Shield Strength/Promethean Weapon Power

SykoWolf

I noticed during the Campaign gameplay vid from E3 that the Master Chiefs shields went down quite quickly from the Crawlers shots. Now i know many will just pen this down as Promethean weapons being much more advanced but i have a problem with that.

In previous iterations of the Halo series there was a rock paper scizzors sort of weapon power pyramid. The covenant weapons were good at taking down shields but not so much at taking down health.The UNSC weapons were the complete opposite and the flood had were effective at taking down both.

Now while the promethean weapons are more powerful you would think that they would be better at taking down health due to the fact that during the last years of the Forerunners lives they were fighting the flood and so there weapons would have been adapted at taking down organic material.

So my question is this, why does the Master Chiefs shields go down so quick?

And i do suppose it could be attributed to difficulty settings.

Well he kind of looked around like an idiot for theatric effect. He got hit by multiple crawlers at once.

Ah didn't take that into account. Also i didn't realise they played Demo's on Heroic. Plus i think they are invincible in Demo's so that they dont die and get embarrassed on a live show :P

Ah didn't take that into account. Also i didn't realise they played Demo's on Heroic. Plus i think they are invincible in Demo's so that they dont die and get embarrassed on a live show :P

Personally. I think it is all filmed prior to and then they have a guy who pretends to play the game. It would be hilarious if he would have died. He came close twice.

Personally. I think it is all filmed prior to and then they have a guy who pretends to play the game. It would be hilarious if he would have died. He came close twice.

Plus they would probably lose face if the 343 employee's died in there own game :P and they mite not want people to see the main menu

this is very good question though about how the forerunner weapons will damage players. I think it may end up like the brute spikers, where they damage both shields and health at a moderate amount

Good point. But i suppose we still have to take into account the fact that there weapons are more powerful then the covenants.

Good point. But i suppose we still have to take into account the fact that there weapons are more powerful then the covenants.

it probably seems logical that they would be more powerfull thatn the covenant weapons, but i think it would make some of the gameplay a bit unbalanced, so i would assume they are equal in their own ways