Is there a way to make all the Halo 4 LE mighty ape DLC's work for my American Xbox 360

SpartanHero113

I was trying to decide which was the best preorder bonus when i saw the "Mighty Ape Bonus" for legendary edition on ebay. I decided this was the best deal and pay $140 for it. Then i happen to stumble across a forum saying that the Bonus DLC's wont work in USA. Someone please tell me i didnt spend an extra 40 dollars on something i cant even use. There has to be a way to make it work for my US Xbox. Or at least i hope so, i havent even got the game yet and it is already turning out bad. :mega_shok:

WHats Mighty Ape? I've seen something for that,

And I'm sure it would work; I haven't heard about any region locked content so far.

Mighty Ape is a Electronics Company for New Zealand and Australia. They have the biggest preorder bonus, but ive been hearing complaints of region locked content, so i would look into it more to make sure it works in your area before you end up a nervous wreck like me. ill try to get more details myself and update you when i get them.

Ofc the Bonus DLC's work in USA, if they didn't, no one would buy them lol.

Keep calm.

Thnx for the emotional support. :)

its just that i saw some complaints and i panicked, ill try to find more info.

any info found would be helpfull too, we can use this thread to confirm anyone elses doubts.

Agreed...I do believe that DLC and Live Cards are region locked. Also the game disc would not work on your US Xbox as those too are region specific. So really I would just wait for a possible Pre-Order Bonus DLC pack that Frankie hinted at

I sent an e-mail to Mighty Ape in New Zealand, the company that was selling it on Ebay, and they replied saying that the DLC's work fine but Microsoft hasn't confirmed whether or not the game works itself. Here is the message I recieved.

Hi Jeremy,

>

> Thanks for your inquiry.

>

> The DLC codes that comes with our Limited Edition Halo 4 do work

> internationally. :)

>

> Unfortunately at this stage Microsoft are unwilling to confirm whether the

> game will be region free or not so we cannot guarantee it however we are

> confident that it will be fine. From what we have gathered in the past

> nearly all third party games work fine across all platforms including the

> previous Halo titles.

>

> Please let me know if you have any further queries regarding this :)

>

>

>

> Kind Regards

>

> Kelly

> Mighty Ape

So hopefully all is well. Just waiting on the confirmation.

Right...the game disc is indeed region locked. But it does appear that the DLC is not like the came cards which are also region locked. So in essence you would have functioning dlc, but a non functioning game. I would suggest going on ebay when the game comes out and getting the dlc from ebay. People are already putting armor skins up for sale.

Well guys, I have bad news. They won't say if it will work or not and they said that if it didn't work that I can't return it becuase they never said that it would acually work. So if you live in America, don't let the extra DLC's pull you in like they did me. If you really want them, find somebody that will sell DLC's seperate. Thanks to Mighty Ape i will have $40 worth of content for a $100 game that i cant play. So $140 for DLC and a shiny case with a frisby inside.

So what would I do if I recieved the game and it doesn't work?

Unfortunately there would be little you could do as we haven't guaranteed

> that it will work because Microsoft will not confirm.

>

> Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. :)

couldnt i return the game?

Unfortunately not. We haven't guaranteed the game will work, so we won't be

> able to accept a return if it doesn't

It seems like Mighty Ape is one of those companies you have to read between lines of the fine print. :hope: << Unsuspecting Customer :ninja: << Mighty Ape

Not sure if anyone else has heard this but Frankie did state after ComicCon that 343i will be releaseing a DLC pack that includes all Pre-order bonuses which were retailer specific. The DLC pack will not include the LE and Console armor, skins etc. So I would just wait until this DLC pack is released on the Xbox Marketplace for the pre-order retailer specific bonuses.

Not sure if anyone else has heard this but Frankie did state after ComicCon that 343i will be releaseing a DLC pack that includes all Pre-order bonuses which were retailer specific. The DLC pack will not include the LE and Console armor, skins etc. So I would just wait until this DLC pack is released on the Xbox Marketplace for the pre-order retailer specific bonuses.

Well now i have all the DLC's from ME so im just going to get another legendary edition and try to sell the New Zealand LE without the DLC's. Then, whatever i don't have, i can order from Marketplace.