Download Link

Gametype

4.jpg

This map is for anyone who has ever felt a little let down by their Star Wars "Death Star Trench Run" video game experiences. I have been waiting for an oficially licensed Star Wars video game to deliver a truly exciting trench run level ever since 1993 (X-Wing), almost as long as have been waiting for them to give me a truly great light-saber battle (never). While I still can't do anything about the light-saber battle, the trench run is now a somewhat different story.

I knew going in that I would never be able to forge a perfectly accurate Death Star surface (cover the entire forge world in c-walls?) using the $10,000 budget and the piece limits. Instead I decided to embrace the difference and take on a little creative license. This isn't a Star Wars trench run. It is a Halo Trench Run. With that in mind, I set out to make it play, and look as incredible as possible. I even threw in a vague Tower of Mordor look alike for good measure.

The most important thing to me while forging this map was to make sure that the trench was a functioning, strategic, and necessary passage way to the thermal exhaust port. You always have the option to fly around, above, or outside of the trench. It will just be much more difficult to stay alive out there. Also, if you leave the "Death Ship's" surface area entirely, you will explode.

Another absolutely imperative goal for me was making sure that this map was as fun on defense (if not more fun) than it is on offense. In order to accomplish that, I made up a specialized teleporter/observation tower system.

The main defense tower has 6 two-way teleporters along its inner walls. The three on the right side walls will transport you to the three right side gun towers. They go in order from front to back. The same goes for the left side wall's teleporters.

Using the "observe and move" system you can always be in the proper tower at the proper time. When it's done well, it is almost as if all of the towers are automated.

Finally the custom game type is a one-bomb assault variant. It is set up to give you the feeling that Yavin 4 is just about to come into range, and there is no time to spare. Each round is 3 minuets long, and there are 6 of them. This gives each team more chances to employ different strategies, yet keeps the game moving along quickly. If you are having an unusually difficult time on offense, or defense, you can always add or drop a minuet.

The bomb carrier has 100% mobility, along with full vehicle use. In addition to the normal movement, his ability to "use the force" gives him two slight advantages. He has a 75m radar, and will inflict 110% damage on his enemies.

Screenshot-1ashx.jpg

Screenshot-8ashx.jpg

234.jpg

8.jpg

135.jpg

Screenshot-4ashx.jpg

jdnjdnk.jpg

12.jpg

Screenshotashx3.jpg

Screenshotashx2.jpg

Screenshotashx.jpg

Screenshotashx1.jpg

Other Maps:

Find God:

Find God Game Type

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JtSKeOeKWc&feature=channel&list=UL

Zompound:

Zomplex Zompound Game type

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKw7RFtLCc&feature=channel&list=UL

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but "the tower of Mordor" looks nothing like Bara-dur, citadel of the eye.

I've seen a much better "trench run" map and gametype too.

since this is your second game that you have posted here (to my knowledge), i suggest that to increase people joining the group you play with, I suggest you get active here in the forums, and then more people will want to do stuff with you.

I mean I said "vauge tower of Mordor," it was kinda a joke... It's actually the 3rd map I have posted here, along with "Find God", and "Zompound." I just signed up a few days ago. I have been told there are a few other trench run games out there. People do usually like the way this one plays though. I will be sure to do more in the forums now that I am signed up.