Why Halo 4 Needs Seperate Playlist

Realidea

There are 2 kinds of people Competitive and not(social) The competitive person will be competitve on anything they do. Not because they are "try hards" but because competition is whats fun for them. i consider myself a competitive person. so when i play sports or video games i want competion thats what makes the game fun for me.if i play basketbal i wanna play to win and to try to win and the other team also trying to win.playing 4 on 4 close competitve game is whats fun to me. now the non competive person wouldnt want to play a competitive game of 4 on 4 they would want to play Horse or around the world.

Now theres nothing wrong with that. i get it, its fun for them. now if we get 4 competitive and 4 non to play basketball it would never work...if its 4 competitive vs 4 non its not going to be fun for anyone, A. because most likely the 4 competitve would win easy and that would be no fun for them because they want competition. B. it would suck for the 4 non because they would get ran over because they arent trying or they just dont care, no one would have fun. Now if you mix them 2 competitive and 2 non in each team? it still wouldnt work. the 2 competitive would be pissed that the other 2 arent trying and the 2 non would be pissed the other 2 are trying so hard. again it would ruin the game for all 8. The same thing with video games. thats why i think Halo 4 need a spical and a ranked platlist so everyone can have fun.

Do you guys agree or Disagree?

i also agree. Only yesterday i was playing Anniv Classic, i was on a invincible perfection yet we still lost 41-50 because my team mate and his guest had no intrest in actually playing the game, instead they ran around betraying each other and doing circles around the map on a mongoose. thats all well and good but let these people do that in a gametype that dosent involve teamwork.

I forgot to mention the ability to drop in and out of games. this would really kill a ranked game. so hopefully they will be 2 a ranked and a soical. In social you can drop in and out while in ranked you cant

I imagine that if they do have ranked playlists then they wouldn't have it so people could join in progress.

I forgot to mention the ability to drop in and out of games. this would really kill a ranked game. so hopefully they will be 2 a ranked and a soical. In social you can drop in and out while in ranked you cant

This. Been saying this since they mentioned drop ins. I personally think it would be good for 8v8 games, but I'm not yet sure how I feel about even 4v4 social slayer...

the problem with this is that a portion of the competitive players will play in the social playlists. They will just try to rack up kills off of those who are just playing for the fun of it......which makes it no fun

yes but not as much as if everything was combined. i tend to stick to the ranked playlist but from time to time i would go on social just to mess around. and yes there will be those few that go to rack up kills but that wouldnt happen so often and if it did you can just quit and hop on another game.

I imagine that if they do have ranked playlists then they wouldn't have it so people could join in progress.

yes i think they would to. what i was trying to say is thats another point why they should have a ranked and a social playlist. because if they dont the people trying to play a compettive game would get annoyed with people jumping in and out of games

I agree.

I also think that BTB needs two playlists. One for Objective and one for Slayer. It isn't cool that we get stuck with something we didn't ask for. SWAT needs it too. They really need to add many specific playlists.

They need it for this new Invasion type game also, assuming there will be an "Invasion Slayer".

Am I the only person who enjoys Invasion Slayer?

Bring back Ranked and Social would be great. Like Biggles said though, Competitive needs to be for people that really want to play competitive. If you are not truly ready to step into that side of Halo then that if fine, I know for a fact there is a skill gap because I go into Slayer in H3 and easily get a Frenzy, I go into Ranked and am lucky to come out positive.