Requiem's Location

ViperSRT3g

I had a quick chat about this on the shoutbox, and decided to post about it here. But has anyone noticed that the stars in the background of the final Halo 3 Cinematics, and the first Halo 4 trailer look like the Pleiades star cluster?

Here's an image from the cinematic, and a link to a picture of the star cluster.

Cinematic Image:

post-28911-0-86088000-1344556478_thumb.png

Pleiades Star cluster:

http://www.skyfactory.org/m45/m45_fullview.jpg

• Like 1

Also note, that the planet could lie behind the cluster, and we could be seeing them from the far side looking towards Earth. It could potentially be much further away than just the 391-456ly that we know of. It could also be why not every single star seen in telescopic images appears in the nebula.

Also note, that the planet could lie behind the cluster, and we could be seeing them from the far side looking towards Earth. It could potentially be much further away than just the 391-456ly that we know of. It could also be why not every single star seen in telescopic images appears in the nebula.

That's what I think.

Or we could be on the side!

Mind=Blown

Well, it would have to be near human-controlled space for the Infinity to arrive there, so it's possible (but unlikely) that it's near Reach. If it was IN human-controlled space, however, it would have been discovered by now.

Also, the Infinity was constructed in the Oort cloud, so that further supports the theory that it is near human-controlled space. Whether that is actually the Pleiades Star cluster or not depends on whether it is in Human-Controlled space or not.

Bear in mind as well, video games aren't always as intricate as you may think. They may have just picked some stars at random to feature there, or they may have used real stars for added realism. :/

Requiem CANT be close to UNSC space, wouldn't make sense if it was.

i agree. the Ark was definately not in human space, and thats where Chief originally went into his cryo sleep. But, he did float around space for 4 years. If the UNSC did not recognize the remains of the ship that he was in, then hes probably not in human space

i agree. the Ark was definately not in human space, and thats where Chief originally went into his cryo sleep. But, he did float around space for 4 years. If the UNSC did not recognize the remains of the ship that he was in, then hes probably not in human space

The front half of the ship made it through the portal back to Earth. The back half, the side Chief and Cortana were stranded on, was cut off, but still made it through the portal. They simply didn't travel all the way back to Earth. Because of the Ark's location, it has no background stars to be near. If the ship were even remotely close to the Ark, these stars we are looking at wouldn't be there. And they most certainly are stars as they are surrounded by nebulous gas.

Because of the presence of stars, this shows that the ship did travel back within the galactic disc. However, it did not make it all the way back to Earth. This makes me wonder if a straight line distance from Earth through the Pleiades cluster and out a few hundred thousand light years would send us back to the Ark's location outside of our Galaxy.

For additional information about the Pleiades Cluster, click here.

EDIT: I just found another interesting source of information located here. It talks about the distances of Human-controlled space.

Edited by ViperSRT3g

It is not near Reach at all. Here are sources.

"Reach was a human colony world in the Epsilon Eridani System, located within the Inner colonies." -http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Reach

This is the location of the Pleiades Star Cluster. It is the bunch of stars with a crosshair over it.

800px-Pleiades-Taurus-Stellarium.png

Ignore the second image, they're connected. This is the location of Epsilon Eridani System, in which Planet Reach is in.

366px-Epsilon_Eridani_location.png

Here is how far apart they are from eachother.

The Pleiades star cluster is close to the Auriga constellation, hence the first picture. Epsilon Eridani is located in the Eridanus Constellation.

xephem_all_labels.gif

Planet Reach/ The Epsilon Eridani system is about 10.4 light years from Earth. The Pleiades Star cluster is 391-456 Light Years from Earth. Reach and the Pleiades Star cluster probably have nothing to do with eachother.

The game MIGHT DEFINATELY have something to do with the one or the other. It might have nothing to do with either. It just doesnt seem logical to have it revolved around both since they seem so far away from eachother,

• Like 1

There are stars and Nebulae outside of Galaxies...

And Director, where a ship was constructed doesn't seem to explain where it ended up. That cunfuzzles me. :S

And they are few and far between, mostly in globular clusters, but these clusters are mostly devoid of gas and dust as they are used up by the stars.

The last time I compared star clusters i found it meant completly nothing. Not meaning to burst your bubble but I dont think it has any relevance.

This may always be the case. I just noticed the similarity, and found that no one has brought it up in the forums.