Halo 2 Anniversary Rumor Confirmed

SykoWolf

Oh wow this thing has completely derailed! And wow come on you two or three or whatever...people it's a game! Does it really honestly matter what it's called? Superjump or superbounce? LIke Twister or Tornado. Does it Really Honestly Matter!? Before you answer me and scream "YES!" Annalyze the underlined question. I understand people are proud of things they know in a game or perhaps discovered, helped to discover, whatever! People my point is again: "Does it Really Honestly Matter?!" I can think of so many things that could be argued on.....when honestly the topic of super jump versus super bounce really has no impact on them making a Halo 2 Anniversary, which I think we can All agree would be AWESOME!

Sorry if it seems like I'm being a jerk or whatever, but please can we please get this thread back on track and that would be "Halo 2 Anniversary Rumor Confirmed"

This is a legit conversation that is related to the topic, nothing is wrong with a little bit of pump action going on.

This is a legit conversation that is related to the topic, nothing is wrong with a little bit of pump action going on.

You make a fair point about a little bit of pump action, but it's like 2 pages worth. And internet "pump action" tends to go on for Pages! to make "novels" which in turn leads to book shevles and etc... point is....

Yes have a spirited conversation, but please do not lose sight of the main topic at hand.

You make a fair point about a little bit of pump action, but it's like 2 pages worth. And internet "pump action" tends to go on for Pages! to make "novels" which in turn leads to book shevles and etc... point is....

Yes have a spirited conversation, but please do not lose sight of the main topic at hand.

Alright, what if I said 343i is going to be a **** in anniversary 2 and remove the scarab gun and giant soccerball fun?

Like you said, only the rumor is confirmed, nothing else. I hope they do give us a remake with all superbounces (superjumps are the same in case nubs are reading) intact although they can leave out things like real life jumping and real life bouncing.

I doubt they would leave the superbounces in, if they do give us the old MP back. At least in CE they left the CMP basically intact, glitches and all but Reach MP for CEA was terrible imo.

Yes the likely hood of super-bouncing being in a remastered version is almost zero. To enlighten a few people, super-bouncing was an error with physics and collision detection during certain areas (portals) or a map structure. The game basically failed to detect that had hit the ground, and instead placed your collision position inside the floor. The resulting reaction from the engine was to force the player in the opposite direction to release the player from the ground, or whatever object he/she had been detected inside of.

When the game is remastered, certain aspects will fail to work as we saw in CEA. where some glitches did not operate the same way. Since they would be remastering it to work with a newer engine that the Blam! v2 variant, it is only logical that the Havok code processing the collision and physics detection would be updated for maximum compatibility, rending certain glitches like super-bouncing, or ramming a player through a barrier useless.

Yes the likely hood of super-bouncing being in a remastered version is almost zero. To enlighten a few people, super-bouncing was an error with physics and collision detection during certain areas (portals) or a map structure. The game basically failed to detect that had hit the ground, and instead placed your collision position inside the floor. The resulting reaction from the engine was to force the player in the opposite direction to release the player from the ground, or whatever object he/she had been detected inside of.

When the game is remastered, certain aspects will fail to work as we saw in CEA. where some glitches did not operate the same way. Since they would be remastering it to work with a newer engine that the Blam! v2 variant, it is only logical that the Havok code processing the collision and physics detection would be updated for maximum compatibility, rending certain glitches like super-bouncing, or ramming a player through a barrier useless.

Lol, for every Halo game the gamemaker thinks they have solved collision and physics detection problems only to find out how resourceful the players are, turret bumping through walls still work and as far as I know we still 'ram' as you call it. Very little changed between CE and CEA, as far as doing glitches are concerned. We find a way around the fixes. I'd say that superbounces will not work again but there's a possibility they might, there's more than one way to skin a cat and like I said, all collisions glitches work so far for me although certain adjustments are needed.

Changing the Havok engine for the remastered versions would create its own glitches and it is likely that other glitches we have already seen in the engine will be carried over as well provided they are not patched.

Halo 2 anniversary will be a great game. I'm looking forward to it but if they found a way to extend the campaign a bit I would be very happy though even if it were shorter Id be happy. All in all I'd be willing to pay up to $120 NZ for a normal edition of the game

• 2 weeks later...

personally, halo 2 wasn't in my top halos a good storyline, never played the mulitplayer, but still it will be epic to see halo 2 remade, upgraded and ll round made better than the original. now all they need to do is make sure the weapons remain close to what the looked like, ie the original battle rifle, not the halo 4 BR, (not that there is anything wrong with it).

I was skeptical that the mere idea of this was reasonable. Having just one Anniversary of the original and just ending there seemed appropriate, because it's the original, ya know? It held a certain authority over every other game in the franchise because it was the beginning and is therefore more symbolic.

BUT, I am so totally on board with a Halo 2 Anniversary. It was definitely the best game in the series for me because it was so adventurous compared to every other game. What Bungie did with Halo 2 was the most risky but extraordinary work of storytelling that the Halo franchise has ever seen. They expanded so much onto the depth of Halo that a rework of it would be simply amazing. It was essentially a story about the Arbiter, rather than the Master Chief.

Not only was the story ambitious, but so were the environments. Halo 2 probably had the most epic environments, but since its graphics are so outdated now, it just feels dirty compared to Halo 4. Just imagine though: the skyline of Metropolis, the awe of a submerged Forerunner temple network, the vibrant colors of a Covenant holy city, and the unholy majesty of the Gravemind, all revamped into HD. That is something to look forward to.

I just wish the anniversary was a year from now instead of two. I want Halo 5 to come quicker.

• Like 1

Just imagine though: the skyline of Metropolis, the awe of a submerged Forerunner temple network, the vibrant colors of a Covenant holy city, and the unholy majesty of the Gravemind, all revamped into HD. That is something to look forward to.

I just wish the anniversary was a year from now instead of two. I want Halo 5 to come quicker.

Good post

Its funny i signed on to this forum because with the release of Halo 4 a friend and i are going through the series in chronological order co-op legendary and we were discussing how awesome it would be if 343 also released a rework of halo 2 and i said i would come on the forum to suggest it and i find this :)

I dont mind what you guys at 343 do with the multiplayer just as long as the single/co-op experience is given a similar treatment as CE anniversary to make it all nice and shiny :) also this would be an opportune moment to re-add anything that had to be left out of the original release.

Please make this happen guys, trust me it'll sell :)

• Like 1