Big #11 "Biggles Style" - DRINKS? COUNTDOWN? DRINKDOWN!

Mr Biggles

Im back *Guess who's back...Back again.." with another lot of BABHP tips and guides to become a better player, so the newbies and some of the better players can improve and learn little tips the same way I did, and just overall work on their gameplay.

1. Countdown and how to win games on it.

Countdown is a good map, it's good for the diversity, not only of some forms of colour (Yay no more grey :D) but also because of the diversity of how it is played, as we all know, countdown has 3 levels, lets call the bottom area level 1, middle area 2, and top area 3. Out of these 3 areas, Area 3 is easily the most important, why? because countdown is essentially based on top control. What does top control mean?

Ah. Very good question, top control is basically when you control the top of the map and you basically control every single way of the other team getting up, so lets just say, as an example, it was my team vs....dog's new MLG team (http://www.343indust...-343i-mlg-team/ if interested) my team would know to get the top all of the time? why, so we control the lifts and the outside, the lifts are obviously important because well, they are the lifts, but outside can give you a chance to like regroup and run in as a team, if you run in as a group of 4 and try to take top control and you are all scattered and not watching, of course they will win presuming they have good shots, if they come in, in 1's and 2's, its a lot easier for you as you can teamshot a lot better, you should have 2 people at the left lift and right lift, and 2 people on the hole type thing (drops), that way then you have basically got everything intact, however, you all need to make sure you're watching each other or it will break down, the bridge should NEVER be used for slayer or MLG, as it is a quick way of dying as you are exposed so easily.

However, you need to control S2 (Or Sniper as its called) Shown here, not only the fact in MLG does it have a sniper which is power weapon control, but in general for any gametype, you control some of the lifts and you can watch down low and up top a little, as you can see it, you have an advantage on anyone going up the lifts, and anyone staying at Area 2.

In any Countdown game, i would always rush up top, but also make sure you grab S2 at the start, if you are playing MLG, go for the rockets as they are important for power weapon control, sniper's good to have too, but not so important, but once again, if you are playing SLAYER, keep top control for easy shots, if Flag, S2, as it is the quickest way of running flags and it offers the most protection as obviously you can't be shot at. :D, these are basic tactics for beginners and for people beginning MLG.

Countdown_middle.png

2. What to drink.

Now you're all probably thinking, wtf am i talking about? but, like AD, there is a reason to my madness.

if you notice, a lot of pros drink water obviously to keep hydrated and because most of them are quite fit (not sexually, just healthy ;), disgusting mind of a 16 year old) it is just natural for them to drink water. However, a lot of them drink energy drinks, there are a lot of reasons for this, one of the main reasons is, obviously, they are sponsored, if you watch a lot of MLG or used to, MLG halo, you noticed that many pros drank red bull and dr pepper, one of the main reasons is sponsorship, if they see people like that drinking it, obviously young kids will start, but, as everyone knows, sugar drinks and energy drinks have lots of sugar, as a result of this, this makes you more alert and more aware, and again, as such usually, your reaction time is much faster then that normally, now im not saying "OH GO OUT AND BUY THESE DRINKS AND THEY WILL MAKE YOU PRO" no because everyone knows the side effects of sugar drinks as well as anybody, but, definitely have some drink which can keep you awake and active, as it will you help you in a lot of ways with reactions, you will play better, call out better and overall be a better team player, as i said, don't go out and get completly sugar high on drinks, but, definitely have one spare, i always have the occasional red bull or Lucozade spare, which is why im probably hyper in most games with you guys :D

3. Other Games can help you too.

Now before we start, lets not start with all of the fanboyism with "OMG YOU SHOULD ONLY PLAY HALO TO GET GOOD AND BECAUSE ITS THE BEST" that is what a close minded, but true halo fan would say. You should be open to other games as they can help you, lets take...*deep breath* CoD. CoD probably doesn't take that much skill at all, it's essentially a 1 shot kill game in any respect, however, it does bolster up reactions and movement as you have to be more aware in CoD then halo because you can die at any second from anywhere basically, even at spawn in the very first second, you have to be on your toes all the time, with halo its not so bad because its not 1 shot kill (except with sniper) so its not so bad. Also battlefield definitely has the tactical element CoD doesn't, so you can use tactics from previous BF titles to use in halo and they do work, so, this is just a general example of how much other games in general can help you improve as a player on halo.

4. Controllers.

Now, this is going to be a quick topic for me as i have NO idea about controllers, but ive heard many controllers which don't have slow turn and stuff, as with many controllers, its like an accelerating speed, start off slow, move quicker, i think with slow turn, you can turn really quickly no matter what, but honestly controller isn't a huge deal unless you're the type of fast player who wants to 360 people all the time and make a 360 montage, then nah, controller isn't a huge deal, its nice for looks, but that's it, don't go wasting $80 - $100 on a controller which probably won't help anyway, only get it if you really like it and think you'll use it lots and know it will help.

Ive heard controllers from Madcatz are very good, the MLG controllers allow you to take out the D-pad and everything for your own customization :D

5. Twitch.Tv

Now this kind of a hard topic for me as twitch.tv for halo has taken a MASSIVE decline, with no halo on the circuit anymore next to no halo pros play :L, but some pros like Formal and stuff still play, so go and watch them, anyway, twitch.tv can help in a lot of ways, the same as teamliquid.net streams can? the reason, well, you may want to copy the way some of the pros play, for example, you may see Ninja or Formal rush for sniper and go to someplace you'd never think of going and get like a triple kill straight off, that will entice you and excite you and you will think "hey i want to do that" and will copy it and do the same thing.and the same results, now, don't get me wrong, you can't watch a pro's stream and go pro, it doesn't work like that, these pros have had years to refine their game to the point where they are so much better, hence why they are pros. but, you can take snippets and little things out of the game and copy them and learn a lot from pros, pros like Ryanoob used to give out tips and watch people's play to see how they could help a player, but, that doesn't happen anymore, but watch streams and learn from them and you will definitely become a better player :D

And also you will witness funny moments like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906P2APWwCQ

Anyway thankyou for reading, i think this was a pretty successful return to the series and i will definitely do more, im happy to do them again and i just stopped cause i had other projects on my mind, but i will definitely continue to 20 every week.

For Entry 12:

-Zealot (Strategy)

-How your team can become closer and how it affects gameplay

-Setup for a good gaming experience

-Sports and how they can help

-Overview of halo 4 and how it can be good for MLG and starting players.

• Like 4

ou can get RAZOR ONZA controllers with changeable thumb stick sensitivity, and extra buttons, very good for gaming :P

Plus i find countdown to be the best map for SWAT, mainly because all the idiots ALWAYS cross the bridge

when i play SWAT on countdown, they're all at lifts for me.

• 2 weeks later...