So... about this "Secret Helmet".

xVelocixRaptorx

Releasing new armor permutations for the game via the armory would not require any special additional coding. The newer version of the blam! engine relies heavily on the use of scripts to execute just about 60 to 70% of everything we do in game and in the lobby. Adding the new perms would be as simple as updtating on the script sources and linking it to the actual data that would come in the form of an update download.

Now, a big misconception around here is that Bungie did Reach. Not true. 343 worked closely with Bungie in all aspects of Reach. It would not suprise me that 343 would kick off it's official permanent handling of all things Halo, with some sort of updated content. Hell, they could be releasing the helmet as an add-on special for those who pre-order the Halo 1 remake to go along with the redone maps. Which now looking at it, makes the most sense. Every Halo game after 2, had a special add-on or code for a special item for those who pre-ordered or grabbed a certain edition of the game.

Releasing new armor permutations for the game via the armory would not require any special additional coding. The newer version of the blam! engine relies heavily on the use of scripts to execute just about 60 to 70% of everything we do in game and in the lobby. Adding the new perms would be as simple as updtating on the script sources and linking it to the actual data that would come in the form of an update download.

Now, a big misconception around here is that Bungie did Reach. Not true. 343 worked closely with Bungie in all aspects of Reach. It would not suprise me that 343 would kick off it's official permanent handling of all things Halo, with some sort of updated content. Hell, they could be releasing the helmet as an add-on special for those who pre-order the Halo 1 remake to go along with the redone maps. Which now looking at it, makes the most sense. Every Halo game after 2, had a special add-on or code for a special item for those who pre-ordered or grabbed a certain edition of the game.

Now that makes sense, first sensible post about adding tings to armoury I have read to date. Be nice to get a special something for the armoury..... and lets be honest i wouldnt care even if it was a 1 gig download, theres quite a few games where there has been an update and its been 1 gig. Burnout Paradise anyone lol

Yeah true that man. 1gig for an Island map was rediculous. But thinking about the armor persm.....they couldnt in any way nearly amount to qualifying as a 1ig download though. Most of the models used in the Halo titles have a pretty descent compression rate. Even when converting those models over to an obj for instance, the file size is very minimum. If they did offer a 1gig update to increase the armory a lot, they could probably fit anywhere from 90 to 130 different armor perms.

Of coarse we all know that won't happen. The 343 team is too busy prepping additional work for H4. But yeah it would really cool to see the new helm leaders of Halo give us community guys some cool new extras to work for. hell, I'de like to see some crazy new achievments.

For that matter, who thinks up the achievments anyway? They are lame as hell. Where is my "Family jewels" award for sticking an enemy in the crotch 5 times?!?

not true. ive seen videos with all the armor possible in the game.

Would IGN photoshop this?

http://www.halopedian.com/images/6/6c/New_helmet.jpg

Bungie and 343 being themselves they can make any helmet and any armor effect they want. Weather they want to add it to the armory for us is a different story.

Adding armor to the Armory is only a matter of an Update. Case and point. Back in the day when Lt.Col was max rank. Everything after it was Unavailable. Then the Update and all sudden the rest was Unlocked.

For all we know. The next update could add new Ranks and new Armor.

Further more you've seen videos of people with Jtag xbox's with no Updates onto their xbox. (Don't try to say they have Updated Xbox. The new dash was design to Detect and Ban and Disable J-Tags.)And a good chance with that account they have not killed all the Bob's and gotten all the data pads..

Note: Killing all of the Bob's hasn't actually been fully done by anyway. As certain missions have no Visible Bob's. Then the theory comes in that. The Bobs are in the Banshee's. Even if that did Unlock this "GND"(Or whatever it's called) Helmet. Noone has done. (Beside Bungie and 343) which they will not tell us weather killing all the Bobs can be done and how to get this Helmet.

Also, On the Halo Waypoint website. there was a a little hint as to their being new Armor. But no confirmation. All we know is. that it is a secret. And time will tell. Or you could go on to Youtube and try to find out how to unlock it and have a high chance of getting Rick Rolled.

The "secret" helmet has been spotted in the armoury.

While watching the Bungie vs The World Steaktacular webcam on of the Bungie employees changed his armour and the "secret" helmet was in there and was described by a Bungie employee as "343's Baby".

You may also notice that the first map pack made by 343 has two versions with one being 252ish mb larger than the other, rumour has it thecoding for the helmet is in there.

It is called the bob helmet for a very specific reason they look very similar

Its called the BOB helmet cuz ppl dub it that way in belief that its related to the BOBs in game.

@the guy saying Lt colonel was the max rank.

If you stayed offline on Reach it would show you your true rank and the rest of the armory.

When you went back online, you would be back to Lt Colonel.

My guess is that 343 is adding some armory updates with their title update/next DLC/Halo CEA.

I'm not going on a wild goose chase, ill let others do that.

Its called the BOB helmet cuz ppl dub it that way in belief that its related to the BOBs in game.

@the guy saying Lt colonel was the max rank.

If you stayed offline on Reach it would show you your true rank and the rest of the armory.

When you went back online, you would be back to Lt Colonel.

My guess is that 343 is adding some armory updates with their title update/next DLC/Halo CEA.

I'm not going on a wild goose chase, ill let others do that.

True but did anyone have a silver account and leveled up to Inheritor. No, Moders did. That was the point I was getting at. To the people online it was locked. Was the other point I was getting across. And if you play offline now. It's still the same. I'm guess with the people who do made those videos it would be the same as well.