The SAW

Wes Stone501

I agree why not? But don't you think it would've evoled a little bit more than that? Maybe I am not liking the look and name because of how new it is. I guess I'll see when I play the game Nov 6 :chaingun:

Ok. Challenge for you. Design for me your own version of the SAW. Just for fun. If you do so I will try as well :)

Okay okay the saw is a lmg its the m249 lmg witch is a squad automatic weapon and it does look like a the m236 whatever and yes its look relistic and cartoony and I really hope that the saw is in the loadouts

And is this weapon going to be in the loadouts and 343 I hope u do make it one

I hate it when they nerf weapons. All it does is make the games last longer. I think they should increase the power of the other weapons to compensate if it is OP.

But then everyone will die too quickly, if they it as powerful as the SAW. Nerfing balances out the game.

But then everyone will die too quickly, if they it as powerful as the SAW. Nerfing balances out the game.

No, nerfing ruins the game. Nerfing weapons turns one shot sniper rifles into portable cotton ball launchers. Nerfing turns assault rifles into jokes. Nerfing leads to boring and frustrating gameplay. What's the point in playing an FPS where your fist is actually more powerful than your rifle? :/
  • Like 2

I think it's balanced. The magazine is really small for it's fire-rate. It's not really like an LMG, it carries less ammos. You can't use it for suppression fire, you have to make every shot count.

It appears to be balanced so far, the spread is big, and the clip goes by fast. Nerfing it wont be the answer, I agree with the above, nerfing weapons is not the answer, increase the other weapons to match. Dying faster may happen, but it also makes it more realistic even for a Super Soldier

Honestly I've been waiting for Bungie (Now 343i) to put a LMG in the game. I feel like its the only gun that was missing from the arsenal. I cant wait to use it. I think this could be implimented into multiplayer really well and even in Custom games. I cant wait :)

Everyone thinks the name 'SAW' is the name of an actual gun, it is not, it is added to end of almost every LMG that is used in the special forces, I believe.

It stands for Squad Automatic Weapon, so it's name is not really appropriate, since chief ain't in no squad.

@Gundamatrix: Actually the 'SAW' has a small ammo capacity. it has a good ammount fo spread, along with a small ammo count, you have to be precise wih the shots taken (to an extent of course). It will be a good suppression weapon and assisst building weapon

• 3 weeks later...