Jet-Pack

Legitgit200

Jet pack is actually one of the few AA's I very rarely ever take, but personally I don't have a problem with it being in the game. While it has a tendency to "break" map flow, it isn't all that difficult to counter, and it does make you a sitting duck while flying. On the other hand, it does allow teammates to join a battle above them if there is room to fly up. Either way, though, I don't see it as a problem and as long as 343 is creating maps with the jet pack in mind, I don't think it is going to be an issue.

If someone takes control of a central point of map control then they should be rewarded with that area until they are killed, in which the next person would take control. This leads to some epic battles and a lot of fun. If someone has a jet pack to just thrust up and flank a guy that's a one shot, then what fun is that? The jetpack takes away from the game.

If someone takes control of a central point of map control then they should be rewarded with that area until they are killed, in which the next person would take control. This leads to some epic battles and a lot of fun. If someone has a jet pack to just thrust up and flank a guy that's a one shot, then what fun is that? The jetpack takes away from the game.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. Most maps that have good positions that you can defend, Jet-Pack won't help anyone take it. Jet-Pack had many, MANY counters. It is up to you to use them. One counter was to just shoot the guy. He can't immediately land, nor can he maneuver out of your shots. Chances are, you can kill him. Just because he gets the drop on you doesn't mean his Jet-Pack needs to be taken, it means you need to be more aware. That's all. It's not the Jet-Packer's fault that guy got to one shot. If you can't get him, use the Jet-Pack yourself. He likely isn't used to aerial battles. Use that against him. Jet-Pack literally takes nothing from the game. You just have to *look* for it. You can't expect him to fall in your lap.

All in all, Jet-Pack isn't flawed as much as y'all think, y'all just don't watch for it enough. Remember, watch the skies.

Besides, 343 have nerfed it for Halo 4. Be happy you can play without worrying about the skies as much.

Exactly Ryu, the jet pack in Halo 4 was stated by 343i to be just a boost this time aorund. So it will not allow someone to fly around, it will allow them to boost to a high point and thats about it. Besides as Ryu pointed out if someone is jet packing they are an easy target, so boosting will also eliminate the big target in the sky hopefully

There's no jet packs in Halo 4, there are thruster packs. I believe 343 has said that Thrusters provide a momentary speed boost in a given direction and no people have been seen "jet packing" in videos. There have been plenty of people with thruster packs on who are mistaken for people with Jet packs, but 343 has said they arent in and there has been no footage to the contrary. Just a word to the wise.

With regards to the OP, the only maps Jet pack really bothers me on is Asylum. Other than that, I could care less. Allot of people said Countdown as a problem map, but I've never had problems with jet packers on that. If anything, Jet Packing has routinely seemed to me to be a great way to get yourself killed except on those few maps which are structured in such a way as to make them usefull, and other than Asylum I can only think of one (its a forge world map that I can't remember the name of). With regards to map flow, Sweaty Bagels is only partly right as nearly as I can tell. Aside from a few very definite movements that jet packs don't really stop, Map flow emerges organically over a long period of time, it cannot simply be designed into a map. What map flow is designed, with regards to maps in Reach, remains regardless of Jetpack. The greatest kill area on Countdown is still the top of the lifts.

@Viva: Yes the jet pack is returning and yes it has been seen in several videos. The first video that showed the jet pack was in Spartan ops and the most recent was in the shotgun video. 343i never said it was not returning, they never said anything about it actually. They only said that thruster is a mix of evade and jet pack. As you can see from the video below, the thruster pack is a quick burst in a single direction, while the jet pack is a gradual boost up.

http://n4g.com/news/...eath-from-above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiEiJmmqdtY

Well, by boost, I mean it isn't like a double jump, but more of a Reach Jet-Pack with a lot less juice. Meaning you probably can't cross Asylum with it anymore. But you still have your "control" over how much juice you use at a time. I'm willing to bet it takes longer to recharge as well.

What I wonder is, why when the Beta of Reach was announced, and they showed the Jet-Pack, everyone loved it. They loved it IN the Beta. So bungie didn't nerf it. Then they whine later about it. It isn't Bungie's fault. They gave us a Beta to test and inform them of bad ideas and mechanics. WE were the main deciding factor in how the AA's work today. So it's OUR fault. But we still can't blame ourselves because it's in a gamer's nature to blame the game or developers. So called "gamers" these days...

I agree Ryu, the community spoke too late when they aired their opinions on the jet pack.

Exactly, we had our chance to fix it. Then people blame Bungie for listening to their fans. I think it's, at the very least, unfair.

Let's hope, this time, that now that 343 has been able to do something about the complaints, they can give people what they want. Jet-Pack is useless for a small 2 second stint, but I'm sure taking out about a third or half of the time it had in Reach would do nicely.

I have a feeling that Jet Pack will not be a part of the loadouts for certain maps to handle "map flow." Seeing as the loadouts will change from playlist and maps, it may not be on all maps and in all playlists

I can imagine it will be out of some playlists, but not any maps. They can't set there and limit something you spent time and SP getting, just because the Jet-Pack can get to the rockets faster. Anyone can use Jet-Pack, so it's fair.

Frankie and 343i already said it will act more like a 'boost' than a flying aparatus.

@Ryu: Well seeing as Hardlight shield and other abilities are not in all loadouts, I could see 343i taking the jetpack out of certain maps. Even now in reach, the jet pack is not in every map option

Frankie and 343i already said it will act more like a 'boost' than a flying aparatus.

@Ryu: Well seeing as Hardlight shield and other abilities are not in all loadouts, I could see 343i taking the jetpack out of certain maps. Even now in reach, the jet pack is not in every map option

Uh...any slayer, objective, or BTB map has it. Like I said, they said boost, but in the video, it isn't a simple double jump, I think it's like the Reach Jet-Pack, but with a lot less juice.

Do you guys think you should be allowed to reload while jetpacking? It could kind of even out the armor ability.

Well, that would defeat the purpose of having an awesome suit that does all the Jet-Pack stuff for you. I think with the Jet-Pack not being able to fly across the map, it's fine.

I hate needlers, but I use them to kill other Jet-Packers as well. :S

I'm going to be brutally honest here. Most maps that have good positions that you can defend, Jet-Pack won't help anyone take it. Jet-Pack had many, MANY counters. It is up to you to use them. One counter was to just shoot the guy. He can't immediately land, nor can he maneuver out of your shots. Chances are, you can kill him. Just because he gets the drop on you doesn't mean his Jet-Pack needs to be taken, it means you need to be more aware. That's all. It's not the Jet-Packer's fault that guy got to one shot. If you can't get him, use the Jet-Pack yourself. He likely isn't used to aerial battles. Use that against him. Jet-Pack literally takes nothing from the game. You just have to *look* for it. You can't expect him to fall in your lap.

All in all, Jet-Pack isn't flawed as much as y'all think, y'all just don't watch for it enough. Remember, watch the skies.

Besides, 343 have nerfed it for Halo 4. Be happy you can play without worrying about the skies as much.

I'm completely aware of jet packers in the game. The problem is when they flank as I said in the last post. Sure, they're easy to kill when they come at you from above 1 on 1, but if you're a one shot or fighting somebody else you don't get a chance to look in the air. Awareness won't fix that problem.