Why must we spam????

Zelda

Agreed with everything you said, though I used to post a lot in games (while getting the reputation :( ) I stopped once the penny dropped, and hardly posted for while. Now as a non spammer in the forums I try to stop this, but no use with the rules in set. :(

• Like 1

It wasn't just onesies or twosies spamming in OB. There were people literally getting to dedicated in under a week just from OB. That's why it was removed from the post count. The posts in OB don't really contribute anything to the forum except for fun, and fun shouldn't be ranked.

And I'm saying this as someone who spammed along with Azaxx, not as someone who never posts in OB. I would really rather the temptation not even be there, so that my posts assist in contributing to the site rather than contribute to a thread that should have died ages ago, but is still alive and well because people used it to boost their member rank up.

• Like 1

Cracking post Zelda.

The ranks from member to trusted, then dedicated are based on post count, and with this comes a color change, which new members are keen to obtain

We as a moderating teamaybe should be a lot harder on spammers, its not even necessarily the offbeat section either, members that continually post in threads with posts like sorry can't help you, or yes I agree, don't add debate to the thread therefore they can only be doing this to increase there post count.

Maybe persistent offenders should get a warning point, and if they persist then there ppst count set to zero.

• Like 8

"well, I agree"

No, this is a serious issue, and I believe many of us here have been guilty of it at one point or another. Yes, we need to deal with spammers all the time, but the flipside is that many of the first posts with members aren't open to discussion. Many of the new Halo 4 threads are a good title "insert name of new weapon here" and then the post is " I can't wait to ply with these weapons, they are so cool!"

One final thing is that after a thread has died, say after 1 month of being idle,someone anyways goes and finds it, and then brings it back up. Maybe after a thread is idle for say, three weeks it should be auto locked unless a mod exempts that thread.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Post count doesn't make you look good, nor does it make you popular, and it is not a good idea either.

Bollocks! Change of plans then.

Anyway, agreed with everything you took up. But from my short experience here, this is quite a mature forum, and I rarely see lots of spam posts here (the mods must be quite good at their job).

• Like 1

Anyway, agreed with everything you took up. But from my short experience here, this is quite a mature forum, and I rarely see lots of spam posts here (the mods must be quite good at their job).

Actually, yes, they are. they are very good at their jobs. :) Best mods ever are on these forums! :D

the mods here are the best in the world at what they do, and we are lucky to have them

Edited by Vitamin PWN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait a second, what? Now General Discussion doesn't count towards post count either??

I can understand Offbeat Items, but General Discussion? That's ridiculous. Just because a few trolls spam shouldn't affect everyone. The reasoning behind removing it from Offbeat Items was that Offbeat doesn't really contribute to the forums. However, General Discussion does contribute to the forums. This is just stupid...

EDIT:​ Sorry, misunderstanding. Zelda just told me she was mistaken about GD.

• Like 1