what are the odds?

HaloNoob

Also Cortana sent out a distress message. She mentions it at the end of Halo 3 but that it could take years to reach. Its been stated somewhere that the beginning of halo 4 will start out with the distress message being transmitted to the Infinity it will also appear in the the Foward unto Dawn. Well at least it did in the trailer will Cortana giving her serial number and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

i was talking to my friend recently....he literally said "what are the odds that the Infinity is sucked into Requeim while Chief is there?"

and the odds are very slim.....but MC always has luck on his side

True. MC always has his luck. That's why Cortana chose him in the first place. So this makes things much more interesting, since MC and Cortana will be the main focus this time.

I dont see how the MC survived on Requiem if he was there for a year, unless cortana found several edible plants and animals and he made a wooden shelter XD, more likely he was there for a few days before Infinity crashes, OR the MC causes the portal which pulls the Infinity in (or the Storms)

• 2 weeks later...

True. MC always has his luck. That's why Cortana chose him in the first place. So this makes things much more interesting, since MC and Cortana will be the main focus this time.

This is the reason I'm so excited for this game, I find their relationship so... I don't know how to describe it... Magical? Touching? Inspiring? ...Cute? =3

Oh just saw this in halopedia

In summer 2557, Infinity picked up the distress call of the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn and her two surviving crew, Spartan John-117 and his smart AI companion Cortana,

I can imagine the conversation with Chief and the Infinity crew;

Chief: What are you doing here?

Commander: We picked up your distress signal and came to rescue you!

Chief: Really? Seems to be the other way around...

• Like 1

it can possible be a year between Mc craches and infinity craches

Skummgummigubbe is completely right. We have no idea as to the time period in which Halo 4 takes place. For all we know, it could be a day or two between MC's crash and the Infinity crash or maybe a year or two. All will be revealed once the game comes out!