Spartan Points system and party up queues

Victory Element

ther are two things that i am a bit concerned about in halo 4. These were problems in reach that i hope will be fixed in this next game.

Problem #1

spartan points system

i know this is only a placeholder name for now, but you will understand what i am talking about. In reach, credits were given based off of multiple things in a game, one of them being time. The longer a game went on, the more credits players would receive after the game. I dont exactly see the point in this and i hope it is removed in halo 4. A person couldnt even be playing and get a lot of credits because of the game's duration. It seems like a cheap way to deal out credits, but if there is other reasoning for it, please explain.

Problem#2

party up queues

in reach, after every game, there would be a countdown and when it ran out, you would be partied up with the remaining players and continue matchmaking. i have been in many games where people have not been playing and this is the cause of the problem. if the party up feature automatically happens, players can go on forever in matchmaking with nothing to stop them. In halo 3, i think you had to hit a button to party up, and this should return. And this also applies to the first problem. a player could just leave there xbox in matchmaking and it would keep going through games. The person wouldnt even be playing and they would receive credits for the length of each game

these are only some minor problems, but they do get pesky. Thoughts?

I agree with the party up problem. I understand how they want more dedicated servers but having people like that tag along with you is just annoying and unfair. I think they should do the party up feature that halo 3 displayed as you suggested.

• Like 1

Actually I saw a video where 343 said that you would get more points depending on your ability.

AND I found another problem: In campaign (without score option on), firefight, custom games and forge you don´t get too much credits, so I THINK that in halo 4 they will give you points the same way as in matchmaking.

Well i have noticed that lately in Reach and more specifically FF, when a player is inactive, after the game in the party up que, they are booted back to the MM menu. Also Frankie and the team slightly stated that with the inclusion of the new drop in/out system, people who dont play dont get anything, so I am guessing the game will boot them and fill their spot with someone else.

Oh, and SP are not what you earn after matches. You get XP to rank up, and each rank nets you a set amount of SP. Hope this clears that up.

thanx man. i forgot how the new system would work, but i just dont like how it gives you a budget in a way. Its like, you can have this many credits to spend and you get no more til you rank u p again. I think it limits armor purchasing a lot, but it will keep the ranking system more balanced

thanx man. i forgot how the new system would work, but i just dont like how it gives you a budget in a way. Its like, you can have this many credits to spend and you get no more til you rank u p again. I think it limits armor purchasing a lot, but it will keep the ranking system more balanced

Yeah, it puts more pressure on buying weapons, packages, and AA's rather than making your spartan look different. I think that I would buy as much arsenal as I could before I would use the rest of my budget on armor. I think the default spartans look great anyway. I am a ninja, and my spartan looks like one. :awesome:

Well i have noticed that lately in Reach and more specifically FF, when a player is inactive, after the game in the party up que, they are booted back to the MM menu. Also Frankie and the team slightly stated that with the inclusion of the new drop in/out system, people who dont play dont get anything, so I am guessing the game will boot them and fill their spot with someone else.

This is true. If you are inactive for more that 2 minutes before the game ends you now get kicked back to matchmaking lobby. I have found that even if you party up with randoms at the end of the game and they go afk the game after, it will boot everyone back to lobby.

Yeah, it puts more pressure on buying weapons, packages, and AA's rather than making your spartan look different. I think that I would buy as much arsenal as I could before I would use the rest of my budget on armor. I think the default spartans look great anyway. I am a ninja, and my spartan looks like one. :awesome:

its sounds a lot more reasonable to purchase weapons over armor........ And the spartan IVs do look like ninjas

I will probably end up buying all the weapons and packages before any armor as I think all of it so far looks like crap except the default look.

I will probably end up buying all the weapons and packages before any armor as I think all of it so far looks like crap except the default look.

i'll proabbably just get only the armor to go with my Best Buy pre-order skin, and from there only get weapons and such. I didnt pre-order it for nothin :thumbsup: