Why cant we pick up grenades??

Victory Element

In halo 4, part of the loadout customizations will choosing a support package for your player. The following so far are:

Awareness

Allows the player to see their radar whilst using a scoped weapon. It also offers "heightened locational intel of all nearby enemies", although it's not clear what exactly that entails.

Sensor Upgrade

Increases the range and sensitivity of the radar.

Ammo Upgrade

Allows the player to spawn with more ammo.

Resupply

Allows you to pick up grenades from dead players - which also means that without this upgrade you will not be able to pick up grenades dropped by other players.

Mobility

Infinite sprint. People who've played the game at E3 say that this isn't as big a boost as it sounds, you get quite a lot of sprint by default.

My concern with this is the resupply support package. We now need an ability to be able to pick up nades off of dead players. i find a large problem with this. an ability that has always been given to us has now been taken away and limited!! we can already pick up ammo from dead players, it would only be logical to be able to pick up grenades too.

What is everyone else's opinion on this new "perk" that you need??

I actually like the fact that we no longer can pick up grenades. now there wont be anymore greande spamming, especially right out of the gate. Now people will have to conserve their grenades if they dont pick resupply, instead of just throwing them like crazy. You will still start with 2 grenades which is fine, if you want to be able to spam more, choose resupply, if not than use them wisely.

I was concerned when I first heard about it but not so much now. You can still pick them up from their regular spawns so it isn't like you can't resupply. Maybe 343 wanted people to actively search out grenades like any other weapon rather than just relying on picking them up from people you killed.

• Like 2

i've never had anything against spamming. i will admit that i do it sometimes, but thats not the reason why i am concerned about this. I just dont like the idea that i start with two grenades and dont get a single nade more til my next life.

It is overkill in my opinion, but i've come up with a new idea. If the player who threww the grenade is killed before detonation, it no longer detonates. it sounds simple and logical, i dont think it would cause any problems either

Why would an active grenade magically not explode because the person who threw it died....? Yeah it is annoying to die to grenades after the person died, but the only times I truly have a problem with it is whenever they somehow threw a grenade and yet not one frame of the animation of them doing so played. Besides, how else would you get from the grave kills if they made grenades not explode after death? :)

Why would an active grenade magically not explode because the person who threw it died....? Yeah it is annoying to die to grenades after the person died, but the only times I truly have a problem with it is whenever they somehow threw a grenade and yet not one frame of the animation of them doing so played. Besides, how else would you get from the grave kills if they made grenades not explode after death? :)

you do have a good point, but kills from the grave will also be affected by not picking up nades, because chances are, you wont have any left by the time you die

The same reason a spartan super soldier would magically not be able to pick up grenades :D

You can still get the From the Grave medal... It would just be far far rarer.

@Victory Element: If the grenade does not go off after they die that would not make sense. They already threw the grenade so it should still go off. If you choose resupply you can pick up grenades. If not you can still pick up greandes from their spawns on the map as previously stated above. Also it just prompts players to think more wisely about using their grenades now is all.

i have just been a bit concerned about my ammo supplies. I am one of the few that prefers the the DMR and i am assuming it will be harder to scavenge DMR ammo off the battlefield. If this is the case, i will probably use the ammo package, but i also use grenades a lot, so its a problem either way. I guess i can make a choice once the game comes out and i can see how the gameplay feels

I Would probably use Resupply in every Loadout, the rest doesn't seem so helpful

just consider if you were to have the awareness package after picking up a sniper rifle. No one would be able to flank you or come too close without you noticing. you could find a perfect sniping position, and you could very easily defend it and be an effective sniper

Like I said, resupply is handy, but since we only have shields to protect us now and no health packs, the recharge shield perk will be helpful. Also awareness will be nice, but I honestly dont stay zoomed in all the time anyways unless I know there is a little scuffle going on. Plus in the Snipers gametype I am pretty sure they will make awareness a part of the loadouts as a given. Once the game comes out it will be interesting to try out different combos

From what i've seen in videos so far, grenades are a bit more effective than they used to be (mostly because of a slightly shorter throw-to-detonation time) so maybe 343 is trying to limit the spam of a more powerful grenade. Just opinion, I could be wrong and grenades are exactly the same.

This is a big clue showing that grenades are probably mini nukes again. Having to limit it means that instead of limiting range and power, they limited availability. Bad choice IMHO.

that makes sense, give them more power, but limit players' access to them

but i would prefer the opposite way.....

less power but nades for everyone

well i only see this as a problem in smaller maps, though not that big of a problem. Because poeple often use their granades so much that when you have killed them, you wont get any nades. But then again if you cant pick new nades up people will proplably use the nades more careful...so I dont really know if i like this or not, we'll see when the games come out.

From what i've seen in videos so far, grenades are a bit more effective than they used to be (mostly because of a slightly shorter throw-to-detonation time) so maybe 343 is trying to limit the spam of a more powerful grenade. Just opinion, I could be wrong and grenades are exactly the same.

If this is true then i think it would be good, though in small maps, people will die alot and spawn instantly with new grenades, then this would maybe be a problem....

I did not expect this to be something the developers would implement. Good find.

Notice the context though. "...from dead bodies". This does not include grenades that will undoubtedly be placed on the map. So you can still pick those up, meaning that learning the locations of them will be a little more important.

• Like 1