Halo 4 1-50 level grinding?

Tallgeese

So according to some recent news on the Halo 4 Specializations. We the player have 1-50 levels to complete before being able to access Specializations. Once we choose a specific Spec, there are 10 levels to complete within each Spec. Now supposedly after compleating a Spec class (1-10) we have to grind the original 50 levels again. Is this true?

I think that would be ridiculous...I thought from what Frankie and 343i said at ComiCon that once you finish the first 50 levels, you just have to go through the 10 levels for each Specialization.

Having to go through 50 levels every time we move past a Specialization is ridiculous in my opinion.

What do you all think? Any info?

Personally if we have to go through 1-50 everytime, it will get stale...kind of like trying to get Inheritor in Reach...it got stale and I didnt care anymore. I would much rather prefer we only have to do 1-50 once and than everytime we finish the 10 levels of a Spec class we start a new Spec class.

• Like 1

I will spend hours and hours playing just for the fun of it...but making it so that we HAVE to go through it again and again is lame personally.

Also has it been confirmed that this is how it is going to be, once you finish a Spec class (1-10) you have to grind 1-50 again?

I will spend hours and hours playing just for the fun of it...but making it so that we HAVE to go through it again and again is lame personally.

I'm still confused with the entire structure of the leveling system, but the way that you're describing it, I don't think we have to go through it again.

Think about it: Levels 1 - 60. The first 50 are purely a grind, where the last 10 will unlock armor/mods/skins/emblems devoted to the Specialization you went for. The first 50 will include weapons/grenades/armorabilities/etc. It would be likely that you can stop there if you're content with the measly amount of content you've unlocked.

The way I see it, you devote yourself to 1 out of 10 Specializations for 60 levels, then have a choice to devote yourself to another if inclined to.

Since they just released this information, I'm sure we'll see a video pertaining to it in the next week or so.

@TsickSense: No...if you have the LE you have access to all 8 right away.

@humpstyles: Yes technically you do not HAVE to, but if you want all of the different armor and skins you HAVE to. I still think it would make more sense to only have to do the 1-50 once and after that just do each Spec class 1-10 lvl.

@humpstyles: Yes technically you do not HAVE to, but if you want all of the different armor and skins you HAVE to. I still think it would make more sense to only have to do the 1-50 once and after that just do each Spec class 1-10 lvl.

That would immensely reduce the amount of gameplay. Unlocking all the extra content for each of those Specializations should be (and apparently is) a reward of trekking through 50 levels of hard work.

What I don't understand is:

1. Why are there only 2 available from the get-go? Do you think you must get through Pioneer and Wetwork in order to unlock the other 6? Possibly 1 at a time?

2. Does the armor need to be equipped for these "mods" to work? What if I have on mismatching shoulder armor(s)? Or is that merely for the "gameplay changing" mod slot in your loadout?

Well if it really is the way you are describing, than I will not be getting all of the Specializations. I could care less about some of them. I will probably just do a couple that I like and thats it. with LE exclusive armor, Pre-order armor, and a couple Spec armors I will be happy. I just really hope that ranking up 1-50 is fast, and really fast with pioneer.

1. Wetworks and Pioneer are only available for those who did not purchase the LE. If you purchased the LE you have all 8 available from day 1. 343i said that as they see how fast people are leveling up 1-50 they will release more spec's.

2. The mod is unlocked separately from the physical armor, the mod will be a perk that you put in you load outs. The physical armor just shows that you went through grinding to get that Specialization. You do not need the armor for the mod to work. I believe you get the mod first, than a couple levels into the 1-10 you get the armor, than skins, etc.

Oh that could be...if you indeed get the mod last than I will def go for Pioneer first and just use the Pioneer mod to help fast level through everything. i will probably only grind 4 of the Specializations right away and than just casually grind the other 4. Some of the armors look ok, some of the skins look ok, but some of the mods dont seem that useful to me. But I like 100% completion so who knows lol.

Like I said, I just really hope you can level up fast in Halo 4, faster than in Halo 3 and Reach personally.

Also has it been confirmed that this is how it is going to be, once you finish a Spec class (1-10) you have to grind 1-50 again?

no getting these specializations should take along time to unlock the game would get old if they didnt and its like prestiging if you dont want to start over dont you dont have to.

I suppose...I guess I am just concerned that it will take as long as leveling in Reach to get through all of the Specializations and 1-50 again and again. If the leveling is faster than Reach I will be happy.

well look on the bright side at least this time unlike reach will be unlocking stuff along the way to level 50 so will have things to look forward to like new guns weapons armor skins armor pieces visor colors and emblems i do agree it did get really old in reach though no doubt about it.

@Playa: I have no clue...343i hase been very vague on the details about everything so far. I have a feeling that it is exp. but who knows.

@Rooster: I agree Reach was rough...I only got to Eclipse and got bored lol. Like you said at least there are weapons, armor, skins etc. to look forward to everytime we re level

Absolute Dog confirmed that you only have to go through the first 1-50 levels once and than each Specialization (1-10) after that. You DO NOT have to go through 1-50 after each Specialization again and again.

-edited to merge a double post-

Absolute Dog confirmed that you only have to go through the first 1-50 levels once and than each Specialization (1-10) after that. You DO NOT have to go through 1-50 after each Specialization again and again.

I've seen this exact reply in four threads already. It is useful, but I think this thread was enough.

Rooster is correct, you still have to wait until you finish the first 50 levels. But once you finish the first 50, if you have the LE, you can choose from any of the 8 Specializations where as those who did not get the LE will only have Pioneer and Wetworks to choose from.