Remaining Armor Abilities?

Tallgeese

Looking at Halo 4 now you can already use an armor ability that is mainly used by prometheans: Hardlight Shield. For everyone's sake, I DO HOPE you cannot get an armor ability that lets you teleport like the promethean knight in the campaign gameplay.

Aww come on, that looks epic, may be overpowered. But maybe have the speed drop down to 50% for two-three seconds after you do the jump?

Just as long as there is no jet-pack. Jet-packs destroyed map design and flow in Reach and for no reason would be brought back to Halo 4. I think that a small mini-emp would be kind of cool. You could use your armor ability when a warthog is zooming past you and disable it for a very short time. This would bring back some of the anti-vehicle capabilities of armor lock in a far more skillful form.

:)

An interesting ability would be to include an ability to swim or submerge oneself in ponds. I say this for two reasons at the new Ice map I think it's called Longhouse or something?, anyways there looks to be water near what I presume as the center of the map it would be interesting to conceal yourself underwater then hijack a nearby warthog or something. 2nd one of the Preorder skins is called oceanic and the armor depicted looks like some nautical diver out of a submarine.

Like this comment if you think it would be interesting for 343 to incorporate water for something other then kill zones

Just as long as there is no jet-pack. Jet-packs destroyed map design and flow in Reach and for no reason would be brought back to Halo 4. I think that a small mini-emp would be kind of cool. You could use your armor ability when a warthog is zooming past you and disable it for a very short time. This would bring back some of the anti-vehicle capabilities of armor lock in a far more skillful form.

In no way do I think Jet-packs destroy map flow. The maps were made so that a Spartan with Sprint could get to most power weapons just as fast as a Jet-Packer. And vice-versa. Most Jet-Packers don't flee as most claim. I am a Jet-Packer myself. The Jet-Pack destroys mobility while air-borne. Fleeing is difficult to do, as anyone can chase you on any map since you have to land.

As far as is known, the Jet-Pack is back. But you can rest assured. 343 claims it is more of a boosted jump than a personal plane this time. :)

• Like 1

In no way do I think Jet-packs destroy map flow. The maps were made so that a Spartan with Sprint could get to most power weapons just as fast as a Jet-Packer. And vice-versa. Most Jet-Packers don't flee as most claim. I am a Jet-Packer myself. The Jet-Pack destroys mobility while air-borne. Fleeing is difficult to do, as anyone can chase you on any map since you have to land.

As far as is known, the Jet-Pack is back. But you can rest assured. 343 claims it is more of a boosted jump than a personal plane this time. :)

That's good to know that it won't be returning in a full blown form. My concern for map flow wasn't about getting to the power weapons quickly. It was simply that most maps have designated paths that the makers draw the player towards taking. While it always felt like a lot of choices there were relatively few. When they introduced the jetpack there instantly became 25-30 different route possibilities and it made the map flow chaoitic and somewhat non-existent.

However this logic can easily apply to all the AA's in Halo Reach which were designed to draw out combat, and therefore slow down map flow. Just my opinion and nothing more.

actualy, i believe the Jet pack was mainly there so players could reach Hard-to-reach area's. It wasnt meant for use in firefights or other combat situations.

there are not that many "hard to reach areas", it simply that some places take longer to get to on foot. The jet pack was designed to help players change elevation on a map without needing ramps and grav lifts. It is simply an alternate way to change your position on the map, and its not meant for combat situations. It makes players into sitting ducks when they are high in the air with no cover

as long as you cnt go as high as you could in reach it should be fine.

I'm a Jet-Packer also, and I would love to see Jet-Pack return in Halo 4, in its full form though. It's the best way to get over obstacles and very useful in FIrefight in Reach.

As far as I knew the Jet-Pack was taken out and integrated along with evade into the Thruster Pack. Which would make sense in regards to the statement of a slight boost, seeing as thruster pack is a boost in a direction.

Also, I thought the Sentry turret was a perk, not an AA.