Okay... Will elites be in CUSTOM and FORGE?

Magooga 94

So I'm very confused right now. I mostly go to the waypoint forums but I'm suspended for a day (lol) but EVERYONE in those forums say Elites will not be playable AT ALL. Like nowhere but then I come here and everyone is saying you can play as them in every mode but Infinity... What the heck is going on??? Will anyone be willing to give me some official info and a source?

If you cant choose a species for your player in the multiplayer, its not like it suddenly changes when you play offline. you people need to stop worrying about the elites. all of this complaining is getting old and it wont make a big difference wether they are in halo 4 or not. I dont see what the problem is with playing as a spartan, but why are so many people desperate for elites?? its a stupid argument and starting more topics about elites will not get us anywhere in halo 4. Please, no more complaining......... start hoping for them in halo 5 or something. They are not in halo 4, cope with it

• Like 2

Like others have said above, I'm just going to reiterate on it. They claimed that elites would not be in multiplayer*. They didn't say "matchmaking", they said multiplayer, and there is a huge difference. I highly doubt that elites are going to be in custom games and forge, but I hope for all of the elite fans that I am wrong. Just don't take what people are saying at 100% face value about this either way, because nobody knows for sure, and I doubt we will until the game is released.

*Multiplayer is not strictly matchmaking, and encompasses all forms of multiplayer, including custom games and forge.

If you cant choose a species for your player in the multiplayer, its not like it suddenly changes when you play offline. you people need to stop worrying about the elites. all of this complaining is getting old and it wont make a big difference wether they are in halo 4 or not. I dont see what the problem is with playing as a spartan, but why are so many people desperate for elites?? its a stupid argument and starting more topics about elites will not get us anywhere in halo 4. Please, no more complaining......... start hoping for them in halo 5 or something. They are not in halo 4, cope with it

If spartans were removed then you would understand why we are not going to "cope with it". Those who are fans of Elites are just a smaller fanbase so our opinion doesn't matter as much as everyone elses. We are elites, taking away our ability to be them is like taking out identity as a part of Halo's many sub-cultures.

• Like 2

If spartans were removed then you would understand why we are not going to "cope with it". Those who are fans of Elites are just a smaller fanbase so our opinion doesn't matter as much as everyone elses. We are elites, taking away our ability to be them is like taking out identity as a part of Halo's many sub-cultures.

if you havent noticed, elites have not been playable in every halo game. How can you say it is your halo identity if you havent played as one since the start???? spartans have been there in the long run so they cant be complained about. If you complain about playing as a spartan, you obviously have a problem with halo, because spartans are the backbone of all the gameplay. Elites were just a little experiment that went completely wrong and destroyed halo :yes haha just kidding

but the elites are not allies in halo 4 like in some of the previous games, so they cant be playable if they are an enemy

if you havent noticed, elites have not been playable in every halo game. How can you say it is your halo identity if you havent played as one since the start???? spartans have been there in the long run so they cant be complained about. If you complain about playing as a spartan, you obviously have a problem with halo, because spartans are the backbone of all the gameplay. Elites were just a little experiment that went completely wrong and destroyed halo :yes haha just kidding

but the elites are not allies in halo 4 like in some of the previous games, so they cant be playable if they are an enemy

I was asking a legitimate question because i was confused not complaining. Second I'm not referring to playing off line, I'm referring to FORGE and CUSTOM. Third Elites Have been playable since Halo 2. So players can mark that as their identity yes. Fourth you should show a little understanding to how other people feel. Considering how many people are huge fans of Elites. Like he said, how would you feel if Spartans were removed?

Wow also they weren't allies in Reach and we could play as them..

I was asking a legitimate question because i was confused not complaining. Second I'm not referring to playing off line, I'm referring to FORGE and CUSTOM. Third Elites Have been playable since Halo 2. So players can mark that as their identity yes. Fourth you should show a little understanding to how other people feel. Considering how many people are huge fans of Elites. Like he said, how would you feel if Spartans were removed?

Wow also they weren't allies in Reach and we could play as them..

yep what he said

• 1 month later...

It would be nice if they bought them back.

The Elites allowed people to chose who they saw themselves as.....Nice good looking human beings or Ugly reptilian monsters XD

But no, seriously it would have been nice to have brought them back, but it wouldnt fit into holodeck idea. Unless a spartan dresses up as an Elite.

I assume that since they will not be in multiplayer that they will not be in any form of multiplayer. However that may not be the case. i do not believe that they have really specifically said.

Yeah. If they are not able to be in matchmaking then they would not have been made for just customs.

People say they understand, but they actually don't, same as someone said before, What if they removed spartans?

The community would be in an uproar(Assumption) over it, WELL, part of the community is upset.

"It's not that big a deal" Easy for someone who doesn't use them.

:\

And i'm sure if enough people were to complain about it, they'd make some sort of change.

Didn't 343 say somewhere "Elites are not playable." or something like that? Meaning at all. For me I dont care really. I dont like the fact that they even brought them back again. I hear that the heritics are only their in the beginning of the game to get you started but the are gone and its the glorious promithieans and forerunners for the rest of the game.

I think people want Elites for the machinimas and videos. Halo movies are a lot more interesting when the spartans fight elites

It would be nice if they bought them back.

The Elites allowed people to chose who they saw themselves as.....Nice good looking human beings or Ugly reptilian monsters XD

But no, seriously it would have been nice to have brought them back, but it wouldnt fit into holodeck idea. Unless a spartan dresses up as an Elite.

Or... The Elites could be "Training Programs" that we control.

SOME of the Elites are enemies in Halo 4 because they are in the Storm group, they are something like pirates. Most of the elites are still allies with humans.