The "Unofficial" Whats Your Halo 4 Loadout? Thread

SykoWolf

This is a simple thread.

Just post your own loadout for Halo 4 (including Armour ability), and reasons for choosing that loadout.

I will start:

DMR and Shotgun and Hardlight Shield- I choose the DMR because im quite effective at its use in Halo:Reach, The Shotgun because it gives me an advantage in CQC situations and the Hardlight Shield so i can support other players in defensive/offensive situations.

Edit*

Also you can include what your play style is if you want :D

i.e - Close Quaters or Long Range

Personally i prefer medium to close range weapons so i can "feel" my kills :D

Edit*

Also add your Grenade preference if you want :)

Carbine and Plasma Pistol with Hardlight Shield. Until I see more footage of the three major precision weapons I will stick to the conclusion that the Carbine has the fastest kill times. This loadout is designed from a BTB perspective (my favorite playlist), so it will also feature the plasma pistol for use in disabling vehicles. Continuing with the theme of BTB I view the BTB as a possible asset for my play style. It will let you survive vehicle combat if used properly.

Of course once new game footage is released and somebody examines it/does the math this is subject to change. Yes I know that 343industries has spent time since E3/RTX tweaking kill times... but this does not mean they are completely even yet.

DMR and Shotgun and Hardlight Shield

I do not think that they are going to let us start with shotgun right out of the spawn. That would be way OP in CQB prominent maps and promote camping in corners and such.

Well, my favorite would be a Carbine, BR and jetpack.

Obviously, I love jetpacks and am skilled with them in Reach. Surely in Halo 4, they control the same, even though they are rumored to be less powerful.

I love my height advantage. It lets me get above and confuse my enemy sometimes. The weapons, obviously, you know why.

Well, my favorite would be a Carbine, BR and jetpack.

Obviously, I love jetpacks and am skilled with them in Reach. Surely in Halo 4, they control the same, even though they are rumored to be less powerful.

I love my height advantage. It lets me get above and confuse my enemy sometimes. The weapons, obviously, you know why.

No, i dont please enlighten me with you mad skillz :)

Most likely BR, plasma pistol, and thruster pack. Along with the faster shield recharge thing and more ammo. I know there have been more packages discover but I can't remember them so I just chose from what is on the official site.

Primary weapon choice really boils down to which of the three (br, carbine, dmr) gives me the best fighting chance in the most ranges right off the spawn though.

Loadout 1 AKA Close Range:

Primary: Shotgun/Scattershot

Secondary: Magnum/Sticky Detonator

Armor Ability: Promethean Vision

Loadout 2 AKA Medium Range:

Primary: BR

Secondary: Magnum

Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield

Loadout 3 AKA Long Range:

Primary: Promethean Sniper/Storm Rifle/UNSC Sniper

Armor Ability: Auto Turret

Loadout 4 AKA Heavy Weaponry:

Primary: Spartan Laser/Rail Gun/Rocket Launcher

Armor Ability: Regeneration Field

No, i dont please enlighten me with you mad skillz :)

Lol. I was always good with a Carbine In Halo 2 and 3. In Halo 4, I hope it is the same. But the BR is just for when they get close or for maps like Adrift. Close corners call for a well rounded gun. The Carbine has it's limits I'm sure.

Lol. I was always good with a Carbine In Halo 2 and 3. In Halo 4, I hope it is the same. But the BR is just for when they get close or for maps like Adrift. Close corners call for a well rounded gun. The Carbine has it's limits I'm sure.

It probably overheats, lol XD

I prefer DMR because it is one shot kill if your shields are down, thats why it is Anti-Material rated

Wait now I'm getting extremely confused. I thought it was confirmed in Halo 4 that you could only have the BR, DMR, Carbine, Assualt Rifle, and Storm Rifle as primary weapons in War Games loadouts. Where is everybody coming up with snipers, rockets, and shotguns?

On a small side note you would also have to choose a grenade. As a BTB player I would have to go with the plasma nade for its anti-vehicle effectivness. However if the Promethean grenade was given a speedier detonation time than that might be more effective in an anti-vehicle role.

:)

• Like 1

It probably overheats, lol XD

I prefer DMR because it is one shot kill if your shields are down, thats why it is Anti-Material rated

I doubt it overheats, because in the gameplay vids, i saw nothing of the sort. Maybe it changed...who knows? But, the Carbine is a one shot kill with no shields as well. BOOM! Headshot!

I choose Promethean grenade XD light rulz!

That is another thing. I find that the way they are structuring the grenades in Halo 4 to be a bit strange. You have the plasma grenade which is in a catagory of its own, and then you have the frag and promethean grenade which serve the same sort of [playstyle. Both wreck havoc to opponenets shield. I think that the only difference is that the Promethean Grenade has a hard radius of effect while the frag grenade is softer and less effective the further you are away from it.

Because there is not enough difference I find myself believing that there is further differences between the two. Perhaps the Promethean Grenade has half the detonation time as the others or instantly detonates upon coming in contact with another enemy?

Wait now I'm getting extremely confused. I thought it was confirmed in Halo 4 that you could only have the BR, DMR, Carbine, Assualt Rifle, and Storm Rifle as primary weapons in War Games loadouts. Where is everybody coming up with snipers, rockets, and shotguns?

On a small side note you would also have to choose a grenade. As a BTB player I would have to go with the plasma nade for its anti-vehicle effectivness. However if the Promethean grenade was given a speedier detonation time than that might be more effective in an anti-vehicle role.

:)

You are correct, there are only 5 starting weapons as you stated. People who are saying shotgun and sniper is the reason some people think that Halo 4 will be CoD...

• Like 3

You are correct, there are only 5 starting weapons as you stated. People who are saying shotgun and sniper is the reason some people think that Halo 4 will be CoD...

This is why we can't have nice things ppl get the wrong impression and make accusation's that would NEVER make sense and they'll be called out for it.
  • Like 1

Carbine/BR (Depends on which I find to be the better) Magnum secondary.

Probably going with hardlight shield or promethean vision.

As for grenades, heck if I know.

Fyi i've seen screens where shotgun is a choice for primary.

Which scares me. That gun isn't made for starting out. It is for finding on the map, or dropping into the map.

Primary Secondary Grenades Armor Ability Support Upgrades Tactical Packages

Carbine - Plasma Pistol - Plasma Grenades - Hologram - Awareness - Grenadier

DMR - BR - Promethean nade - Active Camo - Resupply - Firepower

Carbine/BR (Depends on which I find to be the better) Magnum secondary.

Probably going with hardlight shield or promethean vision.

As for grenades, heck if I know.

Fyi i've seen screens where shotgun is a choice for primary.

Link me and I will believe you, please do not take that in a rude way, I know it sounds rude but I do not mean for it to be took as I am calling you a liar. I just have not seen anywhere that you will be able to start out with anything other than BR/DMR/Carb/AR/P-AR.

• Like 1

Please no fights/wars/what have you this is a standard "What would you choose for your loadout" not for fighting and we don't need this thread locked.

Updated list for Elite side(if they have them added as a minute add), Carbine, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Grenade, Hardlight shield.

Updated Spartan list, DMR, Assault Rifle, Frag Grenade, Hardlight shield,

Wow, I never realized how many people actually like BTB on this forum. I will personally be using

BR or DMR- I enjoyed both it just depends which has a better feel in H4.

Plasma-I play a lot of competitive/Ranked so having the option to plasma someone then 1 shot them is great, I suspect that this will be playlist restricted though.

Frag Grenade-Can effect more people and even kill, also I do not need to worry about vehicles.

Thruster Pack-move about the map and pull off some nasty strafes

Extra Ammo-I feel like having a good amount of ammo is safest because if I play against kids who strafe well then you go through quite a bit of ammo.

I will probably end up playing in playlists that are weapon restricted so most of this will never apply to me, but if it does then that would be my choice.

Edit #1: I prefer to stay at a medium range all the time, never too far so that I have to zoom in to kill my enemy but never so close that I have to make sporadic movements to get a headshot.

Edited by Sn4zzle