An Idea for Forge Mode

Optimus96

I have had this idea for Forge for quite some time now and I would like to suggest it. Sorry in advance if this has already been suggested before.

In forge you guys put in a glue feature where you can stick two or more sencery objects together so you are able to move the whole object as one. And if you want to delete any objects you glued together just simply press the delete button and you have an option of deleting the the one object you looking at or deleting the whole group objects.

If you get the concept of this idea then here is an example:

I have 3 walls, I put these 3 walls together side by side, and I "glue" them together. Now I can move all 3 walls together like it was one big wall.

Now say I want to delete the wall from my left. I would look at that one wall and hit the delete button. An option window asking me if I want to delete just that one wall or all 3 walls together.

Agian, sorry if this as been suggest before.

I could see how it could become useful, but I could also see how it could be tedious. You could forget that it was glued and temporarily ruin something when you just wanted to move one wall out, and going through menus to unstuck the stuff would be annoying after a while.

this is an idea that would come in very handy. I dont think it has been implemented yet, but i would hope to see it in the future

Thank you Victory!

I was getting sick in tired of building a nice looking structure but it was not in the right spot and I had to ether deal with (which is hard for me cause I'm highly OCD with my maps) or delete the whole thing and rebuild it. So I came up with this.

Yeah this would be a great feature for them to add. I highly doubt it will be in Halo 4 though seeing as that would be something they would have shown us in the video. My suggestion is to wait for Halo 4 to be released, then when they make a Halo 5 discussion sub-forum you should post this idea as a thread in there.

• Like 1

Thank you Victory!

I was getting sick in tired of building a nice looking structure but it was not in the right spot and I had to ether deal with (which is hard for me cause I'm highly OCD with my maps) or delete the whole thing and rebuild it. So I came up with this.

its most likely not going to be in halo 4, but we can hope for halo 5 :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I could see how it could become useful, but I could also see how it could be tedious. You could forget that it was glued and temporarily ruin something when you just wanted to move one wall out, and going through menus to unstuck the stuff would be annoying after a while.

I think if it was glued together when you highlighted a piece it would highlight the entire glued "piece." So if you ruined something you would be an idiot. :laughing:

I think if it was glued together when you highlighted a piece it would highlight the entire glued "piece." So if you ruined something you would be an idiot. :laughing:

That's what I mean. You want to move just one wall, but instead you move the entire thing, which you didn't want to do.

• 2 weeks later...