So me and my friend were playing Halo:Reach the other day and noticed that exiting a vehicle (Usualy a Banshee) was taking to long when your been shot at by the whole enemy team. So we were thinking and thought it would be a great idea if there was a quick ejection system, maybe hitting the right bumper or a simliar button while in a vehicle and you would dive out of it.

There has to be a catch right?

So maybe you loose some of your shield when you dive out depending on your speed and how you land. You may also consider not beening able to use your abilities until they recharge again.

I hope that everyone shares their thoughts and opinions on this.

Your Friend,

Connor

AoT x EpiczZx

• Like 1

Sounds like an interesting spin on the system. I think it would make sense, aka. you rollout of the ghost or warthog (ground vehicle) and jump out of the tank or banshee. Of course depending on the height of jumping out of the banshee it may just kill you, but that gets inot the whole "Fall Damage" thread also existing lol.

Sounds like an interesting spin on the system. I think it would make sense, aka. you rollout of the ghost or warthog (ground vehicle) and jump out of the tank or banshee. Of course depending on the height of jumping out of the banshee it may just kill you, but that gets inot the whole "Fall Damage" thread also existing lol.

yep, its all going to be about the fall damage.....

especially when ejecting from a ghost :laughing:

You would not take damage.

"So maybe you loose some of your shield when you dive out depending on your speed and how you land."

You can avoid damage all together. Getting out fast while slightly slowing down the vehicle, and getting out normally while still moving fast. So what's the point of a damage penalty? People would still do it at high speeds anyway, and if you're getting hit by an entire team, what would be the point of quick ejecting and losing shields if you don't already have shields or are losing shields quickly, would you die? If that's the case then just get out normally. I hate to be that guy but I don't see the point of this. You want people to die in vehicles most of the time otherwise it turns into battlefield. The whole Halo risk/reward thing needs to be there. You know you can't bail out at super speeds if you get into a tight spot and your vehicle is taking damage and might explode but you know you have increased speed and damage to compensate. Like in the gameplay footage of the warthog getting stuck by the sticky detonator, if the two bailed out at super high speeds and lived with only a little shield penalty... not very satisfying for the guy managing to get the stick.

"So maybe you loose some of your shield when you dive out depending on your speed and how you land."

You can avoid damage all together. Getting out fast while slightly slowing down the vehicle, and getting out normally while still moving fast. So what's the point of a damage penalty? People would still do it at high speeds anyway, and if you're getting hit by an entire team, what would be the point of quick ejecting and losing shields if you don't already have shields or are losing shields quickly, would you die? If that's the case then just get out normally. I hate to be that guy but I don't see the point of this. You want people to die in vehicles most of the time otherwise it turns into battlefield. The whole Halo risk/reward thing needs to be there. You know you can't bail out at super speeds if you get into a tight spot and your vehicle is taking damage and might explode but you know you have increased speed and damage to compensate. Like in the gameplay footage of the warthog getting stuck by the sticky detonator, if the two bailed out at super high speeds and lived with only a little shield penalty... not very satisfying for the guy managing to get the stick.

Yes, you can leave the vehicle normaly but this would result in a slow ejection and in that time you may have blown up so my point being that you leave the vehicle as its about to explode but you leave fast enough so it doesnt while your sill leaving.

Yes, you can leave the vehicle normaly but this would result in a slow ejection and in that time you may have blown up so my point being that you leave the vehicle as its about to explode but you leave fast enough so it doesnt while your sill leaving.

Eh IMO that would rob a lot of people of deserved vehicle kills. Just learn to time getting out better and become more efficient at knowing when your vehicle has sustained too much damage, it's pretty fast as it is how much faster do you want it? That's a fundamental part of being in a vehicle, having more speed and damage output than people on foot but knowing that what you're riding in is a big target and can blow up in your face. The insta-ditch feature eliminates the danger of using vehicles, making it only a win-win scenario, which overpowers vehicles, by enabling the user to live and continue the fight on foot too easily.