Halo 4 MAPS

UnHoLy JESTER

There are fewer maps that I would want remade combined from Halo 3 and Reach than I would rather have remade from either Halo 1 or 2. It would be exciting if they released the game with as few remakes as possible to see how well they can design maps themselves (already looking forward to what has been shown).

• Like 2

I think just dropping all the old and starting this new trilogy fresh would be great, just like what Biggles said. Halo: CE-Reach was a great time in Halo's life with A LOT of ups and downs but that was all Bungie. Let's see what 343i can do on their own two feet now.

I liked a lot of Reach's maps, but I felt they tried too hard to taylor the maps to the AA's (Mainly Jet Pack). I would like for the maps to play more like Guardian and The Pit, and just let people Jet Pack there. You don't need to put high up places to get people to get a lot out of Jet Pack. I would love to see Halo 3 maps return, although good forge world remakes (REACH HAD PLENTY, THEY WERE NEVER IMPLEMENTED) would be nice.

I'm fairly certain it'll be possible to remake most of the older maps in the new Forge World, and although they've said there won't be any remakes in the shipper maps they haven't ruled out remakes as later DLC. If there's sufficient demand for it, I'm sure they'll bring it out.

I still think the easiest way for 343 to make the game amazing is to incorperate the most popular maps from the previous halos. And im not talking about re-making them, for example blackout, this was the biggest slap in the face for the long time players, they took one of the top 3 best halo maps of all time and messed it up. All they need to do is like they did for midship on halo 3, they pretty much upgraded the graphics and kept everything else the same. Updating the graphics for the old maps would show the newer crowd how good the old maps were and it would bring back old players that have tons of good memories of them being so good.

Blood Gulch has been in every single Halo, well idk about wars but all the other ones. It's like a Halo tradition. 343 better bring it back.

Blood Gulch wasn't in Halo 3. And before anyone says it, Valhalla wasn't a remake of it and spiritual successors don't count as remakes.

I still think the easiest way for 343 to make the game amazing is to incorperate the most popular maps from the previous halos. And im not talking about re-making them, for example blackout, this was the biggest slap in the face for the long time players, they took one of the top 3 best halo maps of all time and messed it up. All they need to do is like they did for midship on halo 3, they pretty much upgraded the graphics and kept everything else the same. Updating the graphics for the old maps would show the newer crowd how good the old maps were and it would bring back old players that have tons of good memories of them being so good.

People shouldn't worry about 343 being able to make quality remakes if they do decide to do them, as was shown with the anniversary maps they did. Your post makes it sound a little vague as to who you're blaming for the good/bad remakes in Halo 3, but that was entirely Bungie dropping the ball with Blackout and redeeming themselves with Heretic.

• 3 weeks later...