Halo 4 Custom Games? Information on game options.

Atmus

Holy crap! I finally found a community forum for 343i. Thank the precursors its not *BLAM!* But anyways guys I just came on the forums to hopefully find some people with knowledge of Halo 4's custom game options. Mainly because, recently I have delved myself back into Halo: Reach for its custom games; and getting in a few enjoyable, laughable and just great games. Although, I did always find Reach's custom games to be a bit less fun. Unlike Halo 3's where I have amassed so many fond memories of playing games like Garbage Man, Speed Halo, Ice Cream Man, and Jenga. The list really doesnt stop there and actually I remember creating some games like Juggerball (you can get the aspect of the gamemode) and Sticky Wars. The thing about my games I created (although somewhat generic) was that they were a lot more creative and they had more options to edit with than in Halo:Reach's. Options like regenerating grenades and scoring settings for objective based gamemodes. (Ex: you only get points by getting kills with an oddball.)

All I'm trying to get at is that I'd like to know your thoughts and opinions on what Halo 4 Customs will be all about. And please guys, help a veteran player/fan out and give me some info on the future custom games.

Well in the forge preview video we saw trait zones where you can edit specific traits and have those traits be specific to a certain designated area. That alone should make for some really interesting custom game options. As far as new traits we haven't seen too much though.

Welcome to the site :)

what he said.

Definitely. Actually, this could mean for interesting KOTH gametypes where in the hill you have Bottomless clip or some other type of godly power. Or you have insta kill. Or in infection, the humans could have cycling areas that make them invisible or have insta kill. So many possibilities.

Definitely. Actually, this could mean for interesting KOTH gametypes where in the hill you have Bottomless clip or some other type of godly power. Or you have insta kill. Or in infection, the humans could have cycling areas that make them invisible or have insta kill. So many possibilities.

i never thought about this much, sounds like things could be made very interesting

Well all of this wishfull thinking and helpful info seems to show that 343i knows what the community wants and I guess I'm just gonna have to be patient and see whats in store for the Reclaimer trilogy. But its gonna be hard waiting.

Lots of interesting possibilities with the trait areas, you could in theory design a map with multiple diverse areas, each with it's own trait-set. Example: A large multi-tiered room in which you have a higher jump/movespeed, you walk through a door into a very tight maze in which you have no jump and a slower movespeed. Lame example, but I hope it gets the point across.

I can imagine many people making obstacle cources and such with stuff like this.