Halo 2 Anniversary Rumor Confirmed

SykoWolf

i went to the game informer artical where this guy/girl got their info and it has been updated and a member of 343 has already squashed it saying that they are too busy at the time. sorry to bring bad news. i wanted this just as much as all you did. hopefully they become less busy soon and start working on it.

Like a few people previously said it will probably be like Halo CE anniversary where you get a new campaign with remastered graphics, and the Halo 2 multiplier maps, and maybe we'll get a classic playlist with no loadouts, no sprint, no armor abilities. I highly doubt Halo 2 remake will have it's own multiplayer which is a little disappointing.

• 1 month later...

I want this, so much.

I hope the 720 launches this year with H2 Anniversary as a launch title, so they can take their time with Halo 5 and make it great.

Seriously, I've wanted to play this since I first saw the cutscenes, but I've been reluctant to go for it since I have completionist tendencies with Halo 4, and an Anniversary might come out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry to break it to you guys, but Frank O'Connor said that there is no halo 2 anniversary, and nobody in 343 is working on that. I guess microsoft doesnt know how much we would pay to get a remake of one of our favorite halo's of all time. I mean halo 2 introduced us to multiplayer. that was just sick! but hey i aint mad, im just sad that i wont be seeing a halo 2 anniversary  :wallbash:

sorry to break it to you guys, but Frank O'Connor said that there is no halo 2 anniversary, and nobody in 343 is working on that. I guess microsoft doesnt know how much we would pay to get a remake of one of our favorite halo's of all time. I mean halo 2 introduced us to multiplayer. that was just sick! but hey i aint mad, im just sad that i wont be seeing a halo 2 anniversary  :wallbash:

What are your official Sources?  Where/when did Fank O'Connor say this?  I don't remember this being on their website, interviews, or at the Microsoft Unvieling on May 21st.

It's called common sense.  While you may not be able to find official word they are never working on it, they did state many times during panels and interviews that they are not currently working on it.

Looking at the recent events of the Korean Ratings, where Bootcamp was unveiled, how much man power or time do you really think the 343i division within Microsoft has to do Bootcamp, oversee the Halo TV Series, and actively work on 1st party titles besides Halo 5?  Simply put, if you use common sense and put all the titles and work they have together, you can plainly see that without hiring another 100 person or so team, you won't see anything Anniversary coming for quite some time.

Everyone says how much they enjoyed Halo 2, and how much they want to play it again.  IT"S CALLED HALO 2 VISTA PEOPLE!!!!  You have had a chance to play halo 2 for years now, with full online and custom content.  No one has taken advantage of it.  And don't go quoting some **** about how it's Vista only.  How many people have Windows 7 PC's now?  Find me a large majority of PC users that are still in the olden times of XP.  Simply put, you had your chance to play it, and still have a chance.  But noooooooo... let's all hope for a console version of a remake of an original with a remake of an original multiplayer.  You guys make no sense at all!

• Like 3

What are your official Sources?  Where/when did Fank O'Connor say this?  I don't remember this being on their website, interviews, or at the Microsoft Unvieling on May 21st.

He confirmed there will be NO Halo 2 Anniversary on NeoGaf very recently, as in a week ago. There's been a video made about it, just search on YouTube.

Frankly i want a Halo 2 :Anniversary because it would be fun to replay the original halo 2 and ntm all i ask is they dont screw it up  

i totally agree and i wish we could have one

I would actually like this because I only have the pc version of halo 2

i also have halo 2 for PC and i play it 24/7

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...