THFE Forge Contest (Prizes included)

Guest Oakley HiDef

Guest Oakley HiDef

post-1-0-58127800-1346475488.jpg

Hey guys just wanted to make you aware of a contest we are hosting for our youtube group THFE

The idea is to have everyone use the same "Purple Bunker" gametype and allow participants to focus on making awesome and ingenious maps. The way it works is with a 3 tiered invasion game. The attackers have a reduced movement speed + invincibility and must make their way to an objective while the defenders push them back with concussion rifles and needlers.

Here is an example of a map using the gametype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cv6MkZbRVg&feature=relmfu

Participants will need to use the same general gameplay mechanics and submit their maps within 2 weeks. Winners will be featured in our videos, given microsoft points, and gain notoriety as we showcase their maps to our 45,000 subscribers.

Below is the contest details video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyWb-Xw2xH8&list=UUWE8lQQzGeATaTCXRrlx7bw&index=2&feature=plcp

• Like 2

When is the actual deadline to get the maps complete? Is it two weeks from time of post? Specific time and date would be appreciated. I started on a map for the contest, just want to make sure I'll have enough time to complete it.

Thanks!

- Choot :thumbsup:

As of right now the final day to submit is tonight or possible tomorrow.

P.S - Im the one who has been going through all of the submissions for oakley. :)

• Like 2

As of right now the final day to submit is tonight or possible tomorrow.

P.S - Im the one who has been going through all of the submissions for oakley. :)

Thanks for the info Niggles! Guess I may have to try and pull an all-nighter if I am to get it submitted. If I don't meet the deadline, I'll be sure to keep a look out for the next contest.

Thanks again!

- Choot :thumbsup:

Guest Psychoduck

at this rate, i dont think they're ever going to even choose winners

If you want to host a contest via a youtube channel with 46,000 subscribers and sort through all the results, playtest them, determine the best ones, and then make videos and line up the prizes for the winners be my guest. The winners will be announced soon, until then I would like to remind everyone of the virtue of patience.

• Like 6

Yeah, I'm sorry (if I sound preachy) Lord Satin, but until we can put ourselves in their shoes, judging over 100 submissions on Gameplay - Looks - Creativity, we shouldn't make rude comments about the THFE staff. This implies quite a bit of reviewing for each individual map, not to mention going through the versions that do not work with the gametype. I'm glad to see that they're taking their time to review everything, because we need to consider that the longer it takes them, the more-informed their final decision wil be. The Psycho Duck could not have said it better, patience is a virtue! I for one am also entered in the contest, and am very excited to hear the results - so I understand your anxiety (to a certain degree) but we must give them the time they require to make this decision. Anyways, that's my two cents on the situation.

If you're really interested in seeing some of the maps that were entered, you can easily download some of them by typing in [PB THFE Contest] on the "New Custom Searchs" on Reach, because it will really give you all an idea of the enormity of their undertaking. If looking through all of those submissions does not interest you, I know Choot 'em has his posted somewhere (I won't put a link here without his permission) and I posted mine in the Mini-game section. If you're interested in seeing it here's a link: [PB] Assassin's Creed

So, I wish you all luck in the contest and I'm very excited to hear the final verdict!

• Like 3