No Community Made Forge Maps in MP

Tallgeese

No Community Made Forge Maps in MP  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Community Made Forge Maps in MP?

• Yes
    • No

The publicly made Forge maps in so many of the Reach playlists are garbage. I really hope that 343i does not cop out and let the community continue to make unbalanced maps for mp. It was sad when Bungie gave up and let the community do all the work (bad work at that), so I hope 343i does not do the same thing down the road. I would rather pay for legit 343i made maps than have to play on garbage community made maps. There is my rant lol

What do you all think?

I agree. They should only include originally designed maps into Halo 4's War Games. Anything else is a cheap attempt to fill in spots that could be high quality enviroments with easy forge alternatives.

:)

If a map is good enough then it should be added. This adds variety to matchmaking and is a great way to recognize the hardcore Halo fans

Ok Dog sounds good, I wasnt sure which one would get more activity but yeah this one has a poll so that sounds good to me :)

I disagree Zuko, if a map is good enought than let it be for custom games but not official War Games mp. The only maps in War Games should be official 343i created and play tested maps.

Ok Dog sounds good, I wasnt sure which one would get more activity but yeah this one has a poll so that sounds good to me :)

I disagree Zuko, if a map is good enought than let it be for custom games but not official War Games mp. The only maps in War Games should be official 343i created and play tested maps.

Why not include them? If they meet the standards then there is no reason not to.

• Like 1

I personally do not think they hould be included. If one is included than others will demand that theirs are good enough and should be included as well. And if 343i says no it was a one time deal than they will be confronted with others demanding why not? it is easier to just create well balanced maps by 343i and only allows those of theirs.

Besides, doesnt the LE says that it comes with future map pack content which implies that 343i is already planning on making more official maps?

I personally do not think they hould be included. If one is included than others will demand that theirs are good enough and should be included as well. And if 343i says no it was a one time deal than they will be confronted with others demanding why not? it is easier to just create well balanced maps by 343i and only allows those of theirs.

Besides, doesnt the LE says that it comes with future map pack content which implies that 343i is already planning on making more official maps?

343 can always say no. Besides, we have no contact info for them so nobody could demand that theirs are good enough. And of course they'e gonna make some more map packs. It's a win for everyone. They get money and we get more maps.

Oh yeah I am not complaining about the map packs to be introduced later. I bought the LE and am excited for all aspects coming with it.

In my opinion, Halo 3 did well and still is doing well withought community made maps in official playlists. When Bungie introduced community maps to Reach, it was just their way of handing over the reigns to 343i and giving up work on Halo.

Oh yeah I am not complaining about the map packs to be introduced later. I bought the LE and am excited for all aspects coming with it.

In my opinion, Halo 3 did well and still is doing well withought community made maps in official playlists. When Bungie introduced community maps to Reach, it was just their way of handing over the reigns to 343i and giving up work on Halo.

Yeah Bungie really wasn't very good to Halo near the end. I've seen maps that are hundreds of times better than the forge maps in matchmaking. They also could have balanced things better and worked out some of the more annoying glitches.

Agreed Zuko, Bungie really dropped the ball towards the end. If not for Halo and M$, they could have gone out with a bang for the community who gave them all the support.

But hopefully 343i will learn from Bungie's mistakes and truly rely on and appreciate the community.

I don't agree that all Forge maps are 'garbage'. Look at some of the MLG Forge maps - they're absolutely fantastic competitive spaces, and a great deal better than some of the geometrically-formed maps like 'Reflection' and 'Zealot', which I think most people will agree aren't very good.

Sure, there are plenty of bad Forged maps. 'Uncaged' immediately springs to mind, as do 'Atom', 'Cliffhanger', 'Enclosed' and 'Think Twice'. But that is, simply, not the whole story. Take a map like 'Synapse', which is well balanced, caters to a range of playstyles, works well with either Slayer or Objective and with any number of players. It also looks a darn sight prettier than a lot of the non-Forged maps, and has far fewer exploits, glitches, and flow-breaking points to boot (Sword Base lift room, anyone?).

It could also be that you're looking in the wrong places. We have a great Forge section on this very website, with some really clever user-created maps; you could start by having a look at 'Emerge' and 'Pillar of Donut', both of which are extremely well made and provide a fantastic competitive spaces.

If a map is good enough to be included, it should be. Just because something is made in Forge shouldn't automatically disqualify it from being included in Matchmaking, especially if it provides a new or interesting experience. Matchmaking should be composed of the best maps available, not the ones with the least amount of Forge objects.

• Like 2

I did not say least amount of Forge objects. If 343i uses forge to make a map than by all means use it. But the majority of forge maps that are featured in Reach playlists are garbage. The ones listed such as 'Emerge' and "Pillar of Donut' are not apparent within the playlists. The ones that are apparent within the playlists such as 'Uncaged' 'Atom' and 'Cliffhanger' etc are indeed terrible. If 343i uses forge to make a map and it is balanced and good, than by all means use it and implement it into the playlists. But Halo 3 survived and is still going strong without community made maps. Community made maps were only introduced when Bungie gave up and moved on from Halo.

@Ryu: Yes there indeed community made maps in Halo 3, but they were not in any official playlist. BTB, SLayer, Objective, etc. They were in cutom games all over, but not official playlists

They actually had quite a lot of variants on Sandbox in the Social playlists, and even on a few occasions in the Competitive ones. Social Big Team was absolutely full of Forge maps.

Anyway, provided there's a good system in place that ensures we get more good, balanced maps like Synapse, MLG Nexus and Treasury, and less like Atom, Cliffhanger and Uncaged, I don't think there's a problem. New Forge maps, if they're well-designed, offer new experiences which keep matchmaking fresh and exciting and stop it getting too repetitive. Again, check our very own Map Room to see some examples of what the community can actually create - some of them aren't so good, some of them really deserve to be in Matchmaking.

• Like 2

The LE map packs will allow you to get a free download code when the map packs come out. 343I has said that they have two map pakcs almost done, but still need lots of testing and will change based on how people are playing Halo 4

I think they should keep the community maps, though in a separate playlist. But no community maps would be in normal playlists like BTB or Infection etc.

So community would have their own playlist with random gametypes and maps.

Also i think that when you can make a map that other players can play in Matchmaking, keeps up the spirit for players to forge and play halo. :)