12+ killed at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Premier

MCPO Mayh3m

At least 12 were killed and 20+ injured at a premier of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, Colorodo.

Police have a man in custody who they believe is the shooter as they found a rifle and two hand guns(one in car and one in theater). The gunman did not put up a fight when being arrested.

He threw in a canister of tear gas/smoke bomb and opened fire upon the theater. One of the injured was just a 3 month old child. The video explains a lot more.

NOTE: Video Could contain violent content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTp1QozUDs

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

The man says he was the Joker and booby trapped his apartment. I will be all the more disturbed if this makes out to be a guilty but mentally ill verdict. Colorado avidly supports the death penalty, and the only way this man could be allowed to live is if he can prove insanity.

Thoughts?

If I were there as a civvie with a pistol(had a permit to carry it) I'd shoot back because this is the stuff I hate most we got home-grown terrorist's that go kill and injure innocent ppl and I don't tolerate this kind of behavior especially when I'm joining the U.S. Military

I would on purposely throw myself into the line of fire to keep ppl from being injured

I want to know the reason he did it. I also wonder how this is going to be used by politicians later on. I noticed that the word "terrorist" was dropped a couple of times. Dark times ahead.

This is also a valid argument against gun control. If the occupants of the theater had been permitted to carry concealed firearms, then this guy would not have been able to inflict nearly as much damage as he did.

• Like 6

I want to know the reason he did it. I also wonder how this is going to be used by politicians later on. I noticed that the word "terrorist" was dropped a couple of times. Dark times ahead.

This is also a valid argument against gun control. If the occupants of the theater had been permitted to carry concealed firearms, then this guy would not have been able to inflict nearly as much damage as he did.

Either gun Control or Higher Security.

• Like 1

I've never been for the death penalty, no matter how bad the action was, as they say, two wrongs dont make a right, the wrong being captital punishment.

But rather life in jail, with no ways of getting out, like parole and such.

Against? Yes, if the man did not have firearms this may not have happened.

No, If people in the theater have concealed weapons and decrease the inflicted damage then that would be FOR gun control.

Decision by means of the coliesium for this man: Thumbs Down

Higher security = less freedom. That is not the way we need to go in this day and age, with the federal and state governments trying their best to take part in as much of our lives as possible.

Isn't that what the Government wants though?

This is horrible, I don't have the slightest clue why anyone would do this. The fact that he didn't put up a fight when being arrested means that he wasn't doing it for a reason to me and that he just got some guns and wanted to try it.

Most likely wanted to be like Bane with the gas mask and all. It's my guess. The Batman movies are very dark and gritty so it is easy for someone to want to be the characters in the movie.

I agree with Director is some honest civillians in the theater had weapons and a carry liscense then the magnitude of this incident could be vastly diminished. You figure people like this who are willing to murder 15 people are willing to use back-channels to get the guns. Therefore there is nothing to gain from anything. Here is an interesting link to a Yahoo article.

http://gma.yahoo.com/colorado-batman-movie-shooting-suspect-phd-student-085940589--abc-news-topstories.html

The man says he was the Joker and booby trapped his apartment. I will be all the more disturbed if this makes out to be a guilty but mentally ill verdict. Colorado avidly supports the death penalty, and the only way this man could be allowed to live is if he can prove insanity.

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

Adding this to Opening post. Thanks for the info.

At first i thought this is a forum prank.

I wonder if on the spurr massacres were common in english speaking countries in the 1800's? They say society is getting worse but every man can imagine himself as the perpertrator during the act,we're human,every one of us are clones of each other,the only difference is experience.I remember hearing someone say years ago that we are if anything starting to react to increased competition and feeling cast adrift with no purpose,life will become cheap as we grow in numbers and walk away from god.

We're all intro's here,only intro's haunt the forums like they are clubs and being intro's we can figure things out pretty good,it's just that though the batman movies are dark they are not that sick to warrant this kind of nut off unless he was in protest against this type of movies or literally was hoping batman would jump out and stop.sic

Also If anybody is interested there is also this interesting tidbit.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/article/Shooting-cancels-Paris-premiere-of-Batman-movie-3722486.php

Due to this shooting France cancelled all their premires for The Dark Knight Rises. Kind of overkill to be doing this in France if you ask me, but I guess they could have suspected this of being a organized event in multiple theaters.