel right. I love Elites but killing them is so much more satisfying and challenging than shooting three clips into a bullet sponge that drops its weapon when you shoot his armor.

(and just saying the brute power armor shouldn't have just explded when depleated i would rather it that wou could shoot pieces off such as helmets, shoulder pauldrons ect depending on where you shots hit when their sheilds are down)

cant wait for this game i'm pumped

no he is correct Frank O'Conner did confirm there will be no brutes in halo 4, at least no killable brutes, perhaps all the brutes were killed in recon of the forenunner site.

From what information we have been given from glasslands, the return, and a few other sources it sounds like after the covenant human war the sangheili were still fighting the brutes for a while after. from the return it talks about how the brutes went back to their old ways (like humans) and started turning on each other to be declared the alpha of their packs. Because of this the sangheili fleets were able to desimate the brutes from their lack of organization. As we see in glasslands some of the brutes surrendered to the sangheili making them servants for their agricultural needs. few still exist to the time halo 4 starts which would make sense why we will not see them but the sangheili might take some of their weapons due to their lack of resourses after the war.
  • Like 1

From what information we have been given from glasslands, the return, and a few other sources it sounds like after the covenant human war the sangheili were still fighting the brutes for a while after. from the return it talks about how the brutes went back to their old ways (like humans) and started turning on each other to be declared the alpha of their packs. Because of this the sangheili fleets were able to desimate the brutes from their lack of organization. As we see in glasslands some of the brutes surrendered to the sangheili making them servants for their agricultural needs. few still exist to the time halo 4 starts which would make sense why we will not see them but the sangheili might take some of their weapons due to their lack of resourses after the war.

This is true. Well said. I'm kind of glad the Brutes won't be back. Brings me back to the days of Halo CE.

• 2 weeks later...

Chief, Smash!

In Mission 8, kill 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer.

20 points (this is an acheivment form the

bulletin this week)

While the return of the Brutes is somewhat likely, keep in mind that the Gravity Hammer is still a covenant weapon, not a brute specific weapon.

Sure, the brutes were the ones who used the Hammer, but they were more than likely assigned to them BY the covenant.

While the return of the Brutes is somewhat likely, keep in mind that the Gravity Hammer is still a covenant weapon, not a brute specific weapon.

Sure, the brutes were the ones who used the Hammer, but they were more than likely assigned to them BY the covenant.

go back in the comments its been confirmed by frankie brutes will not be in halo 4

• 1 month later...