All 10 new Halo 4 Weapons Discovered or Revealed

Archangel Tyrael

Last month we learnt that Halo 4 would feature 10 new weapons when I broke the story about Micorosoft's ExpertZone presentation. All ten new weapons may now have been either officially revealed or discovered by fanscarefully picking through Halo 4 media. Let's take a look at the new toys we'll have available to us on November 6th.

Rail Gun

We've yet to see or hear the Rail Gun fired (officially), but you can expect it to behave much like the Spartan Laser, but probably with a bit more splash damage.

Halo_4_railgun.jpg

Sticky Detonator

The first Halo 4 gun to be revealed was the Sticky Detonator. Seen by 343i as a replacement for Halo: Reach's grenade launcher (pro-pipe) it is supposedly much easier to pick up kills with. It now has a much bigger screen to help you time your detonations and the projectiles will stick to surfaces as opposed to the bouncy projectiles of the Reach equivalent.

Sticky+Detonator.jpg

Unnamed Promethean Weapon

We don't know the name of this weapon, but it can be seen on the Halo 4 page on xbox.com. The silhouette makes it look a bit like a crossbow. We've yet to see it fired so can only speculate as to what role it fills in the arsenal.

Mystery+weapon.jpg

Scattershot

I'm sure we've all seen this beauty in action by now, the Promethean equivalent of the Shotgun, a close range power weapon that vaporises foes. It's round can also bounce off hard surfaces which promises some interesting gunplay possibilities.

Scattershot.jpg

Light Rifle

The Light Rifle is a Promethean utility weapon, it is quick fire like an Assault Rifle, but also accurate like a Battle Rifle. It sounds overpowered, but I'm sure 343i will be hard at work making sure it fits in nicely alongside the other utility weapons.

lightRifle.jpg

Storm Rifle

The Storm Rifle is an evolution of the previous games' Plasma Rifle, it is rapid fire like its predecessors, but also more accurate due to the longer barrel. The name is interesting as we've seen from some Halo 4 toy packaging that Grunts were referred to as "Storm Grunts". Perhaps "Storm" will be some sort of socio-political faction among the Covenant - which may also explain why they're fighting us again.

StormRifle.jpg

Mystery Weapon #2

No silly, not the Rocket Launcher, that stubby gun on the Spartan IV's leg has yet to be officially revealed. It has a similar form factor to the old SMG, but the orange light and angular lines suggest it might be some sort of Promethean secondary weapon.

Mystery+Secondary.jpg

Mystery Weapon #3

This is another weapon that we've yet to see fired, but it looks seriously meaty. With that form factor it has to be a power weapon akin to the Rocket Launcher or Spartan Laser.

Mystery+Weapon2.jpg

Promethean Sniper

The Promethean Sniper was mentioned by David Ellis in the Spartan Ops video I posted the other day, the long barrel would suggest that this picture is of the not-yet-officially-announced Promethean Sniper.

Sniper.jpg

Promethean Repeater

The Promethean Repeater was shown in the E3 Spartan Ops build, the name has only been mentioned once by BS Angel in the Weekly Update that followed E3.

Promethean+Repeater.jpg

The information shown was from LittleEnglishHaloBlog http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/07/all-10-new-halo-4-weapons-discovered-or.html

• Like 4

Could be a promethean equivalent of the SMG. That's what it looks like.

Anyway, awesome find! I still can't wait to see the Promethean sniper and Rail gun in action :D

I don't think its an SMG. I don't think we will be seein' an SMG anytime soon in Halo. I think its some sort of Light Pistol.

Mystery Weapon #2

No silly, not the Rocket Launcher, that stubby gun on the Spartan IV's leg has yet to be officially revealed. It has a similar form factor to the old SMG, but the orange light and angular lines suggest it might be some sort of Promethean secondary weapon.

Mystery+Secondary.jpg

Hold on, wouldn't this gun be the Assault Carbine? Speculation and rumor has basically said it will be similar to the SMG, and this looks similar.