Official Q and A thread for SURVIVOR Halo Style

Absolute Dog

Will we have to draw purple rocks in the case of a tie?

In the case of a tie vote at the 'Party Council' a quick challenge will be help to break the tie.

Also, how many teams of 6 will there be? 4? 5?

The amount of teams, or 'Party's', will be determined by the overall number of participants.

What I'm asking is when do you plan to, say, start the first event? Unless August 4th is also that day?

Unless otherwise noted, the 'Party' selections by the 'Party Leaders' will begin the following day, Sunday, and the first competitions will begin the following Saturday. There may be a necessity to add two competitions per weekend.
  • Like 2

"Following this remembrance a jury made up of the final four players knocked out during the individual challenge and the last seven players voted off in the team challenges will hear why each of the two remaining contestants feel they should receive the jurors votes. Once the jury has cast their votes a final ceremony will be held where the votes will be read aloud and the winner of SURVIVOR Halo Style is announced. The winner will then be presented with his prizes and immortalized in our very own 343 Hall of Fame."

Not very fond of the fact that the winner of Survivor Halo Style comes from a jury vote, as this seems to be more of a popularity contest of members of the forum, rather than a legitimate vote coming from the competition and the contenders themselves, in my opinion it would be more fair and more interesting to see for the tournament, if the winner comes from a final challenge, using each skill in the previous games, or a gametype decided by the jury.

"Following this remembrance a jury made up of the final four players knocked out during the individual challenge and the last seven players voted off in the team challenges will hear why each of the two remaining contestants feel they should receive the jurors votes. Once the jury has cast their votes a final ceremony will be held where the votes will be read aloud and the winner of SURVIVOR Halo Style is announced. The winner will then be presented with his prizes and immortalized in our very own 343 Hall of Fame."

Not very fond of the fact that the winner of Survivor Halo Style comes from a jury vote, as this seems to be more of a popularity contest of members of the forum, rather than a legitimate vote coming from the competition and the contenders themselves, in my opinion it would be more fair and more interesting to see for the tournament, if the winner comes from a final challenge, using each skill in the previous games, or a gametype decided by the jury.

It is not fair to state that your fellow players will vote as if a popularity contest. This jury process is not only a proven system, but also places some emphasis on character.

There are votes throughout the entire contest that require 'Party's' vote off one of their own. That vote may not always be a vote of the one player seen for causing that particular loss. Influential individuals within the 'Party' or the group as a whole may realize that a single 'bad day' in a competition is not enough cause to vote off a very strong team mate they know will produce in the future. The votes may go to a player who is always just getting by. Is that fair? This is not just a simple challenge to test your skills with a DMR, jumping, etc.

You must "Out Wit", "Out Play", "Out Last"

hat will these "Challenges" and "Games" Consist of?

Forging

Jumping Maps

Shooting Tasks?

I will begin a thread that list a few of the challenges that will be part of the contest. I will not go into exact detail of them, but give a fair overview. Just about any type of challenge, or mini game, you may have seen could be integrated into this contest.

Will you or Quilts be participating?

She may choose to be present or even host some of the challenges, since it was her idea for this and she really enjoys this type of fun. As far as being a contestant...I never enter my own contests and she has not indicated whether or not she will go for it.

She truly deserves the credit and applause for this contest, thanks Zag!

Will the prize, a copy of Halo 4, be available as a digital download as opposed to an actual physical copy?

That can be determined when the winner is revealed and his or her country of origin is known.

Will there be any like, playlist gametyps, like Infection?

No. As I have stated before, the challenges will not be anything traditional. You will just have to wait until announce some of them. :smiling:

This might be a problem when sign ups end..

What if there are only say.. 15 people that sign up? (there are probably more then that right now but was just a random number)

If I were to make an analysis of the "random number" theory, gathering information read from the sign-up OP, using "15" as the random input would yield 3 teams of 5 players. The most a team can consist of is 6, but can be less. :thumbsup:

"If the members who have signed up by midnight on the 4th want to get this contest rolling, we will meet on Sunday the 5th at 12:00 pm EST. We will get the Party's selected and the Party names handed out. We can then set the date for the first contest.

If you all feel the need to wait until next Saturday to create the Party's, let me know in the Q and A Thread. "

I might be the only one for this...haha, but I can't make it on Sunday since I would be on vacation (I leave in about an hour). So I'll like for it to wait until next Saturday. If it does end up happening this Sunday though, is it okay if I don't show? Or will I have to withdraw from the competition?

I have a question.

Will the game be Free Roam on Forge World, and the teams are split up and have to find their camp? Or will it just be separate lobbies with challenges? Because I've been watching a one hour video of 'Survivor - Australia" and the survivors have to find food, build their camp, etc. How will you implement that into Halo's virtual world?

I have a question.

Will the game be Free Roam on Forge World, and the teams are split up and have to find their camp? Or will it just be separate lobbies with challenges? Because I've been watching a one hour video of 'Survivor - Australia" and the survivors have to find food, build their camp, etc. How will you implement that into Halo's virtual world?

Well....obviously we can not have some of the features of a real world game. With that said, we do have a Party Council area created for the voting, a welcome to SURVIVOR Halo Style area and each challenge will have it's own map/lobby. some will house two teams at a time and some will house four, depending on the total number of players.