Promethean Grenade

Giofosho

EMP grenades seem pretty pointless. You can bring down the shields of someone with a regular grenade and have a chance of killing them with the grenade too. As for using it against the vehicles, you have the plasma pistol.

That's the point, who wants to give up a DMR or BR or, gods forbid, a Carbine for a plasma pistol? Instead of carrying around the so called "worst weapon". I think it is actually one of the most powerful. But this gives you a way to use this effect without losing favorite firepower. We are fans, we have not played the game. We have no Idea how this really affects gameplay. We just have to see for ourselves one day.

That's the point, who wants to give up a DMR or BR or, gods forbid, a Carbine for a plasma pistol? Instead of carrying around the so called "worst weapon". I think it is actually one of the most powerful. But this gives you a way to use this effect without losing favorite firepower. We are fans, we have not played the game. We have no Idea how this really affects gameplay. We just have to see for ourselves one day.

Agreed on that it is very powerful, but you are not giving up any weapon. When you create your load out you have to pick a primary and the secondary, secondary being like the magnum or plasma. I doubt 343 is going to let someone have a DMR for primary and Br for secondary...that's just wrong. And if you use these grenades to have like a BR and magnum, that's just another combination of a noob combo.

Agreed on that it is very powerful, but you are not giving up any weapon. When you create your load out you have to pick a primary and the secondary, secondary being like the magnum or plasma. I doubt 343 is going to let someone have a DMR for primary and Br for secondary...that's just wrong. And if you use these grenades to have like a BR and magnum, that's just another combination of a noob combo.

There is a package that allows you to start with two primary weapons. This grenade allows you to keep your guns. Who knows, maybe you can only hold one?

There is a package that allows you to start with two primary weapons. This grenade allows you to keep your guns. Who knows, maybe you can only hold one?

Ooooooh, didn't know that. Well we will find out in 3-4 months. I just hope if they do have a EMP in the game, they balance it well.

• Like 1

The Promethean grenade, should use light in the same way that the light rifle does. Burning all those around a certain radius of the grenade. That would be cool :)

Like if you liked this idea :)

yeah, I've wondered... Why EMP for fighting the FLOOD!? They do not used shields. EMP would not affect the Flood.

It probably uses "light" to burn there enemies. Probably developed to fight the Flood, so it should be similar to the Fire grenade in Halo 3, only stronger i suppose, due to it being higher tech. Although it would have a small area of effect, so as to avoid people grenade spamming it.............

The more ways to handle vehicles the better in my opinion. Could also be used strategically at choke points or on chasing enemies. It would be kind of cool if you hit someone with it then they were slowed for a little (like how you used to be after getting boarded), or if it had the potential to kill weak people in it either from draining effects or from an explosion/implosion when the grenade wears off.