Why there shouldn't be a ban time for quitting games.

So I got the great privilege of running into this today and it isn't the first time it's happened..more like the 50th...

Let me start off by saying I am a everyday halo player and i also have a life . I'm limited to 4/5 hours a day to really put in some games before I have to goto work or college. In these hours I run strict mlg and those that play mlg know the frustrations I'm running into almost everyday. When you have a playlist that "pro's" play, your bound to run into some guys that think there pro but in a reality, really don't know what there doing. I happen to not have a team or 4 people to play with on a constant basis so I'm usually put a group of random people.. That 50/50 either know what there doing.. Or have no clue ad are still in the learning stage. Those 2nd group of people mentioned tend to "quit" out of games when they start losing and there k/d starts going to ****. This makes me have to quit and after running into this for a hour or so I'll get the warning "if you quit one more your gonna get banned for 10 minutes. " Great so who do I go up against more good players that pick objective and we end up getting no power weapons and we start a long steak of spawn killing my teammates all quit out and I'm left with a 1v4... Which I have to do or..I'll get banned for 10 minutes. Do you realize how impossible it is to do a 1v4 on mlg 343? When these players know the spawns and either made me to death, snipe me, beat me down with the teabag after? You know cause there so good.. That part aside it's retarted period. And I've actually won a 1v4 but it wasn't on mlg it was on slayer in may and my whole team quit before I started on sword base and no ladies ad gents I dd not camp like a noob the whole match. That gets you far in call of duty but hall has always been about a shot and you don't get anywhere camping in halo unless your doing slayer not mlg type or the other team is completely retarted and don't take advantage of it. Why on earth is there a ban for ten minutes for quiting games that not even a mlg pro could win. Instead of sitting there forced to play watching your kd go down the drain and all the momentum you had before that game has got torn to peices. It's like playing a soccer game with one team only able to use a goalie while the other team has defenders a couple forwards and a goalie to make the other guy missable as hell. You don't get better that way.. You just end up turning off your Xbox and saying f this game i wanna play something else that won't ban for playing a unfair match up and something I'll enjoy.

Edit: apologize for the spelling errors this was typed on my iPhone.

well, don't quit.

The ban is there for people who quit because they don't want to play because they are all butthurt about not having things their own way.

Imagine this from the other side of the coin, if all of the opponent teammates quit but he stayed, he's staying for pride, he's not like most of them who just quit because they don't want to get embarrassed, if anything, its more embarrassing quitting then staying and keeping your pride :)

• Like 2

well, don't quit.

The ban is there for people who quit because they don't want to play because they are all butthurt about not having things their own way.

Imagine this from the other side of the coin, if all of the opponent teammates quit but he stayed, he's staying for pride, he's not like most of them who just quit because they don't want to get embarrassed, if anything, its more embarrassing quitting then staying and keeping your pride :)

So people are supposed to stay if all their team quits? I thought games were supposed to be fun. Don't get me wrong, I hate people who quit as much and maybe more than many other Halo players. But couldn't they let it go if you're the last person on your team who hasn't quit?

• Like 1

i'm sure everyone has had these problems one time or another, but the banning system should be fixed up a little. For example, if at least half of your team has quit in a game (and you're destined to loose), you should be able to quit the game and not have it count as quiting. Its never fair when you have a few noob teamamtes who back out before the game even starts, so why should you get punished for trying to have fun?? its no fun playing when you're getting wrecked, so you just quit and try to get a good game in a different lobby. But my point is, if a minimum of half of your team has quit, you should not be penalized for quiting

• Like 1

Then you should be the stronger player and not give up

No offense, but that's the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard. Why should I have to sit through the rest of the match, which well only consist of me getting killed quickly and repeatedly, when the rest of my team decided that it would be fine to quit before the game is even halfway over? I shouldn't. Sitting through the rest of the match doesn't make me a "stronger player", it just makes me a complete idiot.

Here's a solution. First two people to quit get instant half-hour bans, no exceptions. If something in real life is important enough to pull you away from the game, it's probably going to last more than half and hour, so that only hurts people who leave without a good reason. Anyone who quits after that gets away completely free: while we get a lot of stories of one or two man armies who singlehandedly come back from being 20 kills behind to win a game, that isn't what happens in most games and players should not have to suffer getting power weaponed to death twenty times just because their teammates suck.

This would of course be dependant on fixing the banhammer so it can tell the difference between a voluntary disconnect and an involuntary disconnect. No-one should get punished because their connection fails.

• Like 2

So people are supposed to stay if all their team quits? I thought games were supposed to be fun. Don't get me wrong, I hate people who quit as much and maybe more than many other Halo players. But couldn't they let it go if you're the last person on your team who hasn't quit?

That is why Join in progress is gonna be in for halo 4, to stop this happening.

No offense, but that's the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard. Why should I have to sit through the rest of the match, which well only consist of me getting killed quickly and repeatedly, when the rest of my team decided that it would be fine to quit before the game is even halfway over? I shouldn't. Sitting through the rest of the match doesn't make me a "stronger player", it just makes me a complete idiot.

Not trying to be offensive but ban time isn't that long 10-15 mins, not so hard to deal with

I NEVER QUIT EVEN IF MY TEAM QUITS. Ya'll needa learn you can play games on your own learn to be an actual lone wolf check out this film of me and some other guy in swat.: http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/haloreach/xpghxassassianx/fileshare?#!/?section=Film&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=29670526 NEVER QUIT