Whole New Looks for the Spartans ??

Victory Element

i wonder how much they will change it, or if it will be the same as the one in reach

Hopefully they don't change it too much. And I can't for the life of me decide which one I like more: the one in Reach, the one in Halo 3, or the original.

I also like the look of the Mk IV helmet, and the helmet from Halo Wars. Or was the one from Halo Wars the Mk. IV?

Hopefully they don't change it too much. And I can't for the life of me decide which one I like more: the one in Reach, the one in Halo 3, or the original.

I also like the look of the Mk IV helmet, and the helmet from Halo Wars. Or was the one from Halo Wars the Mk. IV?

personally, i dont like the Mk. V

but its a classic

To me it looks like they had a few people design all the armor. Each person sketched it out their way and they added all of their cool features together. But their "cool" features don't work well together and it just looks like an ugly mess. There are impractical grooves, edges, spikes, etc. on everything that bugs me.

Whoever made the default armor though did a good job.

i know i will definietly make my armor more practical in halo 4 if most of the armors are like these because i fell more at home with the simple base color, and secondary and not colors all overthe place like these pics lol

It's all a matter of persepctive. Armor that looks cool to you may look very dumb to someone else. And I'm sure the artist coming up with the armor wasn't cackling evily saying this piece is another dumb looking spawn just taking up space. They also have to innovate for the sake of innovation, you can't just bundle up Halo 1/2/3/Reach armor and say look it's Halo 4 armor, people will feel jipped. When I look at them, they look Halo, and that's the only necessary tick in my book they need to join the ranks. Functionality is also a matter of perspective. All in all I'm sure everyone will find a couple of pieces they really like and think will represent them and their tastes well, and that's all that really matters. I'm pre-ordering from Walmart soley for the Oceanic armor, and I've seen tons of hate on it. Not gonna stop me from wearing it for a while, as I think it looks cool. If you can't find any armor you like, close your eyes when you go into 3rd person. This isn't a big issue.

The spartans look different because they are a different generation of spartens. The Master Chief (and his spartan comrades) is a Spartan II (the strongest, fastest, and best generation) after the II came the Spartan III who were cheaper, weaker and basically just expenidble super soldiers. In Halo 4 their is the newest generation of Spartans called Spartan IV's who have NOT been trained from age 7 like previous Spartans but were hand picked from existing ODST squads to get augmentations. Hope this clears things up for you

...trained from age 7...

Actually, the Spartan II's were trained from age 6. The Spartan III's were orphaned children whose parents were killed by the Covenant; they volunteered, and a lot of them were even younger. And the Spartan IV's include soldiers from every branch of the UNSC military who volunteered, including Spartan III's who were willing to be integrated into the program. At least, this is what I've read in Halo: Glasslands.

The spartans look different because they are a different generation of spartens. The Master Chief (and his spartan comrades) is a Spartan II (the strongest, fastest, and best generation) after the II came the Spartan III who were cheaper, weaker and basically just expenidble super soldiers. In Halo 4 their is the newest generation of Spartans called Spartan IV's who have NOT been trained from age 7 like previous Spartans but were hand picked from existing ODST squads to get augmentations. Hope this clears things up for you

i've said this in a previous post: i know WHY the spartans look different. I just want OPINIONS about tthe new look